• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reyes ignites arsenal...?

enigma

Jose is magnificent, absolutely magnificent. The answer to our missing-striker-in-Europe-because-Dennis-is-doesn't-travel problem.
I think playing him as striker is more affective, Bob is better on the wing imo.

Pires on-song would keep Jose away from the left wing, anyway. Pires on-song would keep anyone out of the team.

n_henry

I'm loving Reyes more and more :angel

When he and Henry cement their partnership.. :shock:

It did appear like the atmosphere changed somewhat when he came on.. but Pennant and Cesc came on too - maybe the team lifted a notch higher because the youngsters came on? As for Pires, he seemed to have a poor game..he does look tired at the moment. But he'll be right.

Reyes will certainly be one of the most (if not the most) important player in our attack for years to come. But for the moment, it's still Monsieur Henry. ;) It's great that with Reyes here, the pressure has been taken off Thierry considerably - esp to score goals.
No more "one man team" crap some (anti-Arsenal) people use to babble on about. ;)

weelip

IMHO, I feel that Fulham is constantly run ragged by Pires and Freddie and they are running out of steam at the point where Reyes came on. So the Fulham players simply directed more attention towards Reyes when he came on and neglected Henry, and Freddie who was just waiting for the opportunity to explode.

From then on, it is simply a case of snowball effect. Fulham probably intended to earn a quick equiliser. however, they are caught out instead by our counter attack. This explains why our attack appears more lively - simply because there are more room in the Fulham's defence to run about.

pamilih

Reyes and Cesc are courteous young lads. They know their place. Henry is leagues ahead of Reyes at this moment. Look how much Henry and Bergkamp have plenty of time to orchestrate intricate attacks when Reyes & Ljungberg are charging ahead.

The Arsenal game is much more beautiful now.

tbbosa

Reyes and Henry will be an effective partnership soon...the deadliest if you ask me. Pires is indeed the best player on the left wing, what we need is for Reyes to cement his partnership with Henry upfront as someone put it...and we are unstoppable!!

I don't see DB10 playing day in and day out...soon we will see both Reyes and Pires playing.

With RVP and Pennant also in the wings to have a go and prove themselves, Arsenal's future is bright!!

Taozhe

I agree with weelip about Fulham running out of steam in the end. They had to defend us for long periods of time, then got two controversial decisions going against them. When Reyes and other youngsters came on, they had no chance. However, having both Reyes and Henry will make us a harder team to mark out. You can't put two men on Henry and leave Reyes open. Let's pray both of them stay injury free.

AFCG7

Established Member
About Reyes being more direct, i dont think he is any more direct than Henry is.
The difference is that Henry looks more graceful and has more skill, but Reyes has quicker feet and looks more frenetic in his charing runs.
We are lucky to have both up front, and Bergkamp and Pires and Freddie(when he is on form).

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
TBH Freddie has been on form all season. Also he is a doubt for tomorrow with a slight back injury. AW hopes he will be fit though.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Fulham just ran out of steam..and that was to be expected..cos they were on us for a loong period of time. I was just hoping the score will still be 0-0..once they tire. Reyes did a good job..but i think people are overblowing his effectiveness in yesterday's game. The goal changes the game..it demoralized Fulham..and opened up more space especially on the left. Vols was clearly tired and Reyes exploited the situation. Well good win..and its good to know Pires, Vieira and maybe Henry can be subbed without our level going any lower. Can't ask for more!!!

kel varnsen

Established Member
freddie is great; arsenal need him! he was MOM on saturday...

btw; i'm so drunk rightt now. free beer and vodka is BAD. that's what you get for being a student at uni....

kel varnsen

Established Member
pamilih said:
Henry is leagues ahead of Reyes at this moment.

BULLSHIT!!! reyes is magnificent; already up there with henry. have you even seen reyes play for sevilla? he ripped real madrid apart and he proved time and time again that he was something special. don't underestimate reyes; he's already amazing. IMO he is the most complete player ever to play in the premier league.

GoonerLuke

kel varnsen said:
pamilih said:

BULLSHIT!!! reyes is magnificent; already up there with henry. have you even seen reyes play for sevilla? he ripped real madrid apart and he proved time and time again that he was something special. don't underestimate reyes; he's already amazing. IMO he is the most complete player ever to play in the premier league.

Sober up mate, 'cause you're going to have to give all of us your definition of "complete." Reyes is not the most complete player ever to play in the PL. He is a sensational young attacking player, but it's much too early to put him ahead of the likes of Cantona, Bergkamp, Zola, and Henry.

BTW, when I think complete player, I think Stevie G. He tackles, scores, assists, and is pretty much the driving force behind 'pool.

kel varnsen

Established Member
GoonerLuke said:
kel varnsen said:
pamilih said:

Sober up mate, 'cause you're going to have to give all of us your definition of "complete." Reyes is not the most complete player ever to play in the PL. He is a sensational young attacking player, but it's much too early to put him ahead of the likes of Cantona, Bergkamp, Zola, and Henry.

BTW, when I think complete player, I think Stevie G. He tackles, scores, assists, and is pretty much the driving force behind 'pool.

reyes is complete; he is fast, strong, good on and off the ball, he scores goals and he sets up others. amazing; already one of my favourite players...

btw; i will never sober up!!! 'be got the right to drink alcohol and i will make full use of it! :D :D

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
kel varnsen said:
GoonerLuke said:
kel varnsen said:
pamilih said:

reyes is complete; he is fast, strong, good on and off the ball, he scores goals and he sets up others. amazing; already one of my favourite players...

btw; i will never sober up!!! 'be got the right to drink alcohol and i will make full use of it! :D :D
That's a bit naive mate. Yes, he may have those qualities, but he can still improve each of those qualities you mentioned.

If he was the complete player, then he would be the best player n the world which he is not. Yet.

Maybe one day, but at the moment he is the student, and has to learn off of Thierry, who is in fact officialyy the second best player in the world, and unofficially in most people's eyes THE best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom