• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aliadiere

lewdikris

Established Member
Gotta feel gutted for the kid. Some idiots round here were criticising him for getting injured, which is a bit like criticising someone for being hit by lightning - ie there's **** all you can do about it. He's a talented kid that Wenger's shown faith in - but he's been cursed by bad luck. Hopefully he'll be back fitter and stronger come the end of the season.

jeremiesgirl

So gutted for Ali. Was hopeful he would make a comeback beforr Christmas but he probably won't get to play again now all season :cry:

beanz

Bummer dude, I hope Ali comes back from this mentally strong enough to cope with all the disappointments life keeps throwing at him.

AFCG7

Established Member
Poor fella... he just cant seem to keep himself fit.. we know he has the talent.. he hasnt shown us much witht he limited chances he has had but imagine playing football with the fear of being injured everyime you step on the pitch.
He must be feeling awful right now.. maybe he can recover fully after taking the season off and get back into the flow somehow.. Wenger will have to decide if we keep him or not.. i think we will , its just a question of his mental state when he regains fitness.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
lewdikris said:
Gotta feel gutted for the kid. Some idiots round here were criticising him for getting injured, which is a bit like criticising someone for being hit by lightning - ie there's f**k all you can do about it. He's a talented kid that Wenger's shown faith in - but he's been cursed by bad luck. Hopefully he'll be back fitter and stronger come the end of the season.
Don't we all know who that is. Back to the point though. That is very sad on the poor fella. If I were him, while I am recovering from the injury I would have been to the gym regularly to build some upper body strength. That would keep him falling so easily, thusd preventing injuries.The fact of the matter uis that the boy has quality and AW has shown faith. We should show the same and not get on his back for getting injured.

Canuck

Established Member
Well he's injured again so he won't be getting much training in any time soon. Too bad indeed. I couldn't agree more that he has been horribly unlucky. The hernia that kept him out 2 seasons ago was such bad luck. I think that would have been a turning point for him if he could have played more.

Mark

Established Member
I feel sorry for him too. He must feel absolutely awful. I just don't see him recovering from this psychologically, not to mention his fitness. I'm not angry at him for getting injured, but to me it seems he isn't physically strong enough to make it here. Wenger rates him highly so he will perhaps get another chance, but I can't see much happening.

Jinn

Established Member
His legs are so bloody thin when you look at them. Compare them to Reyes and you'll see how a good player keeps himself upright.

Canuck

Established Member
I commend Reyes for the training work he's done in the off season. Luckily he didn't have to go to Euro so he had plenty of time to develop his physical presence, and it has totally paid off for him!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think Ali's career at Arsenal is done.. he may play a few matches next year to get his stock a little higher and then be sold... this is the 3rd year in a row he has been hurt for the majority of the season... if you look at it from a purely business standpoint, we have gotten NO return for our money on him... and we most likely never will.... i like the kid.. good skill and good potential, but potential is just that until you turn it into performances at the highest level, which he has not been able to do... its a different story from reserves & U21 to the big time...

as othes have pointed out, he is just too damn thin to NOT get hurt... he needs to put on about 20 pounds of muscle to be able to make it... and thus far, he hasnt been willing to do that.... and his knee just may be too knackered for him to have much of a career.... too bad really....

Sigun

oh well...its the dredded cruciate ligaments again, its happened to Pires, Van nisterooy and me :shock: I still have to train hard and wait till at least Febuary till I can play contact sport again.

Deep down inside we all know that Pires has never been the same since it happened to him, but is still a great player.

Van Nisterooy on the other hand has come back strong, maybe because his younger that Bobby, but if age has anything to go by then poor old Ali has some hope to cling onto.

AfC_li4nGht

So sad!!~

Wasted talent :cry:
Got to prove himself by next seasoN or his time is up
Though still young but he can't bide his time at Arsenal, Players like Bentley & RVP, lupoli have improve tremendously...
Time is running up~

Soler

Established Member
The sad thing with his situation is that if we ship him back to France he'll go on to be a 20 goal a season striker at Lens or whoever.

Top Bottom