• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,773
  • Views 1,156,468

Bourne

Established Member
Isn't it amazing that the media never report reserve news. Yet because it involves us and a humiliating defeat, they go into overdrive to inform everyone and humiliate us even more. 

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Knew there would be comments on this shocking result.

But as the table shows, we are ok. Lets hope we dont see a scoreline like that again.

-vapour-

yuvken said:
Made me see some names for the first time :) - didn't know we have another Samir at the club, playing on the left side, too.
and Zak Ansah is still here :evil: (just kidding).

Zak Ansah, he's the one who went over the top on Facebook yes? Or was that someone else? If it was him surely he should have been thrown out from the club ala Jay Bothroyd,

Anyway ignore the papers and the kneejerk comments. It's the reserves league, we're still favourites to win it. It's a huge blow for the players, but it's great experience to kick on and prove what they're about. People who are trying to take the piss clearly don't understand what Reserve football is about. An Arsenal team at any level shouldn't concede 10 goals, but these things can happen, and it did. Now if this was the first team, then serious questions would need to be raised :p .

yuvken

Established Member
Ansah got the wrong headlines about a year or two ago as he was teasing his arsenal friends for losing to utd, as he's a utd fan himself (don't remember the exact details, but that in a nutshell).

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Must have been like a paradise for some of the Villa players after playing so many important, high-pressure games for the first team recently. Being down to ten so early on with two midfielders at the back won't have been very helpful either.

But still, 10-1? :? :lol:

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
To be fair there were very few villa players playing who have featured for the first team this season. Only really Hogg and Lichaj, and even they haven't played for a few weeks.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
smh @ The Sun, who apparently made this result a headline story, they probably feel that they were "exposing" our academy after one horrendous result :roll:

uva_gunner86

Stevo the Villan said:
To be fair there were very few villa players playing who have featured for the first team this season. Only really Hogg and Lichaj, and even they haven't played for a few weeks.

What about Delfouneso?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I'm curious. For those who have seen him, what's the skinny on Miquel? I know he's been on the bench a few times, but is he capable of spotting our starters (injured or otherwise) right now?

Nela

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
I'm curious. For those who have seen him, what's the skinny on Miquel? I know he's been on the bench a few times, but is he capable of spotting our starters (injured or otherwise) right now?
He's nowhere near ready. I think he'd be a disaster if he started. He seems to really struggle with pace.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
He's skilled on the ball but he's also slow and inexperienced. Song is a better 5th choice at the moment. Not that it matters much since he's also currently injured, mind.

If we're down to Koscielny and Squillaci for a while I'd rather recall Bartley than push Miquel into the action. Bartley is clearly a better player and he's been playing regular football all season, even if the Championship isn't the same thing as Premier League.

yuvken

Established Member
Klaus - do you know for sure that we can call Bartley from Gers at any moment? and if so, would you say it is on the boss' likely moves list? There was much talk recently by the boss and others about this option, but as he left to rangers at the end of the transfer window, and there was talk of "until the summer", the part of the recall in the new loan deal remained obscure.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I have no idea. I don't think anyone really knows outside the club. I've tried to look it up myself but the regulations aren't entirely clear. People said we couldn't recall Bartley from Sheffield too but we evidently could and did. The way it's been in the past, and the way it still is as far as I know, is that you can recall half-season loans at any time. Players out on full-season loans can only be recalled in january, and if you don't do it you won't get another chance for the remainder of the season. Also, if the loan deal involves a transfer fee you lose any right to recall the player.

If Djourou's injury really is serious then, yes, I think we will recall Bartley. But I don't think it is.

yuvken

Established Member
You don't think Dj's injury is serious? I pray you're right, but knee/cartilage? I did not see him return before TV.
If it is not serious, than there no point in all these Bartley speculations. Thanx for the info.

BTW - since posting this I watched Miyaichi - can we recall him? :mrgreen:

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
The cartilage is just speculaton so far. I don't want to start rumours, but in the challenge where Barton sweeped his legs away towards the end of the first half it looked like his leg wobbled a bit when he landed. I have no idea if that's the moment where he got the knock, but it wouldn't surprise me. And in that case it looked more like a sprain to the medial knee ligaments. They're on the outside of the kneecap, stabilising the knee. Song got that injury last season against Liverpool and was back after less than two weeks. Since Djourou could walk around by own machine they weren't torn badly.

Like I said, it's just speculation, but it's as good as anything from that swiss paper unless they've actually talked to Djourou and/or the medical team at the club.

yuvken

Established Member
Yeah, I know - my own feelings were a result of looking at his face when he walked off, and the way he was helped.
I do pray you are right.

Top Bottom