• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

why does henry choke in big games?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 69
  • Views 5,793
A

Anonymous

Everyone on here and in the media regards thierry henry as 'the greatest striker on the palent'.However,i beleive that this is not true,as he has choked in all the big gmaes and tournments hes played in.In my opion hes the greatest striker in the premiership,and thats it.

Look at all the big games hes flopped in:

uefa cup final 2000 v galatasary
euro 2000 final v italy
CL quarter final 2001 v valencia
2001 fa cup final v liverpool
2002 world cup(all of it)
CL quarter final 2003 v valencia
CL quarter final 2004 v chelsea
Euro 2004 quarter final v greece

So looking at the above information i want to end this talk of greatest striker in the world once and for all.Unless henry grows some balls in these big matches,he will be forever the underacheiver.i Hope he proves me wrong,because he has the potential to be one of the greatest,but u got to prove it when it counts the most,which differntiates the good and the great...

Pel

Yea? So who's the greatest player in the world to your eyes?

I bet you're gonna say Kanoute *grumble*

Sonic Youth

we didn't play a cl quarter final in 2003 against valencia and i remember some great goals of him against man united and that goal in our 3-0 victory over Sp**s two years ago. he was the one who lifted us in the second half against liverpool last year, when we were on a down after defeats against man u and chelsea in fa cup en cl.
you can't score in every big match, cause if it would be easy to score it wouldn't be a big match and without henry we would't probably even make it to the big matches.
so stop talking bollocks. 'henry doesn't score in the big matches' is just bullshit made up by the media and jealous fans of other clubs.

jamesnoza

so what if he doesnt perform sometimes in the big matches we have enough quality all over the pitch make up for it, if henry is marked by 1 or 2 defenders to get him out of the game who is marking pires, reyes, bergkamp etc get my point?

beanz

reyesoflight said:
he will be forever the underacheiver..
Jeez, some people are really hard to please, you're beginning to sound like a grumpy Manc or a jealous spud.
If Titi is an underachiever, then your standards are the deluded rantings of an armchair critic, who would'nt recognise true genius if it came up and bit him in the arse. :mrgreen:

efurze

It's a good question I think. He definitely has had a tendency to underperform on the big stage. And it's not just a question of scoring goals, Sonic - he completely disappears sometimes, and we all know that he can influence a game in more ways than scoring.

I think one of the reasons is team tactics - as many people have said, Arsenal can be one-dimensional in attack. When good defenses are smart enough to stop the left-flank attack and sit on Henry, the team appears to lack ideas. Also he can be tempermental and personally I think he has a tendency to pout when he's not getting the ball where he wants it.

But now that Reyes has hit his stride the offense seems to be on a whole other planet - I think it's unlikely that even a top-level defense would be successful in shutting it down. Plus, Henry is continuing to get better. I think he's smart enough to learn how to alter his game when it's not working.

I still think he's the best striker in the world, except for possibly Ronaldinho. If he wants to be remembered, though, he needs to learn how to perform in the big games.

Spike

Established Member
So you're asking him to go out and play like the 'best striker in the world' week in week out?

Gunner4life09

In Big games Henry gets marked by 2 players sometimes even 3, but now that theres Reyes it will even things up. you'll see . . .

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
here we go again... how many threads have we had about this? and he hasnt even played bad this year yet.. just wait til he has an off game...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Soler

Established Member
efurze said:
It's a good question I think.

Well, I, and by the looks of the majority, don't. Whatever integrity this topic could have is stripped to the bone owing to it being more tired out and over-done it's surpassed an Alex Ferguson conference. Only Edu vs. Gilberto is worse than this.

tbbosa

reyesoflight said:
Everyone on here and in the media regards thierry henry as 'the greatest striker on the palent'.
Which part of the worlld is the palent?
If I didn't know that you are a bitter Chelscum fan...I would have argued with you, but unlike the other members on the forum, I know exactly who this **** is.
So just forget this looser guys!!!!

Jinn

Established Member
I think I know who he is too.

Only one person starts so many ****ing negative threads.

Soler

Established Member
You would expect negativity from me, Jinn :wink:. I told you all weeks ago who this idiot was. It's a shame he is that obsessed with this place he won't piss off despite being banned twenty times.

A

Anonymous

ronaldinho is the best player in the world.The best striker in the world is schevchenko.Theres not alot of difference between schevenchenko and henry,other than schevenchenko scores in the big matches(e.g cl final)

Im not a chelsea or man u fan,im an arsenal supporter,and im not that looser whos been baned 20 times.Im jus trying to make a point.Everyone is entiled to their own opinion.This is free speech and democracy country,so BOLLOCKS TO U!!

i already said henry is the best player in the premiership,so his performances against Sp**s man u doesnt validate ur point of him being best in the world.

ok,let me put this question differently,which non domestic match in the knockout stages has herny ever performed well for both france and arsenal?

Top Bottom