• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Graeme Souness = Newcastle manager

tox

Apprrently Souness has left blackburn already but won't be taking over newcastle until after the two sides play. It would ne too dodgy otherwise.

Canuck

Established Member
Saw a bit on tv today that said that Houllier was one of the names bouncing around to take over Rovers. Don't know if I believe it though...

Soler

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
skart14 said:
So who is taking over blackburn?.....
Maybe the Luton manager. He used to play for them.

Tony Parkes will for the time being. Sixth time he's been caretaker ... loyalty at its finest.

jeromelee

As much as he's a hard man, he's hardly ever won anything. Some spell in liverpool, torino, Galatasaray, Saints etc and nothing to show for it. I think perhaps the prisoners have gotten the wrong warden this time round

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
tox said:
Apprrently Souness has left blackburn already but won't be taking over newcastle until after the two sides play. It would ne too dodgy otherwise.
Why would it. He would try to win for his new club. It's like sold players wanting to score vs their old team. I doubt that Souness would allow Blackburn to win.

Jinn

Established Member
This situation is far more dodgy. Souness has absolutely no motivation for Blackburn to win now.

In fact it would help his new job if he made Blackburn roll over and lose.

The alternative is that he doesn't do anything connected with Blackburn or Newcastle until after the match. Two caretaker managers. That way, nobody is disadvantaged.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No. I'm saying he should be allowed to become Newcastle manager before the match as he would want his new team to win, not to let him stay on as Blackburn manager.

Arnie

just in time for school, my best mates a rover.

I think it's good for newcastle, i wanna see dyer v souness in training, only one winner!!

tbbosa

Dyer, Robert, Bellamy, Kulivert .....will get sorted. A part from that, I feel sorry for Newcastle. ..a few more years of missery and being average.
What a stupid appointment?

Canuck

Established Member
You would think so ya. That's why I wouldn't put him at the top of the Rovers list.
I did read that they had recieved plenty of attention from top level coaches who are interested in the job. I wonder if they'll go domestic or if they can find a foreign coach to take over. It's quite en vogue now with Benetiz, Mory, Jacque...for coaches to come to EPL. I wonder what Del Bosque is doing... :wink:

Mark

Established Member
Nah Wales won't get into the World Cup. Rampant Poland will win the group with England as runners up, on goal difference perhaps. :lol:

jeromelee

But lets face it, any top coach in Blackburn would still end up looking like cow poop. They're just not motivated nor good enough. Happy to be mediocre.

Canuck

Established Member
They need someone new in there, not just another English manager who is looking to save them from the drop. They need either a Steve Bruce type who has big plans for the future, or the more recently popular foreign coach with something to prove...

tbbosa

It seems it's fashionable these days to have a foreign coach (non-English). May be they should look for one.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Canuck said:
They need someone new in there, not just another English manager who is looking to save them from the drop. They need either a Steve Bruce type who has big plans for the future, or the more recently popular foreign coach with something to prove...
Steve Bruce is English. Or was he Italian :wink:

Latest posts

Top Bottom