• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,773
  • Views 1,156,486

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
-vapour- said:
yuvken said:
Made me see some names for the first time :) - didn't know we have another Samir at the club, playing on the left side, too.
and Zak Ansah is still here :evil: (just kidding).

Zak Ansah, he's the one who went over the top on Facebook yes? Or was that someone else? If it was him surely he should have been thrown out from the club ala Jay Bothroyd,

Anyway ignore the papers and the kneejerk comments. It's the reserves league, we're still favourites to win it. It's a huge blow for the players, but it's great experience to kick on and prove what they're about. People who are trying to take the piss clearly don't understand what Reserve football is about. An Arsenal team at any level shouldn't concede 10 goals, but these things can happen, and it did. Now if this was the first team, then serious questions would need to be raised :p .

A few weeks later - then Newcastle happened......sheesh!!

-vapour-

redanddread said:
-vapour- said:
yuvken said:
Made me see some names for the first time :) - didn't know we have another Samir at the club, playing on the left side, too.
and Zak Ansah is still here :evil: (just kidding).

Zak Ansah, he's the one who went over the top on Facebook yes? Or was that someone else? If it was him surely he should have been thrown out from the club ala Jay Bothroyd,

Anyway ignore the papers and the kneejerk comments. It's the reserves league, we're still favourites to win it. It's a huge blow for the players, but it's great experience to kick on and prove what they're about. People who are trying to take the piss clearly don't understand what Reserve football is about. An Arsenal team at any level shouldn't concede 10 goals, but these things can happen, and it did. Now if this was the first team, then serious questions would need to be raised :p .

Hahaha yessssss. I love good old bumps. I suppose my obvious connections with Arsenal jinxed it then did it? :p

And to be fair, I said conceding 10 goals not conceding 4 when 4 goals ahead. Funny all the same. :lol:

Also worth noting that serious questions were raised... about the ****e referee. Who incidentally didn't referee a game this weekend apparently... and the linesman was relegated to Championship duties.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
-vapour- said:
redanddread said:
[quote="-vapourZak Ansah, he's the one who went over the top on Facebook yes? Or was that someone else? If it was him surely he should have been thrown out from the club ala Jay Bothroyd,

Hahaha yessssss. I love good old bumps. I suppose my obvious connections with Arsenal jinxed it then did it? :p

And to be fair, I said conceding 10 goals not conceding 4 when 4 goals ahead. Funny all the same. :lol:

Also worth noting that serious questions were raised... about the **** referee. Who incidentally didn't referee a game this weekend apparently... and the linesman was relegated to Championship duties.
[/quote]

That was as dodgy as it gets. The Newcastle mafioso bought that game But seriously, we were Dowded in that game. The 2nd penalty was laughable as was Shezzers booking. The fix was in!!

Endris

Just saw on Sky Germany that Jens Lehmann will be guest coach of the Arsenal reserves in March for a couple of days while he is getting his coaching licence. God may have mercy with them. :twisted:

yuvken

Established Member
Toral? more tough stuff with Barca?

Ebecilio? more Feynoord relations?

what do we know about them?

ricky1985

Established Member
The Daily Mail are reporting that we've signed 15 year old German centreback Leander Siemann, from Hertha Berlin.

Arsenal have agreed a £220,000 deal for Hertha Berlin defender Leander Siemann. Sportsmail revealed that the 15-year-old German centre back spent a week on trial at the club last month and impressed coaching staff. Siemann, who has been offered a three-year contract, said: ‘I’ve dreamt about being a professional, and Arsenal is a huge opportunity.’

Hertha Under 16 coach Frank Vogel said: ‘He is dynamic, strong and good in one-on-ones.’

yuvken

Established Member
DK Gooner said:
Eirico said:
I'm waiting for Alban Bunjaku's breakthrough for the reserves. He's style reminds me a bit of Javier Pastore. Great touch and vision. Just looks classy. He's by far our biggest prospect in that age group in my opinion.

Youtube comp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9IdJhnhq4k&fs=1&hl=en_GB

He looks more of a number 10 than the Veron-style Pastore. He definitely looks like one for the future.
WOW! I've been hearing this name, but never got to see him until that compilation. Proper No. 10, no doubt. Some features I was highly impressed with: position and understanding of the game (tens of passes he recieves - notice how he's always in a great position to make the play for the team). Great first touch, dribbling ability, eye for the defense splitting pass, quick to deliver it. I'm very impressed with how his head is always up - many times he just knows where the ball is going from him when it was just released in his direction. Looks like a born Arsenal player. Speed is maybe the only thing I didn't see there. But that only makes the comparison with a certain No. 10 more inviting (ok, ok - but he really does look fantastic).
How old is he, anyway?

Ricky - that German defender: Central/R/L?

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
On Siemann, he is 2 footed (!!, right foot shot 116 km/h, left foot shot 108 km/h), 1.86m (76 kgs), fast (10 meter in 1.64 sec, 50 meter in 7.08 sec) and very smart. That sounds great. The article (link below) from which I got this info also states, he is regarded as an OK player, not as an excellent player.

Source (in German):
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.morgenpost.de/printarchiv/sport/article1584870/Warum-ein-Hertha-Teenager-nach-London-wechselt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.morgenpost.de/printarchiv/sp ... hselt.html</a>

scytheavatar

Established Member
yuvken said:
WOW! I've been hearing this name, but never got to see him until that compilation. Proper No. 10, no doubt.

Problem is, the "proper" no.10 in the Zidane/Nedved mold is no longer relevant in today's game. How many big club still uses one in their team? The modern midfielder has to be good at defending and chasing after the ball to a certain extent or he's going to be a liability. Still, it's undeniable that this Alban Bunjaku looks like a class act; he's going to be 17 in May so we'll almost certainly be seeing more of him next season. Apparently we have a Jack Jebb who's supposed to be as good if not better than Wilshere at the same age and he's another big talent to be looking out for.

dyeruz

Established Member
You know some kids either have it or dont, this Bunjuku kid is just class, look forward to seeing more of him and more of the kids coming through

dyeruz

Established Member
Jack Jebb ridiculous no look pass to Devante Cole in the victory shield....just waiting now for Dalvin Yorke, or Jojo Gunnar Solskjaer to make an appearance

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Always liked german CBs.

You won't find any more reckless and no nonesense CBs in world football than them.

Let's hope he turns out to be good in the end, and won't take the same route Nordtveit did.

yuvken

Established Member
run that by google translate, you get:
"you youth following w****rs are as nauseating as second generation Utd"
apologies on goog-trans behalf for using such words (the U word).
:lol: and apologies for A-M time bias, which has effect before cause (hey, ricky's question - I'm up here)

ricky1985

Established Member
dyeruz said:
Jack Jebb ridiculous no look pass to Devante Cole in the victory shield....just waiting now for Dalvin Yorke, or Jojo Gunnar Solskjaer to make an appearance
Come again, you've lost me?

ricky1985

Established Member
dyeruz said:
Sorry Ricky, it was the victory shield, our Jack Jebb set up Andy Cole's son Devante with a nice one two before laying on a no look pass for the goal. We actually had four players on at one point, but this kid was mint.
Andy Cole named his son after a member of the R&B group Jodeci
Yeah, I figured it out a little later.

What sort of player is Jebb then? And how did our 4 Arsenal boys do?

dyeruz

Established Member
Sorry Ricky, it was the victory shield, our Jack Jebb set up Andy Cole's son Devante with a nice one two before laying on a no look pass for the goal. We actually had four players on at one point, but this kid was mint.
Andy Cole named his son after a member of the R&B group Jodeci

Top Bottom