• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best start to a season record

Mark

Established Member
I'm just curious as to what the record is for the best start to a league season now. Last season we broke the previous record which was 29, held by Liverpool originally I believe, and then we went on to finish the season unbeaten. Does not losing a game all season in all of the 38 games count as a start? Or is 37 the best start or what? If anyone knows, please let me know as I have absolutely no idea. Cheers.

Dr. Alban

I would imagine that they from now on will consider it as one record - at least until the Premiership some day may expand and it might be possible to go like 42 matches in a season undefeated. However, I can't really see that happening..

Mark

Established Member
Nah if anything the Prem season will become shorter than it is now.

I'm just curious as to whether they see the whole 38 games as a start, because it isn't really. The season ended, we couldn't continue the 'start' any further.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i believe that one entire season is as far as a "start of the season" can go... after that, it is just "unbeaten run" which is where we are now....

Ally

So in short, there now can be no 'start to the season' record?

We've abolished it, for want of a better word?

Sweet! ;D

Ally

What a fantastic question that was mate, haha, something that hadn't crossed me mind til now.

Quality stuff.

Ally

Arsenal FC - we don't only break records, we make them completely obsolete and make it technically impossible for a record that has been recognised for as long as Premiership football has be played, to continue! Haha!

See, this is what happens when Arsène manages your football club. :p

efurze

Well there could be a new "perfect" start to the season record. Seeing as we're already 4 for 4, does anyone know the longest a team has gone before dropping points?

Jinn

Established Member
Yeah you can still have a better start to the season. Like winning every game and then losing the last one.

Best start ≠ undefeated season.

kanuuu

Established Member
efurze said:
Well there could be a new "perfect" start to the season record. Seeing as we're already 4 for 4, does anyone know the longest a team has gone before dropping points?

Last season we went four games, but i dont have a clue if anybody has been further than that.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
like Jinn said, the only thing that can be done is more wins and no draws.... which is SO not likely to happen... so far, Chelski and us are 4-0-0.. lets see who flinches first....

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom