• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal trivia quiz

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Easy or difficult?

Let's see...

What was Bertie Mee's job prior to being appointed club manager following the sacking of Billy Wright?

Who scored the last minute penalty to level the FA Cup semi final of 1971 against Stoke City?

Which club did Arsenal sell Frank McLintock to?

How much was Malcolm MacDonald signed for in 1976?

Who did Arsenal swap for record signing Clive Allen in 1983?

What shirt number did Ian Wright wear on his Arsenal debut?

Who was the first player signed under Arsène Wenger's management?

Who was the first player to score at Old Trafford in the Premiership?

Who were the first team to defeat Arsenal away from home in 2003?

Arsenal's record attendance is in excess of 73,000. Who were the visitors?

Soler

Established Member
Haven't got the time to do the others so I'll do these ones which require no thinking :p

OneteaminLondon said:

QPR.

Sunderland.

Allyboy

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:
Easy or difficult?

Let's see...

What was Bertie Mee's job prior to being appointed club manager following the sacking of Billy Wright?

Who scored the last minute penalty to level the FA Cup semi final of 1971 against Stoke City?

How much was Malcolm MacDonald signed for in 1976?

Who did Arsenal swap for record signing Clive Allen in 1983?

What shirt number did Ian Wright wear on his Arsenal debut?

Who was the first player signed under Arsène Wenger's management?

Who was the first player to score at Old Trafford in the Premiership?

Who were the first team to defeat Arsenal away from home in 2003?

1. Physio

2. I can picture the penalty in my head but can't remember who took it. Peter Storey?

3. QPR

4. £333,333.33

5. Kenny Sansom

6. 11?

7. Remi Garde

8. Overmars la la la

9. If you mean Arsenal were playing away from home it was Blackburn, if you mean the opposition were the away team it was Leeds.

10. Sunderland

Thats all I know off the top of my head!

Soler

Established Member
Going with 1971 ...

Q: Who scored the championship winning goal at White Hart Lane in 1971?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Allyboy said:
1. Physio

2. I can picture the penalty in my head but can't remember who took it. Peter Storey?

3. QPR

4. £333,333.33

5. Kenny Sansom

6. 11?

7. Remi Garde

8. Overmars la la la

9. If you mean Arsenal were playing away from home it was Blackburn, if you mean the opposition were the away team it was Leeds.

10. Sunderland

Thats all I know off the top of my head!

Impressive, though your answer to question 6 is wrong as is 7 (a trick question) as Wenger was not actually under contract to Arsenal at the time Remi signed for the club.

And I meant we were the away team so you were right. I guess I should have worded that question better cos Blackburn were the only team to beat us whilst we were away in 2003!

Arnie

err i got 2 towards the end, most of those i didn't get.

do you guys mean clive allen the Sp**s legend?? his son goes to my school, never mentioned arsenal. always goes on about he's dad missin an overhead kick in he's last game to notch up 50 goals!!

MAK

Arnie said:
err i got 2 towards the end, most of those i didn't get.

do you guys mean clive allen the Sp**s legend?? his son goes to my school, never mentioned arsenal. always goes on about he's dad missin an overhead kick in he's last game to notch up 50 goals!!
We signed Clive Allen for GBP1.25 in the summer of 1980 from QPR and sold him to Crystal Palace a month later along with keeper Paul Barron. Kenny Sansom came the other way. Allen never featured in the 1st team, only a couple of friendlies. Remains one of the most bizzare deals in the history of Arsenal.

The answer to the question about AW first signing is Matthew Upson.

Latest posts

Top Bottom