• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,167

M+D

Established Member
Don Pacifico said:
Fair enough, you know more about these things than me. I guess I don't see Randall as being a good fit for the front three (in the same way Rosicky isn't) and see Aneke as more of a flexible JET-type player.

Good to see the first-team quartet.

Well I'm just making an educated guess like you mate. Arsenal Youth, like you, thinks that Aneke's in the front 3 and he's normally pretty spot on. Won't know til the highlights I guess..

Arsenal dominating early on it seems, a few half chances.

M+D

Established Member
Yennaris injured and replaced after 22 minutes. Got to hope that it isn't very serious, really talented player.

Edit: 1-0 Blackburn, Benjani after a Djourou mistake.

Nela

Established Member
It seems like Djourou is having a poor game. At fault for the first and just conceded a penalty.

Blackburn lead 3-2

mistaT

Established Member
JET really needs to start getting playing time outside of the Reserves.

FA, Carling and later parts of EPL games should all be opened to him. He'll benefit and we'll get to rest Chamakh!

Nela

Established Member
mistaT said:
JET really needs to start getting playing time outside of the Reserves.

FA, Carling and later parts of EPL games should all be opened to him. He'll benefit and we'll get to rest Chamakh!
Well with RvP and Bendtner both out until mid-October, JET looks like he'll get some games, or at least a spot on the bench as back-up to Chamakh.

Eirico

4 defensive players from the first team, and we concede 3 :?

The attacking talent that are coming through in Aneke, Afobe and JET are really exciting though.

Humble Rex

Established Member
Even considering that it was the Squid´s first game and that Djourou has hardly featured this season, it IS worrying that we conceded 3.

Clear mistake by Djourou for their first and then he caused a penalty from the reports. Think it is safe to say he has played himself in as fourth choice...

M+D

Established Member
It's not worrying because it wasn't a settled side, especially in defence. There were four centre backs in that back four tonight.

Can't really say without seeing any of the game though.

jay-d

Established Member
Djorou was truley shocking, awful. He hasnt progressed at all and dont want to see him anyway near the 1st team . That Aneke looks like a real talent his goal and pass for the 3rd were Henry/Bergkamp like.

M+D

Established Member
Randall was indeed mainly in the front three judging by the highlights, but on the left not on the right like I thought he would be.

Aneke's goal was sublime, brilliant piece of skill. No surprise that it was his very well-weighted chip over the top that Afobe got on the end of to finish for the 3rd goal either, that partnership is so successful. Both seem to have very quickly found their feet at reserve level, despite both still being only 17.

JET absolutely roasted the full back to set up Afobe's first, destroyed him. Brilliant piece of skill to beat two earlier on too. And came up with the match winning contribution not for the first time.

Two shocking mistakes by Djourou in defence though to gift Blackburn goals, loss of concentration for the first and completely caught out for the penalty.

mistaT

Established Member
Are highlights available anywhere but ATVO?

If not might be time to step up to a subscription.....

patrick42uk

Established Member
Djourou is work in progress in that position and has just had a lengthy lay off which is why I felt it important that he was relegated to fifth choice (seems Wenger considered this too). I think we'd be in trouble if we had to use him at all this season.

mistaT

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Djourou is work in progress in that position and has just had a lengthy lay off which is why I felt it important that he was relegated to fifth choice (seems Wenger considered this too). I think we'd be in trouble if we had to use him at all this season.

Vermalean
Kolscieny (sp)
Squiliani (sp)
.......?
Djourou

5th Choice :?:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom