• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Week no.22: Gael CLICHY

bobbypires

Established Member
Another great youngster. Last season he had a few opportunities and he didn't waste them. He's Ashley Cole's sub, but he can also play in midfield like he did on his Arsenal debut. He became the youngest player to win a Premiership medal.

Name Gael Clichy
Born 26 July 1985, Clichy
Position Defender
Country France
Height 181 cm / 5'11
Weight 72 kg / 159 lb
Joined Arsenal 4 August 2003
Arsenal Debut Premier League v Birmingham (a) 22nd Nov 2003 (Won 3-0)
Previous Club Cannes

Interesting: his surname and place of birth are the same.

lex

hot property. but dont know where he will play casue ashley is in front and pires play wide left so can reyes , v persi , ryan smith . unles ashley loses form and he takes over. certainly we cank keep both in 3 years time 1 woud have left by then . maybe real will poach ashley as the galactico when Roberto carlos retire or contract run out. intresting.

brianfrance

Established Member
My hopes : Wenger can start Ash and Gaël together

By the way, my second first name is Gaël... :!: :lol:

Mark

Established Member
I rate this kid very highly. I'd like to see him start more games. I think he could do perfectly well in midfield even though he is primarily a LB. He is quite possibly our fastest player as well which is useful. For me, whenever he plays, he impresses. A brilliant find by Wenger.

Canuck

Established Member
I like him, he's got skill and pace. Very much a defender being molded after Cole. Good on the attack and fast enough to get back. I'm sure he will see more playing time this season, especially in Cup Matches. Experience will see him get better, He'll be 20 next year and has many good seasons ahead of him. Hopefully as a Gunner.

rulehater

Gael Clichy just might be the 2nd best left back in the Premiership. Too bad he's in the same club with the best, who is only a few years older.

KingReyes

Established Member
Every manager's dream, to have two top quality players fighting for one position. Ashley Cole has cemented the LB spot as his and deservedly so, however in Gael Clichy we have one of the best up and coming players and when needed fills in magnificently even at LM. Whether he stays around knowing he could play first team football elsewhere is another matter.

Arnie

The hottest thing out the youth system since ashley cole!! Too bad they play the same position. If ash and gael could morph together they'd form the perfect left back machine!! He is a fantastic player in his own right and you know if ash doesn't do the business, this kid will!!

TIFANNY

I love him!!! he is a fantastic player!! and he always improve!! it's pity that ashley is so strong....

Aussie

Established Member
Started his Arsenal career very well. Still has a lot to learn though. Ronaldo belted him in the FA Cup Semi.

Cole still number 1 by far.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
another one of our uprising stars, he impressed me alot while covering for ash cole when he was injuryed last season.

One of my favourite youngesters but it is a pitty that we wont see that much of him because he is behind the best left back in the country.

pamilih

We now have two teams: one for CL and PL the other for FA and LC. Clichy definitely will be in the second. So no player should play more than 40 games a season.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom