• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

arsenal reserves

jester

Established Member
they play west ham tonight at dagenham and redbridge.
its just round the corner from me, but does anyone know how much it is to get in?
usually at barnet it is nothing, but dagenham and redbridge may want profits.

jester

Established Member
i went. 5-0 to us.
quincy scored and played well. he missed a penalty, it was re-taken and he missed again!
lupoli scored, but to be fair it was a tap in, after a tackle on quincy.
simek scored a header.
cant remember the rest.
flamini played alright, he's great in the air.
west ham had a man sent off, and so should arsenal.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great to see our youngsters getting off to a fantastic start - alot of them players will be pushing for a first team place this season. Flamini, Almunia, and Hoyte will all be looking to make a good impression this season.

jester

Established Member
hoyte played well - got up the pitch alot. He was frustrated alot because he continued his runs, but wasnt spotted.
Djourou played ok, nothing special. If i remember correctly he was subbed late on.
Simek played really well for me in defence.

anyone know where senderos is?

Jinn

Established Member
Yes, he's captaining the Swiss U21's I think.

So Hoyte played at right back?

Matt

Where is Skulason? He never plays with the reserves and I don't think he's loaned out ? Is he injured maybe ?

Arjan

Ah, good to see quincy hasn't lost his Dutch penalty taking skills......... :wink:

what's his age, BTW?

Jinn

Established Member
Philippe Senderos and Johannes Djourou were in the Switzerland Under-21 squad which beat the Republic of Ireland 4-2 in Berne on Tuesday night. Lichsteiner gave the Swiss an early lead and Margairaz struck twice to put the hosts in command. Elliott pulled a goal back for the Irish but McCarthy's own goal extinguished any hope of a comeback before a late consolation from McGeady.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?arti ... nd+victory

kin4ever

Jinn said:
Philippe Senderos and Johannes Djourou were in the Switzerland Under-21 squad which beat the Republic of Ireland 4-2 in Berne on Tuesday night. Lichsteiner gave the Swiss an early lead and Margairaz struck twice to put the hosts in command. Elliott pulled a goal back for the Irish but McCarthy's own goal extinguished any hope of a comeback before a late consolation from McGeady.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?arti ... nd+victory

That's it! So, if Djourou is back? Same for Senderos! The reason why he wasn't in the squad of reserve? Is probably because he needs to recover his strength for the Fulham match!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't think so. He is being rested until he becomes fully fit for us. AW doens't want to risk putting the pressure of playing to many matches on him. He might get another long term injury if not.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jinn said:
Yes, he's captaining the Swiss U21's I think.

So Hoyte played at right back?
That's what I assumed all along. That he was playimg CB all this time as cover for the as of yet not fully fit Senderos. I believe that when Senderos is back we will see Hoyte back at RB and Senderos becoming fourth choice CB with him gradually overtaking Cygan as Sol and Kolo's deputy.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom