• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which of our players have peaked?

Lord Dula

Established Member
All us Arsenal-maniacs know about the potential in Reyes, Cesc, JP etc... but some of our players must be at their peaks or have peaked and will not improve anymore, so who are they?

Some will argue you never stop learning in football and I agree, but having said that although the mind is willing the body may in time not be able to cope.

I think Henry is almost at his peak.

Bergy has peaked but is still playing some scintilating stuff.

Freddie has peaked and wont improve much more.

Sol is at his peak, along with Patty V and Bobby Pires.

Your thoughts, if you will?

Anders Limpar

I disagree with most of your thoughts of which players have peak or not...

Bergy - you're right about him, but what a long peak it is!!

Henry - can improve in many areas while he still is an awesome player. One of the most deadliest players can become more deadly. Get somewhat frustrated in games sometimes and has a tendancy to want to do things his own way.

Freddie - according to him last season was his best ever. His passing abilities has improved from average to good and nowdays he can deliver crosses in the penelty area for Henry and the others to head home. He has improved his first touch and deliver the ball faster than before. And defensivly his improvements has meant a lot to Arsenal. I don't think we have seen the best of Freddie yet even if he doesn't score as often nowdays. And the pressure from Pennat will only make Freddie sharper...

Sol can still improve, gets sloppy with the ball sometimes, can get more direct. The same goes for Vieira, he looses the ball at unnecessary occassions sometimes.

Bobby - Who cares if he has peaked? Wenger knows how to get that man in form and when he plays that kind of football there is noone better on this planet at it. My only advice would be for pires to look at Bergy and try as hard as he does to prolong his career as long as possible!

A

Anonymous

Bobby - Who cares if he has peaked?
I dont think this thread is aimed at having a pop at our peaking players, think you should not take it so defensively.
I have to agree with him, sol, pires, freddie, vieira have all peaked or at their peak now. Freddies peak without a doubt was 2002, also pires, but then again pires was almost as good last year. But at their age i would say pires and sol are at their peaks and freddie is past his peak. Injuries havent helped him though.

Lord Dula

Established Member
The guvnor's right, I'm not trying to have a pop at these players. I'm just appreciating the fact that it will be a very hard task for these players to improve as ages catches up with them. Even if they don't improve, it's by no means detracting from the high level of their current play!

Mark

Established Member
If you mean players who can't get better than they are now, I would say Vieira, Edu and Pires.

quattro

nah... lehmann controlling his temper this season is a massive improvement from last season. if he keeps that up then he is just peaking.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dula said:
All us Arsenal-maniacs know about the potential in Reyes, Cesc, JP etc... but some of our players must be at their peaks or have peaked and will not improve anymore, so who are they?

Some will argue you never stop learning in football and I agree, but having said that although the mind is willing the body may in time not be able to cope.

I think Henry is almost at his peak.

Bergy has peaked but is still playing some scintilating stuff.

Freddie has peaked and wont improve much more.

Sol is at his peak, along with Patty V and Bobby Pires.

Your thoughts, if you will?
I agree with you there mate.

Senght

Vieira has peaked. Henry hasn't in my opinion. Pires has definitely peaked, as with Sol and Lauren in the defense. Gilberto did and Edu is going to, arguably in this few seasons.

beanz

Can any of you young scientists produce a graph, showing the "typical" improvement of a player against time?
It might be interesting, (though only subjective of course) to see how some of our players measure up to the average :mrgreen:

kNiteMare

Ummm, it's very hard to 'graph' performance on the pitch as it is a qualitative thing not quanitity. mark and Mad Jens probably listed everyone but i think Edu may still have some more in his sleeves.

Sammer

Established Member
Aussie said:
Jens passed his peak a few years ago.

If Jens peaked a few years ago....he must have been the worlds best keeper for years, because his performance in the EPL is - again - great, Aussie :D

That should cause an arguement.

jeromelee

theguvnor said:
Bobby - Who cares if he has peaked?
I dont think this thread is aimed at having a pop at our peaking players, think you should not take it so defensively.

I concur with this view as well.

Personally I think Freddie is peaking. I don't think he can improve his game much more. I think Pires is also peaking. Sol I feel still have many years to come.

There's no way Henry is peaking yet. I think he's still evolving as a player.

I'm afraid Paddy may have had his best games in the past already. His injuries really isn't helping his game.

Bergy definitely has peaked already. But he still plays some magical football once in a while.

I think the other players all still have a lot of contribute and learn.

Oh yah, Cygan peaked when he was 16.

Top Bottom