• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reyes ignites arsenal...?

kel varnsen

Established Member
that kid is unbelievable; he's so good on and off the ball. he is lightening fast, amazing ball control, he's a cool finisher and he is not afraid to get stuck in.

i think he is already a vital part of the team. his goal today was absolutely brilliant; he found some space and bergkamp played a lovely through ball. he can take on defenders, he can make those penetrating runs and he has the vision to set up others(kind of like bergkamp). i think he might be the answer to our problems in europe....

:wink:

huyha123

reyes is so opposite to Henry. direct much more direct.

he also so fast. sometimes i wonder who faster he or Henry.

about europe, surely he will help. from now on if team play defence. bring on Reyes. he will tear them apart.

A

Anonymous

huyha123 said:
reyes is so opposite to Henry. direct much more direct.

he also so fast. sometimes i wonder who faster he or Henry.

about europe, surely he will help. from now on if team play defence. bring on Reyes. he will tear them apart.

its funny how 2 ppl can see him so differently ...

reyes is exactly the same as henry lolol ur saying taking the ball from ur own half skinning 5 players n scoring isnt direct? lol henrys always running at defences :roll:

as for the speed, does it matter? lol they both play for us we dont need to care whos faster lol aslong as they can keep up with each other then its all good :twisted: no offence to reyes but i still think henry is better at ripping defences apart lol :roll:

kel varnsen

Established Member
i know now what helguera and zizou was talking about. it's pretty funny to see him tear defences apart...

kanuuu

Established Member
In past seasons it always seemed we relied on henry too much, when he didn't play well, we didn't win, simple as that, now when Henry has an off day(very rare) we have somebody else who can sigle-handedly win games.

jester

Established Member
i think he can help us in europe alot. presumably, he'll play in the away matches, and bergy in the home. But in europe before, when we couldnt break defences down, or weren't playing that good - we'd look at the bench and there'd be and average foward - kanu, aliadiere that couldnt change a mtch. Reyes can. He gives us another option when henry is markesd out of the game.

westo

It's still to be seen if they can play together when they are both upfront, when Reyes is on the wing its amazing but we need one of them to drop off. I wish Bergy was 7 years younger.

lee1001

Established Member
kanuuu said:
In past seasons it always seemed we relied on henry too much, when he didn't play well, we didn't win, simple as that, now when Henry has an off day(very rare) we have somebody else who can sigle-handedly win games.

That is so true, teams do mark Henry out of games, but now with Reyes being so lethal and fast, they have to abandon a man marking game and try and contain everyone, which with the attacking players we have is almost impossible.

malagar

lee1001 said:
kanuuu said:

That is so true, teams do mark Henry out of games, but now with Reyes being so lethal and fast, they have to abandon a man marking game and try and contain everyone, which with the attacking players we have is almost impossible.

Exactly so - you have hit the head of the nail there mate :)
I wanted to say the same thing but just couldnt find the right words to make myself clear

Canuck

Established Member
jester said:
i think he can help us in europe alot. presumably, he'll play in the away matches, and bergy in the home. But in europe before, when we couldnt break defences down, or weren't playing that good - we'd look at the bench and there'd be and average foward - kanu, aliadiere that couldnt change a mtch. Reyes can. He gives us another option when henry is markesd out of the game.

I def. agree with this. He'll be of great help in C.League, the strikers we had before would come on and not make any impact at all. Or rarely, while Reyes does have the ability to come off the bench and make an impact on the match. Plus good luck to any defence that tries to mark both T.H. and Reyes out of a match. it'll just expose them to the cutting runs of Cole, Pires, Freddie, Cesc...

A.M.A.G.

after todays game... all the majority of the plaudits really belongs to Freddie... no taking away from Reyes for Henry... but today Ljungberg's output was unbelievable.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's true. Ljungberg has had a very good match. Always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. It was inevitable he would score, and the only blemish on his part was not scoring the second. The defender had to embarrass himself and score and own goal, and robbed Freddie of a sure one.

I have been saying since the start of the season how impressed with Freddie and Lauren I've been. Freddie had only one average game this season and it was the one vs Boro IIRC. And even that was largely due to the fact that he wasn't fully fit as he had a large piece of his toe cut off.

With Lauren, his attacking play has improved dramatically, and with the exception of one game had a very good start to the season.

Reyes deserves his praise as he played really well, and will help us in our quest to win the CL, but to say that Henry is no longer needed as a result is OTT. He is the fulcrum of our attack and without him we wouldn't be in the position we are now. Without him we wuoldn't have won as much as we have, therefore meaning we wouldn't have been able to afford Reyes. And to end this once and for all Henry is faster than Reyes. In fact the only person I believe is faster than Henry at the club is possibly Clichy.

Also Fabregas seems to be coming of age and might well be the missing link we needed to unlocking the tightest defences in the CL with his incisive passing and the running power of Henry and co.

Gunner4life09

i think it's because Pires was having a poor game, probably tired from Internation duties. So thats why when Reyes came on it seemed there was more energy. But freddie and Reyes were sensational.

Latest posts

Top Bottom