• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancini... definitely Arsenal material

A.M.A.G.

I swear to you people... if anyone thinks our right side is a problem... which it isn't necessarily... from the look of the look of boy, that Brazilian kid Mancini would do awesome for us. For instance, he's listed on UEFA.com as being a midfielder... but I know for a fact much of last season he was playing RB for Roma. He's awesome going forward... to be honest, I really can't remember how he did defending :wink: ... because most of the time he was being chased by defenders and midfielders 8). My point being... in Mancini is someone that can slot in for both Ljungberg and Lauren... how wicked would that be. He's relatively young too...24... but he's a starter for Roma... can't imagine then letting him go too cheaply ... and more importantly if Wenger would be interested.

Gooner_Milton

Roma isn't exactly AC Milan when it comes to finances mind you.

If Wenger is interested and wags the money, I'm sure they'll sell. The big question of course is is he?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is good going forward. I actually thought he was Cafu when I first saw him and was suprised as they sold him before then. Point being is that from what I have heard he is not much of a "defender" defender.

Mark

Established Member
I think he can actually play upfront as well, but is generally a wing back kind of player. He'd be better for us in midfield I think. He could of course drop back occasionally to allow Lauren to get forward as he has the experience of playing in defence. Would be a good buy.

AFCG7

Established Member
He isnt a capable defender.. why would we replace Lauren with someone equally unreliable?

jeromelee

Ahhh Mancini. Absolutely wonderful player. Really think he'd be one of the best acquisitions of AW if he did indeed come over to Arsenal. Fantastic player.

Another fantastic defender to watch out for is Quaresma.

SuperBob

defender Quarasma :shock:
Quaresma is class have any of you guys seen him for Porto this season? he's on fire.

AFCG7

Established Member
Quaresma made his name as a right winger.. but he can play as a central attacking midfielder too. When he was at Barca i was wishing that we would sign him as part of Gio's deal.. maybe a swap.. our right side woul have been on fire if he joined.
I think he's better than fake ROnaldo too... unfortunately he was loaned out to Porto for a season , maybe we can try for him next year.
One thing he is not : a defender or defesive type player.. there is no way he would play RB

dsurg

AFCG7 said:
He isnt a capable defender.. why would we replace Lauren with someone equally unreliable?

Lauren is unreliable!!!

Yet AW sticks with him

Yet he was voted in the team of the season last time around

Yet he was a core member of the defence that went undefeated last season and was the best in the league

Stop bashing our players!!!!!

Its fair enof to say we need backup and competition but not fair to use the word "unreliable" He's been playing for a while in that position and we still havent lost yet so I dont think that is a fair word to use

Mark

Established Member
I'd love us to sign Quaresma. He'd give us something more on the right and could also fill in upfront if necessary. A great prospect and has the potential to be better than C Ronaldo.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wasn't he sold to Porto as part of the Deco deal. TBH even if it was a loan I don't think he has a future there as they have too many attacking talents at Barca.

Mark

Established Member
Which is why we may have a good chance of signing him. I'd love if we tried.

Latest posts

Top Bottom