• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Terry Butcher: "Becks isn't worth England place"

Arnie

he can talk, he never deserved to be in the england team either!!

Steve bruce was miles better but he didn't play for robsons beloved ipswich!!!
I don't care how much blood he shed per game, his quality was limited to put it nicely, in other words he was crap!!

As for becks, he shouldn't be captain but he still has enough quality to be in the side. against ukraine he was our best player!!

A.M.A.G.

Only thing I remember about Butcher, is his named being called as Maradona skipped by countless English victims/players to score what turned out to be a wonder goal... :mrgreen:

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He hasn't played well enough to justify his place in the team since Greece for me.

Canuck

Established Member
Good point...who would replace him and still be able to have an influence on the game like Ol' Golden Balls.
Becks might not be playing a full 90 min of excellent football but he still has the ability to inspire the team and turn himself on at any time to stamp his mark on the game. I don't care if he's invisible for most of the match as long as he pops up and puts a free kick in or sets up the winning goal.

Serip

jeromelee said:
Okay lets say we replace Becks. Who's gonna be better than him on the right?
SWP.

Beckham is too inconsistent, sometimes he will put in a truly inspired performance but most of the time he's either half decent or completely absent. I also think he is a joke of a captain and made a complete **** of himself during euro 04.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i agree that by in large, Becks has not played as well as he can for England... but i wouldnt say that Greece was his last good match..... in fact, i think the friendly v. Ukraine he played decent enough....

jeromelee

Serip said:
jeromelee said:
Okay lets say we replace Becks. Who's gonna be better than him on the right?
SWP.

Beckham is too inconsistent, sometimes he will put in a truly inspired performance but most of the time he's either half decent or completely absent. I also think he is a joke of a captain and made a complete **** of himself during euro 04.

Quite true. Quite true. And I think SWP's will indeed perform better than Becky.

A

Anonymous

Becks doesnt do **** all for entire matches. When things are going wrong he hides away on the touchline and doesnt even look for the ball. Hes a ***** and has no heart. He doesnt deserve to have those three lions on his heart. wrighty phillips would give his all.

SuperBob

Pennant anyone? :)
Becks most over rated player in the history of this sport.. he's a good player but not what people make him out to be.
Sven wont drop Becks anyway. SWP and Pennant will fight for the right midfield spot after 06 in Germany :)

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
theguvnor said:
Becks doesnt do f**k all for entire matches. When things are going wrong he hides away on the touchline and doesnt even look for the ball. Hes a ***** and has no heart. He doesnt deserve to have those three lions on his heart. wrighty phillips would give his all.
I disagree partly with that. I elieve Beckham realy and truely does love England, but ATM he is in a comfort zone. Have someone take his place for a few games and see how he performs after he comes back. He sure as hell won't take his place seroiusly. Against Greece and during the qualifiers for the last WC he played his socks off as he was made captain and still had quite a bit to prove to England fans. Since then he feels he is Englands best ever player. No IMO he needs to prove himself again.

Top Bottom