• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

why does henry choke in big games?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 69
  • Views 5,782

KingReyes

Established Member
When Arsenal fail in the CL, the first person that gets the blame is Henry. The expectations on his shoulders are much bigger than anybody elses because of what he is capable of doing when on form. The thing is Thierry has given us great performances in the CL he's won us games when we needed, Roma, Juve, Inter come to mind. Also his run in the 2000 Uefa cup was good, if that counts for something.

Just because Arsenal get knocked out doesn't mean Henry is a choker, if clubs like Real Madrid had your opinion ReyesofLight, then Real Madrid wouldn't track players like Henry,Vieira,Totti etc. These are all players that have been linked to big clubs but haven't won anything in the CL, does that mean they are chokers? IMO, I don't think so.

jeromelee

In big games he just gets shackled much more. And yet he still manages to play his teammates into goalscoring positions.

Too many times this has been mentioned.

kenada

No,honestly i think the term 'world class' is a term used too loosely.In my opinion there are only about a dozen truely 'world class' players in the world,the others fall into the catogery of 'international class'

World = International

Lol sorry just pointing out light hearted irony, this being a serious converstation and all :D

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

shevchenko is a great striker , Ronaldo is a great striker so is Van Diver. maybe as out an out strikers they have more instinct but I bet you they don't have nearly as many assists as henry

jasonlohkh

If henry is not a world class striker who do you (reyesolight) thinks is the best striker in the world?Shevchenko?Ronaldo?
Ronaldo does not score in every big match.If so Real Madrid should have won CL last year.And Ronlado does not perform in the later stage of La Liga. Should i say that Ronaldo choke at big games?
The same apply to Shevchenko.
Wat do u (reyesolight) mean by best striker in the world? And on wat basic do you think TH14 chokes at big games?

Henry IV

Every game is big. The most important game is the next one. Henry may not have scored in every crucial European match but it would be wrong to measure his contributions in goals alone since Henry provides so many assists. On the subject of Henry not 'doing it' in big games, just remember how relieved we all felt when he scored the hat-trick against Liverpool in April when all of us were wondering where the season was going. Was that a small game? Hardly. Don't forget his double in the San Siro when our ECL hopes were hanging by a thread. By the same token his hat-trick at Roma. Man Utd have been our biggest rivals recently, well Henry has scored seven goals against them in the 10 PL games since 1999/2000.

Mark

Established Member
Something that must be pointed out is that Henry has scored sh*tloads agains the mancs, whereas overrated c*nts like van Diverboy has scored just one against us, ever. Last season at Highbury, the horse had just one shot! And it came in the 90th minute or something.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mark said:
Something that must be pointed out is that Henry has scored sh*tloads agains the mancs, whereas overrated c*nts like van Diverboy has scored just one against us, ever. Last season at Highbury, the horse had just one shot! And it came in the 90th minute or something.
And he missed 2 penalties vs us.

Jinn

Established Member
ruud.jpg

You don't see Titi doing that.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not you as well. Everyone's changing allegiances now. If Henry chokes in big games, which he doesn't, then when does he play good. Vs the small teams? Is Inter, Juve, Roma, Leverkusen, PSV, Bayern Munich, Mallorca, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, etc all small games? If you say he plays bad in the big games, name me all the games he played bad. And even then he assists and creates room for other as the defenders are marking him. So what are they?

Chelsea in the CL (Whole team played badly)
Fa Cup vs Chelsea (IIRC he wasn't fully fit for the match)
FA Cup vs Southampton (He could have gone down for a penalty and scored but didn't. Also assisted Pires IIRC)
FA Cup vs Liverpool ( He could have scored twice had it not been for their keeper Henchoz)
UEFA CUP 2000 vs Galatasary (OK. Don't think that many of our players played well)
CL vs Deportivo home and away ( We were outplayed and never really got going)
CL vs Valencia (He scored our only goal)
CL vs Valencia in 2001 (He scored IIRC along with Parlour)
Away vs Valencia ( We defended most of the match and fell to one header)
Euro 2004 (So. Zidane didn't play well)
World Cup 2002 (He only played one match and in it he hit the bar and went near with a header)
Euro 2000 (Top scorer for France)
World Cup 98 (Top scorer for France)

pamilih

kenada said:
No,honestly i think the term 'world class' is a term used too loosely.In my opinion there are only about a dozen truely 'world class' players in the world,the others fall into the catogery of 'international class'

World = International

Lol sorry just pointing out light hearted irony, this being a serious converstation and all :D

I agree that a player should reach an international class first then world class.
After world class then galacticos.

Top Bottom