• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 11/09/04

patrick42uk

Established Member
hoyte played against huckerby who was quick and did nothing to stop him posing a threat. pace isnt an excuse to drop cygan. boa morte will be operating more on the left side so we could rectify the pace issue by placing kolo on the right side of defence. cole is the lone striker anyway and the pace threat will be directed at our full backs.

A

Anonymous

Id go for:

Jens

Ralph
Kolo
Cygan
Ash

Freddie
Gilberto
Vieira
Pires

Reyes
Henry

Alumnia
Hoyte
Edu
Dennis
Cesc

It is getting harder and harder to predict our team each week! How can you leave out Dennis?! One thing is clear from that though - we need Campbell back quick. Fulham have four or five nippy forwards which will cause Cygan problems.

gooner#1

koivu said:
Jinn said:
I'm worried about Radzinski. He always plays well against us.

He does indeed...I love when he does well but not at our expense.
Great post gooner.
i was gunner say da same thing as u 2..
my team:
Lehmann

Lauren Hoyte** Toure cole

Ljunberg Cesc Vieira Pires

Bergkamp Reyes*
*I decide to that Henry needed a rest , since he is playing through pain
**Give the youth some experience.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
This is going to be a very difficult game but I still think Wenger will rest Henry. Cole, Boa Morte and Radzinski has to be one of the paciest attacks in the league. Malbranque, Dioup and Jensen are all excellent midfielders and will definitely give our midfield a stern test.

This is the team I think Wenger will pick:

Lehmann

Lauren
Toure
Cygan
Cole

Pennant
Gilberto
Vieira
Pires

Bergkamp
Reyes

Arsenal316

This is going to be interesting to see how Wenger picks his line-up. He has to keep in mind the CL match on Tuesday. He won't want to burn out his whole team. I think you'll see some surprises for this match. So with that in mind:

Lehmann

Hoyte, Cygan, Toure, Clichy

Pennant, Flamini/Fabregas, Vieira, Pires

Bergkamp, Henry

Subs: Alumina, Lauren, Ljungberg, Edu, and Reyes.

Henry is playing hurt, and Pennant is more than adaquate to fill in for Ljungberg. I'm sure they'll be some starting 11 players rested, but this is my best guess as to the line-up. Either way, we won't lose. I can't see Fulham beating us, period. :p

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd go for

Lehmann
Lauren,Toure, Cygan, Cole
Pennant, Fabregas, Vieira, Pires
Bergkamp, Reyes

Subs: Almunia, Hoyte, Freddie, Edu, RvP

I'd like to see Henry get a complete rest and let our other guys handle this match, Pennant deserves a game and it will keep Freddie fresh, same with Fabregas and Gilberto.

I want RvP on the bench and come on at some point to boost his confidence after not even getting on the bench once.

Edu as well to get him to revert to our style of play slowly yet surely. Hoyte ahead of Senderos as he is more versatile and Senderos is still not yet fully fit.

Gilberto is not in the squad as he is guaranteed lots of matchs so he won't really mind and it will give the likes of RvP a confidence boost, and Edu some Arsenal match practice.

jeromelee

thegame24 said:
Fulham 1 - 3 Arsenal

Do you really think it's going to be such a high scoring match? We haven't really put that many past them in our previous encounters.

I think Van Der Sar would make a big difference. He's likely to thwart a lot of our goal bound shots.

Canuck

Established Member
Should be a pretty good match. They have a decent midfield, and some solid defenders too. It's all been said already in the preview article so I'll leave it at that. I'm sure we can still beat 'em though. I wonder who Wenger will rest after the internationals?

Unfortunately I don't think they're showing the match here, so I'll have to check in and see how things are going on-line while I'm watching... :roll: either Villa v. Chelsea or Bolton v. Mancs :roll: I believe the latter match is Palace v. Portsmouth, which might end up being the most exciting out of those 3.

lewdikris

Established Member
Lehmann

Ralph Toure Cygan Ash

Pennant Vieira Cesc Pires

Reyes Henry

Bench: Almunia, Hoyte, Silva, Dennis, Freddie/Van Persie

Save Freddie and Edu for PSV. Pennant should play in games like this - it's the right level for him at the moment, and enables the others to stay fresh. Dennis can come on for Pires second half and Reyes can drop back to the left.

Don't see this game being a significant problem. Fulham have a bad problem in central defence - and don't the boys just love that?!

arghhhh

My team :

Jens

lauren toure cygan cole

pennant gilberto vieira reyes

bergkamp henry

my prediction : 1 - 2

reyes and pires score , both come from henry's assists :mrgreen:

RobinVanPersie

I hope that RVP will be on the bench this time. I hope that he get a chance against Fulham.

The match will be hard because a saw Edwin van der Sar wednesday night against Czech Republic and he played fantastic. He was the man of the match. I don't think it will be a monsterscore but they will win it.

KingReyes

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Lehmann

Ralph Toure Cygan Ash

Pennant Vieira Cesc Pires

Reyes Henry

Bench: Almunia, Hoyte, Silva, Dennis, Freddie/Van Persie

Save Freddie and Edu for PSV. Pennant should play in games like this - it's the right level for him at the moment, and enables the others to stay fresh. Dennis can come on for Pires second half and Reyes can drop back to the left.

Don't see this game being a significant problem. Fulham have a bad problem in central defence - and don't the boys just love that?!

That looks like a good starting lineup and the one I would like to see. As Lewd mentioned these are good games for Pennant to play in and his form for England U 21's deserves a start. With Gilberto and Edu going back and forth from Brazil I'm hoping to see Cesc partner Vieira in midfield.

My only difference could be a fresh Bergy playing up front replacing either Reyes or TH14 whose playing through the pain barrier. Hope to see Van Persie play aswell.

We should win though, 2-0.

Latest posts

Top Bottom