• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ali today!

Is Ali ready for regular first-team fotbal?

• Yes, hes done well the last times he played..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he is to unexperienced...

• He can claim a spot on the bench, nothing more...

• Total voters
Didnt get to see the match this evening, but was pleased over the result... but noticed one thing here on a Norwegian web-page.. Ali got 8/10 for today, the same as Henry... Was he that good today???? that sounds good, if he was..

Hope so.. but exept Cole, and Adams.. there isnt really a lot of talented players that have come through in at the First team.. But lets hope that has changed...

JazzG

Established Member
He was really good in the first half. His running off the ball and link up with Henry was good. Heard he done this one brilliant skill when he totally fooled Ehiogu with a brilliant flick. Southgate + Ehiogu are no mugs, one of the best defensive pairings around but our movement and passing was too good for them

Such a shame he got injured though, been the story of his career so far, hopefully it isn't as bad as expected.

Mark

Established Member
haven't seen any highlights yet, but he sounded good, shame he got injured. we have enough injuries as it is...

Rupert

Yeah he looked really really strong today, he was winning headers and turning their players and running at their goal really well and definately looks very promising. I think he could easily get a run in the first team right now if he wasnt injured. I think he definately competes well with Kanu, Wiltord and Bergkamp for a spot in the first team and I think he could come out on top as well and be our #2 striker

jeremiesgirl

Without doubt Ali should be a regular first team player. He is getting quicker and isn't getting pushed around as much. Its terrible news about his injury but he came back well after his hernia injury and at least the ligament injury he sustained today shouldn't keep him out too long hopefully.

He is a star of the future, one of Arsenal's brightest prospects for sure :angel

chris66

Perhaps I am the one in cloud cuckoo land. What i saw was a performance of a light weight player, who did not really trouble a terrible Middlesboro defence and who didn't take responsibility for a shot when the opportunity arose.

This kid must have one great PR machine, because on his first team performances he looks like a french Jeffers to me (including the injuries). And you can't discount his performance because of his age, as we sure as hell never did that for jeffers who is only a few months older. Either your good enough or you are not - and Ali hasn't either scored or looked like scoring in any of the opportunities he's had.

Per haps he will make it but a young player has to come in and stake a claim, in the way Anelka did in 98/99. ALi so far hasn't even come close.

JazzG

Established Member
When Anelka came in he was physically really strong when he came here. Ali isn't and in this league that makes a HUGE difference. Jeffers got a lot more games in, in his early games he was beyond terrible against good sides. You can' judge a player on brief appearances. Give him more time and he won't disappoint imo. Jeffers played games for Everton before he came here so had some premiership experience.

I saw the highlights on itv and Ali looked decent to me. His movement was good but it is obvious he is lacking in confidence, his weak shot and some misplaced passes showed that. Once he gets 10-15 games under hise belt and a few goals then we can judge him properly

thegame24

Established Member
he played well but again i was happy with kanu.

kanu is the reason ljungberg and pires get so many goals now.

from what i saw today though ali should help us be more direct.

JGooner

Without doubt Ali should be a regular first team player.

I don't think we can say that there is no doubt about it. Aliadiere is a fine prospect and - this is crucial - all of the other candidates to partner henry (bergkamp, kanu, wiltord, etc) are severely flawed, but there are certainly some unanswered questions about him at this early stage. He has not yet made a decisive impact in the premiership. Of course he hasn't had many opportunities but this is precisely why there will be "doubts" until he has finally proven himself one way or another.

From what i saw on the ITV highlights, Aliadiere showed excellent pace and skill to get into dangerous positions but his final execution was poor. The first instance was a one-on-one with the keeper which he scuffed, and the second was a crossing opportunity which he also mishit. Nevertheless, the fact that he got into those positions in the first place is a good sign.

Mark

Established Member
There's no doubt that Aliadiere has the talent, I do rate him highly but before he can make it at this level he will have to improve his fitness, he's just a bit too injury prone right now. I hope that changes though because if it does, this guy's gonna be good.

nnn

Saw him today, looked decent, he is a player with potential who has'nt had the time to adapt to the premiership game yet, it will take him time, but this is Arsenal and you can't take long.

He has the necessary tools, although needs a few more big dinners. An extended run in the first team would do him the world of good. Anelka and Henry were both given a lot of time, wether Aliadiere will get the same amount is unknown, he could find it hard to get back into the first team squad after a month out.

Lukazan

Established Member
He looked good.

Has first touch was very good, I loved that little flick he did over that player, I thought it was Henry at first, but when I saw it was old Ali I was like :shock: :shock: ...

Hehe.

Just me, or did Ali's shot right near the start of the game that hit the keepers foot look really tame?

goonerob

Greatwilliam said:
Anyone know how long he will be injuRed... i saw fRom soccernet is 1 moNth... issit True? it will be trerrible if tis is tRue
Wenger on tv tonight said he is out for a month.Kanu off to africa, Wiltord and Bergkamp still injured. We are running out of strikers. At this rate we might have to get jug-ears back.

Top Bottom