• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,607

Meatwad

i know they had a touchdown, extra point and a field goal, but how did we score a point ... must be some new mercy extra point rule.

yuvken

Established Member
with James Shea seeing the ball 10 times in his net, you gotta wonder what exactly Seaman had in mind with "the fastest learning GK". Could it be they want him to learn all the possible ways to concede in one evening?
This result is shocking when you consider JET, Eastmond, chuks, Freeman, Shea - and they were not playing Barcelona or anything. I wonder what went on there.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Here I am!
Strange result even at that level.

This will be the only time in the forseeable future that I can enjoy a result over you lot so I'm just going to pretend it was the first team :D

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Wenger out. Sell the club. Bring in Usmanov. Denilson probably had a hand in this. Five more trophyless years. This is why we can't have nice things. Etc.

dbig

Quite surprised by the line-up at the back. 16-year old Monteiro and Yennaris playing at CB, then Boateng out right.

Still, the team should have done much better.

viper_001

Established Member
From Krptkid in the Lobby:

hwz9z8.png

We're level on points with a game in hand. It was a one time thing that doesn't at all reflect on the season.

There is light

Shocking, but it was a stop gap defense (miquel and hajrovic were missing) we put out their in an important match and got thumped so i guess this was just a one off. Nothing that suggests a complete overhaul of the club though even though the players must be feeling pathetic. :lol:

dyeruz

Established Member
Personally think it's great, it's good to suffer set backs once in a while, these youngsters know they are good but if they don't keep their levels up and play hard and concentrate then this can happen. They are supposed to be learning, I hope they use this as motivation to do even better, not to let their heads drop. It's even been reported in the papers which is laughable but I guess a lot of people want to see our academy embarrassed, I look forward to our results being published next time we win big..but we know that won't happen.

Kain

Established Member
So we finally found something worse than Squillaci-Koscielny in defence.

Jokes aside, we have a bucket load of players out on loan again this season, you could make a team out of them if they were not gaining valuable match time elsewhere we'd of atleast given them a game.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players</a>

...Check the loan section, plus Mannone & Traore from the first team.

yuvken

Established Member
Made me see some names for the first time :) - didn't know we have another Samir at the club, playing on the left side, too.
and Zak Ansah is still here :evil: (just kidding).

There is an element of good in an occasional slap on the face, but that yesterday cannot be good. A one off is a bit harsh for conclusions, but you ask yourself: "where's the fight to avoid humiliation? where is the fear of the stain?" - and you get the feeling they just gave it up long, long before it was 10 (probably around 3). And that is a very poor attitude, which is not easily explained away. No Calamity, perhaps, but certainly not just "bad day at the office, tomorrow's a new day".

Top Bottom