• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Whos the biggest club-Arsenal or Chelsea?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 2,228
A

Anonymous

Chelseas first CL game last season, 31,000 crowd, says it all really.

Biggus

Established Member
No brainer
Bigger club = Great history and trophies
Liverpool bigger than us
Us bigger than ****
Almost everyone bigger than Chel$ki

Canuck

Established Member
Cheski are the new kids on the block, they've got the tools now to play with the big boys and if they can keep it up they will eventually be successful, but right now we have the championship, we have the history, we have the best players, we have the best fans. Verdict: Arsenal > Chelsea

memyself

Obviously us. We're steeped in history, they steeped in ****, we're covered in glory, they're covered in . . . ****, again. The thing is, they have the potential to either be a major force, or a major irritant, in as they pop up now and again to be an occasional thorn in our side. The major difference is that they buy superstars and hope for the best, while we create superstars and are the best. Now, whose goona give me money?

fuzz

The first thing you have to look at is fan base. Arsenal simply have a larger one. Like a previous post said you can more easily get your hands on a chelski season ticket compared to an arsenal one. Also consider this.....at chelski match aainst southampton at stamfordbridge there were 1000 seats empty. Now compare that to arsenal epl matches where every game is sold of (epl matches). Ok we have 3000 seats less than them, but then i would efer back to the season ticket argument that clearly indicates we would easily fill the 42,000 capaciy stamfordbridge has.

Secondly you have to look at success. Simply put, we have had success and they haven't (comparitively anyway). Domestically we along with Liverpool and ManU are the most successful clubs. consistantly we are challenging for the title.

Thirdly international recognition. We have players and a manager who are in the top 10 in the world playing for us and who continue to play for us. This despite financially lagging behind much more financialy powerful rivals. That shows players have respect for the club and not just the money, unlike some clubs *cough* chelski *cough*. So the fact so many of our players and management are wanted by other clubs we are still able to hang on to them.

Also we are members of the G14 group, which is another indication of our size.

I however will agree with anyone who says we need to win the champions league to really cement our selfs in history, but again i think everyone in europe knows we are a force waiting to explode in europe and that's why we are always one of the favourites. Sadly i thought ast years was our year, but you know........

As for chelsea, well i'm fearful. I'm fearful abramovich will stick around for a long time yet. Firstly i don't see how he can easily get rid of the club since he own it all. Secondly he appointed kenyon, which seems to indicate to me he wants to make chelsea a multimillion pound business. Thirdly he (roman) has said he wants to sell his oil company and he has also moved to england because of the danger in russia to his money. Fourthly his son has said it was the best thing he has ever done so perhaps roman may pass it on to his son later on. Fifthly the major spending has alsmost now stopped atleast to the extent of this and last season. Chelski now have a squad and will only probably make a normal amount of signing every sumer like everyone else. Ofcourse though they can always buy anyone for any price as it doesn 't matter, but abrmaovich probably earns more each year than he will spend in future easch at chelski.

In conclusion we are certainly bigger, but chelsea i think will be here to stay and that means we may be underthreat on a wholey uneven metaphorical playingfield.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nice evaluation mate. You are actually making me think he might stay after all (Roman that is). Stop it and let me think of the days that will go but when Chelsea and Abrahamovicless.

Top Bottom