• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which Brazilian would you rather have?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 1,917
A

Anonymous

well after watching all that you have of Kleberson and Gilberto can you people give me an honest and unbiased opinion on who would you rather have in your team..?

IW8

Gilberto:

1:unlike a lot of people I don't think he's given the credit he often deserves.
2:AW rates him (otherwise he wouldn't be in the team week after week)
3:pV4 likes him (great for team morale)
4:I haven't seen enough of the other fella playing (in the Premiership) to pick him over Gilberto. In fact I don't even know his playing position for Man U.

PS: There is also NO WAY I would vote for a Man U player over an AFC player on an AFC board :lol:

JazzG

Established Member
I've only seen Kleberson once or twice so it is way too early to make a judgement on him. Gilberto was damn impressive when he first played for us as well :)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
JazzG said:
I've only seen Kleberson once or twice so it is way too early to make a judgement on him. Gilberto was damn impressive when he first played for us as well :)

A lot of pundits were saying that he was the best buy last season.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Kleberson is nothing special at all.

I find it hilarious when the Surrey contingent come in heaping praise on these manure players after one decent performance.

Ronaldo is another example. He also had a good game against Everton; his first in maybe 7 or 8. Suddenly he's the next big thing again. In truth any half decent team can take his game apart.

Stim

Gilberto, but they are two different players really. Kleberson is an attack minded player, Gilberto the opposite. It is quite even between them.

Although i'd rather have Edu than both of them.

AFCG7

Established Member
I'd rather have Gilberto.. Kleberson will never make the Arsenal team and he wont make the Brazil team either because the kind of position he is suited for doesnt have any vacancies in either team.
Gilberto plays the anchor role for both Arsenal and Brazil, Kleberson cant defend as well as he can ..he is more of a playmaker and in that sense he cant get in ahead of Freddie or Pires if he were at our club.
Likewise he hasnt a chance of getting in the Brazil squad ahead of Kaka Juninho Rivaldo Ronaldinho Alex etc.
I think he's a good enough player to play Premiership level football but i'd rather have Gilberto than him because he cant offer anything at all to Arsenal. In any case , if he were better from a neutral point of view he would be making the Brazil squad ahead of Gilberto.. Carlos Alberto Pareira has said that after Ronaldo , Gilberto Silva is the very next name on his squad list.

nnn

Kleberson looks a good player, but has only really shone in about 3-4 of the games this season, all against fairly average teams. In 2 years teim when he has been big in games against the top teams in Europe you can make a judgement.

I don't like Gilberto, and I regard Edu as much better, but he has scored 4 goals already in the Premiership, and if he gets 8-10 then it will have bee a good season for him.

Andrew

I would take Gilberto at his best. But there is no doubt Kleberson is more of a Brazilian player. He has the flair, the shots, the celebration etc. But (and I've seen him play several times) he does not seem to do much when defending. Put Kleberson alongside a defensive player and you'll be right. Put Gilberto alongside an attacking player and you'll also be right. No wonder they both are regulars in the national team.

Top Bottom