• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Got to respect him for once!

vin de guerre

"Can I just stop you there," Neville said. "It had nothing to do with the manager tonight. How can you even mention the manager?

"We are two-nil up after 70 minutes of playing well in an international football match. How can you mention the manager? Now ask me a good question."

The questioner tried to explain. "What I'm doing...", he began. Neville interrupted him again, his face tight with scorn. "I know what you're doing," he said. "But why are you asking questions of the manager?

"Ask questions of the players. Blame it on the players. We were the ones who got ourselves in a good position and we should have brought the victory home.

"That's down to us. It's nothing to do with the manager, the coach, the physio, the masseur or the kit-man. It's down to us. The players on the pitch.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sport...143&headline=blame-the-players-name_page.html

He may well be a real wally and also play for Manure but he does put his hand up when he should! Neville is quite right! When will the Englsh stop Sven bashing and get on with supporting their team on the road to WC2006?

jeromelee

Do you actually know someone who blames Sven personnally? I dunno. Frankly, I don't know anyone who actually blames Sven. Seems to me that everyone I know is blaming the whole team and James in particular. Also that substitution blunder of Gerrard also played a small part.

Aussie

Established Member
Sven is ****e boring manager and its his fault you lost.

Cause anyone who has half a brain wouldnt have picked that muppet James as your keeper.

vin de guerre

I have to admit I did nt see the game since I dont particularly follow England or even any national side particularly.

jeromelee

Aussie said:
Sven is s***e boring manager and its his fault you lost.

Cause anyone who has half a brain wouldnt have picked that muppet James as your keeper.

Who else is there? Taylor? Inexperienced. Kirkland? Inexperienced. Only other keeper possible is Robinson I feel. But Sven has a thing against playing someone new eventhough the regular is having his off day. Just look at beckham. Have been playing badly internationally for many games and yet sven insist on playing him. Or the neville monkeys. What he wants to build is a team. Team of players that have been playing together long enough to know exactly where everyone else is.

Maybe you could say sven's at fault. But I think its individual mistakes which you never know will happen. Even seaman made stupid mistakes every now and then. Like the goal by Ronaldinho in the WC. Seaman was just off his line by way too much.

But I also feel that King and Terry don't make a strong enough pair compared to Sol and Rio. Maybe with those two back from injury and suspensions respectively, they'd more better communication at the back.

I think Sven's doing an okay job. Has only lost a few games since taking over the england helm.

Aussie

Established Member
He was ****e during Euro.

Yes he is doing an OKAY job.

I suppose thats good enough for the english though :wink:

beanz

Aussie said:
He was s***e during Euro.

Yes he is doing an OKAY job.

I suppose thats good enough for the english though :wink:
You've got it in one Aussie, that's what the English aspire to "being o.k." :p

gash

The most talented English squad there has been for years and the best he's achieved with them is mediochre.

His style of play is crap, England are obviously a good attacking team capable of scoring goals against any team. Everytime they get a lead though he makes them sit back in the second half trying to preserve the lead which allows the opposition back into the game. How many games have England lost or drawn after having taking the lead first?

At least Heskey's out, next Beckham and James untill they deserve their place again. That aside, I just don't think he's got what it takes to get the English lads up. They just don't seem to get riled up and get out there and give it some blood and guts when required.

I reckon Cole should be the skipper and get Bruce in as the manager.

Adam

Established Member
The best players have picked themselves, but not the best team. It is now time to introduce attacking midfielders with ability.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
TBH the England team isn't what the media make out. I feel that the team is not good enough to compete on a regular level with other national team. You can give me stick, but how do you expect to play with absolutely no left midfielder, a mediocre right back. Not to mention the right midfielder and captain giving **** performances for three years. The same can be said about the attacking midfielder Scholes, but he retired. And also a 'keeper who can't even pick up a ball off the floor without it slipping into the net.

Arnie

sven is ****e, however when i first saw neville talk for itv during the world cup, i never called him ****e again!!

That guy has steal, he speaks his mind, he's experienced, and has great communication on and off the pitch. He should be captain, not those pansies becks and owen!!

kNiteMare

*Loyan* said:
TBH the England team isn't what the media make out. I feel that the team is not good enough to compete on a regular level with other national team. You can give me stick, but how do you expect to play with absolutely no left midfielder, a mediocre right back. Not to mention the right midfielder and captain giving s**t performances for three years. The same can be said about the attacking midfielder Scholes, but he retired. And also a 'keeper who can't even pick up a ball off the floor without it slipping into the net.

For all the position missing, there are good young players waiting in the wing, just that Sven is too scared to play them.

Mark

Established Member
Sven is a poor manager but this result was the players' fault, it has to be said.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
kNiteMare said:
*Loyan* said:
TBH the England team isn't what the media make out. I feel that the team is not good enough to compete on a regular level with other national team. You can give me stick, but how do you expect to play with absolutely no left midfielder, a mediocre right back. Not to mention the right midfielder and captain giving s**t performances for three years. The same can be said about the attacking midfielder Scholes, but he retired. And also a 'keeper who can't even pick up a ball off the floor without it slipping into the net.

For all the position missing, there are good young players waiting in the wing, just that Sven is too scared to play them.
You got that right.

you have to feel so for sven in that he's hardly done a bad job. 2 quarter finals in 2 tournaments is not the stuff of nightmares..

the problem is that people in england expect us to be the best...let's face it our history hardly shows that we are that great a side... we are good but not great and always have been

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hard to admit but true. We cling on to 1966 as if it will happen every year.

Mark

Established Member
England are not that great a side and the country does perhaps expect a bit too much of them, but with the right manager (whoever that may be) I think they could actually win something. Look at what that guy's name I can't spell did for Greece in Euro 2004. It wasn't pretty football or anything but they won the bloody thing. If they can get someone to bring that out of the England team they could really do well. They have better players than Greece too, so that always helps.

Mark

Established Member
That's the guy. Genius. The big names need to be dropped. Give the young guys, the guys with something to prove, a chance to prove themselves. It would be better than playing people like Becks and Owen who think they don't have to prove themselves because they're Becks and Owen and they play for Real Madrid and all that rubbish. Get Wright Phillips and Defoe in that side. They may be young, but they're very talented and will be more determined than the big names who just don't seem to have the motivation anymore.

Top Bottom