• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,744
  • Views 1,154,769

KY

Established Member
Actually...I just realised it's confirmed. By Wilshere on his Twitter account. JET Eastmond and Lansbury all travelling.

Herbert Chapman

Hey MD, I know you're the person for the reserves and youth, any news on Rambo??? He was gonna feature tonight if I'm not mistaken.....

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
He wasn't included in the squad against Everton unfortunately. JET scored another brace though, which makes it 10 goals in 6 games for him. The game ended 4-1.

Kenyonhater

JET's second goal against Everton involved a piece of skill which "must be seen to be believed" according to arsenal.com. Highlights on ATVO later today.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
It's up on ATVO now. He wraps his left foot around the back of the right leg and flicks the ball forward between the two defenders marking him and then he calmly finishes in the bottom corner. Neat stuff.

Herbert Chapman

Cheers Klaus, shame, hope he get a run out soon.

JET I must say is getting me excited, He deserves a game, I think he would raise a few eyebrows and really create some competition up front.

otfgoon

Established Member
Haha, that was an outrageous bit of skill. With most players you'd say they'd only try that sort of thing in the reserves but I reckon JET would try it on in first team games too.

Sunu looked quite bright.

Eirico

Absolutely insane goal from JET.
And he's destroying the Everton defenders in the rest of the highlights too.

What's great with JET is that he know how and when to pick a pass too, not only running at the defenders and being selfish all the time. Extremely exciting prospect.

Aneke looks good too, but the Everton reserve team in that game doesn't seem very good, their GK was probably their best performer in a game where they conceded 4 goals.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
That was sick. Remember not too long ago me and outlaw was talking about that skill from Totti and Taddei and now JET does it. Incredible.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I really think Jet has all the natural ingredients overtake the current strikers at the club and stake a claim for first team place. He looks to me to have everything a present day footballer needs and to a certain extent what our team lacks. Pace, power and skill. If he can apply himself correctly he could be a massive player for us in the future and I think at present. Young Jack has proved that if you're good enough, you deserve your place.

I don't believe Bendtner is good enough to be a first choice striker for Arsenal, he's a sqaud player. Van Persie with every passing injury and season will not be able to cut it which just leaves Chamakattack

mo50

Established Member
Sublime goal. He's really pushing for a spot in the first team. Reserve football seems a little too easy for him. Maybe a loan is needed?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Maybe if Blackpool are interested in taking him on again. Holloway has a soft spot for the lad. I think it has to be Premier League football at this stage though, or at least a team on a corresponding level. I would like him to stay and see what happens in the Carling cup and the FA Cup first. I think there will be numerous opportunities if he keeps it up.

yuvken

Established Member
Goal's very nice, but easy to get carried away: the 2 defenders are ridiculously planted in a way that invites any cheeky player to give them that (a bit like clichy's open legs at wactop; only there it was harder and real). Someone like vela could probably do this with ease - doesn't make him a hit in real life against real defenders.
That said, the talent is obvious, and the way to do that in real games is through playing. loan, PL team.

Top Bottom