• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,138

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
The thing is that it always looks easy when someone actually pulls it off, but how often do you actually see it happen for whatever reason? It's unusual, nevermind the level. It shows his progress in comparison to the rest of the reserves. I think most people realize that the Everton reserves aren't Real Madrid.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Made a few good saves as well, even better than Rio in the FA Cup against Pompey a few years back.

Chass

Ironically, James Shea gave an interview earlier, mentioning Lansbury fancies himself in goal;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/shea-my-unconventional-path-to-keeping" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... to-keeping</a>

bertlb2

Sunu is reported to have said to francefootball that he is likely to be loaned to a Ligue 1 club this winter. There you go.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2010/20101118_170507_sunu-en-route-vers-la-ligue-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2 ... gue-1.html</a>

Humble Rex

Established Member
Reserves beat West Brom away tonight 1-0. Mikel scored the only goal of the match in the aftermath of a corner.

ricky1985

Established Member
Source
"He is the fastest learning keeper I have ever seen"
Former Arsenal star David Seaman has revealed that he has high hopes for Gunner’s youngster James Shea.

Shea, 18, was the number 1 in Arsenal’s triumphant 2008/2009 FA Youth Cup and Premier Academy League ‘double' wining-side earning himself a new long-term contract at the club.

Shea has been a regular for the reserves but has yet to break into the first team due to the competition of Manuel Almunia, Lukasz Fabanski, Wojciech Szczesny, however former Gunner Seaman believes he has a bright future at the club. Shea was also rewarded for his progress when he was asked to help out with the England squad who were training at the Gunner's facilities earlier this year, with Shea training one-on-one with Manchester City's Joe Hart.

Seaman has helped Steve Bould and Arsène Wenger coach the younger goalkeepers at the club, and the former England number 1 was full of praise for the starlet.

“He is developing really well, and I must say, he is the fastest learner I have ever seen as a goalkeeper. “ Seaman told Sport.co.uk.

“Last season you would say something to James on the training ground and he would immediately put it into practice, literally he is the fastest learning keeper I have ever seen.”

“He would implement something into his game straight away. It was really impressive. His time will come, whether it is at Arsenal or not, I don’t know, but he is a good prospect, as of course is Wojciech Szczesny.
I have high hopes for young Shea. His improvement in the last 2 years or so has been really impressive.

KY

Established Member
I think I'm really looking forward to the new batch of youngsters. Judging even from the rapport on tweeter, they all seem really close. The likes of Afobe, Wilshere, JET, lansbury, they seem to the best of friends. If they translate that relationship onto the pitch, we can be sure of a winning generation, much like our team of the earlier decade...

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
KY said:
I think I'm really looking forward to the new batch of youngsters. Judging even from the rapport on tweeter, they all seem really close. The likes of Afobe, Wilshere, JET, lansbury, they seem to the best of friends. If they translate that relationship onto the pitch, we can be sure of a winning generation, much like our team of the earlier decade...

Like the 1980's ?? Only without the Tuesday-Night Club, hopefully :wink: .

I agree though, having that unity now should make them a better team in the future. Hopefully they make it, would be awesome to see these guys reach their potential with us. Who knows, we can only hope.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom