• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FFF

Gooner_Milton

Looks like the French team are missing the likes of Zidane, Desaily etc. already, what with their lacklustre display against Faroe Isle.

PV will obviously be the midfield engine but to be honest I have doubts about his playmaking abilities. Patrick is a great at box to box play but to expect him to take over Zidane's playmaking role is a bit too much. In my opinion, France will remain a spent football power until Domenech can dig up a new Zidane.

Pires might be the answer but he's more of a winger than a attacking CM if you ask me. Henry might fit the role but he's better off scoring than creating. I've heard a lot about this fellow by the name of Mourad Meghni. Supposedly the new Zidane due to the way he plays and his background (Algerian too), anybody know anything about him? Don't know as much as I would like about French football to really give an indepth analysis.

You wanna tackle this Brianfrance? 8)

Comments?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Micoud could fill Zidan's role, Guily could be put on the right, and Pires on the left. And keep Paddy as a predominant efensive midfielder who occasionally attacks to help out the play.

TIFANNY

Mourad Meghni is a good player! he plays at Bologne in calcio! he has a lot of quality but in my opinion he is still too young!!!
I don't know how the france could play.... but I hope Domenech will find the solution soon!!!

Gooner_Milton

I hope he does too.

I'm not a Frenchman but I enjoyed the way France played in the past. Hopefully they'll pick themselves up again and regain some of their lost glory. WC 2006 would be the perfect opportunity for the next 'Zidane' (whoever it may be) to stamp his authority on the pitch. Want Thierry to do well to. It's a shame his performance for the France is nowhere as fantastic as the way he plays for us. Of course I'll prefer it this way but one can wish for both I suppose.

TIFANNY

aH ok!
I ask you it because where I live ( in the south of FRANCE) people think nobody like frenh soccer apart us!!! and I was curious!
me too I hope France will play again at their best level. But it will be hard... Even if it's the beginnig their matches are borind and they don't play well... I hope it will change!

Gooner_Milton

Ah ok. Brianfrance lives in the North of France I believe. Quite a few French people in this forum.

Well I'm a fan of football and I enjoy watching good football no matter which country is playing. France in 1998 was simply fantastic. Zidane was at his peak and you had players like Deschamp, Thuram, Dugarry, Petit etc. That was France's golden generation if you ask me.

TIFANNY

yes we were very lucky to have this generation!! but I think that the team in 2000 was even better!!!
nice to see that foreign people like our footballl!!!

Gooner_Milton

You're welcome. :wink:

I like the way the Dutch play too but they've gone downhill a lot lately.

And of course everybody loves Brazil.

TIFANNY

yes I love Brazil's football!!!
but when Thierry Henry came at Arsenal, I discovered english football!!! and I love it!!! it's one of my favourite!!! it always happen something and never boring games !!! I love!!!!
And in Canada? hox they play football? I'm sorry but I don't know a lot your country!! Canada is the best in ice hockey no?

Canuck

Established Member
I've always been an England supporter but I enjoy watching Netherlands, France, Spain play as well. I prefer european football to south america but on the national side I prefer Brazil over Argentina. We do have football (soccer) Called the "A League" which isn't that great, it's more of a developmental league. Lots of players go to MLS in the US or to small european leagues.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aren't you from Canada. Of all the countries you could choose to support, why England?

Canuck

Established Member
Because i've told you in another thread, my Dad's a landed immigrant from England and I hold a dual passport. If I was a little better at Football in college I maybe could have pulled a Hargreaves and played for the England... :mrgreen:

I love Canada, but let's face it we don't do very well nationally at football. I cheer for England in the Euro champships, and W.C. (though Canada has qualified for world cup a couple of times. We didn't win any matches though. :( )

brianfrance

Established Member
Gooner_Milton said:
Looks like the French team are missing the likes of Zidane, Desaily etc. already, what with their lacklustre display against Faroe Isle.

PV will obviously be the midfield engine but to be honest I have doubts about his playmaking abilities. Patrick is a great at box to box play but to expect him to take over Zidane's playmaking role is a bit too much. In my opinion, France will remain a spent football power until Domenech can dig up a new Zidane.

Pires might be the answer but he's more of a winger than a attacking CM if you ask me. Henry might fit the role but he's better off scoring than creating. I've heard a lot about this fellow by the name of Mourad Meghni. Supposedly the new Zidane due to the way he plays and his background (Algerian too), anybody know anything about him? Don't know as much as I would like about French football to really give an indepth analysis.

You wanna tackle this Brianfrance? 8)

Comments?

You're right Milton; But I don't think Meghni is the solution. As loyan said said, Micoud can be. Maybe Dhorasoo can, but he has to be on the XI of Milan AC, which I really doubt!

If ask me, the golden generation was on 98, but the new one is coming for the euro 2008.

Let's go, somes positive words : now the France captain is Viera, the 2nd captain is Henry and the third is bobby! All three had it yesterday. Good!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Are you sure. That's actually funny. France have a very good U17 and U21 side, and quite a lot of them will make the step up IMO.

Biggus

Established Member
Hey Canuck Its great having a multicultural background ain't it?
I was born in Ireland live in Australia and have a french wife so I have family in three countries and can support three international teams... 8) too bad that the Socceroos suck as bad as Canada :lol:

n_henry

Yeah, it's quite puzzling why Thierry's form for his country is no where near as good as it is for us. :shock:

Not that I'm complaining, though. ;)

I just hope now that Zidane has retired, he can be much more creative and free (for some reason, he never really clicked with Zidane...), though I don't see him having the sort of impact that Ronaldo, for instance, has for Brazil...
If/when France qualify for WC06, this new-look team will have had time to settle in, and hopefully then Titi can really prove his worth on the BIGGEST stage of all.

As for the Socceroos.. I support France (coz of Titi and the Arsenal connection) because us Aussies are... :cry:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom