• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pennant & Bentley...

Sigun

...in the U21England squad to play Poland tonight

lets hope they do well...you can catch the game on Skyports 5:30pm

Sigun

dont think his in the squad......but Pennnat and Bentley both start.

Pennant is the teams most experenced player boasting 27 caps.

jester

Established Member
wheres bentley gonna play? he usually plays on the right for u-21s, but thats pennants now...

kronik

Bentley will play up front with Carlton Cole.

Hoytes in the squad but not starting because Glen Johnson is back with the Under 21's.

patrick42uk

Established Member
good to see bentley upfront. its probably his preferred position and it will be interesting to contrast his performance there with those i'v seen of him on the wings. its quite a strong england line up and similar in a way to arsenal in shape (but not quality obviously). bentley will sit deep providing for runners in the shape of jp, cole and milner. milner is impressive for the u-21s although like pennant he finds it hard to replicate his performances there in the premiership.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I thought Milner did well in the match I saw of him vs Norwich. Looked like a good prospect.

Mark

Established Member
Bentley and Carlton Cole looks a great partnership for the future. The U-21s are rather impressive. Hope the gooners do well. Will Hoyte be playing?

kanuuu

Established Member
Pennant always looks class at U-21 level and i expect he will tonight, i just hope he can carry that over to Arsenal.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mark said:
Bentley and Carlton Cole looks a great partnership for the future. The U-21s are rather impressive. Hope the gooners do well. Will Hoyte be playing?
Not likely, what with Glen Johnson in the team.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Possibly. But I think he has a better chance of making the senior squad by playing at RB, and making that position his at Highbury. There will then be no way Johnson can be ahead of him.

Mark

Established Member
I think Wenger wants him to become a CB. Surely he is better than either of the two U-21 CBs. I don't know this for certain though, could someone tell me who they are?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think so. I think he's playing there ATM because Senderos is not back to full fitness. When he does I fully expect him to be ahead of Hoyte, and as a result see Hoyte becoming our backup RB again.ATM we are not risking Senderos as we don't wamt him injured again. It's unlikely that he'll be in the reserves after that with him and Cygan being our backup CB'swith Hoyte moving back to his RB place.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Davenport and Ferdinand were playing at CB, Ferdinand got injured early on and was replaced by Kilgallon. Hoyte replaced Baines at LB with 10 mins to go.

Pennant was excellent for the last 20 mins when some space opened up and he got a lot more of the ball, up to then he was anonymous. Bentley never got into the game and was taken off after 60 mins. He got an assist though and Pennant won a penalty.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom