• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,735

Vela

Established Member
Lehmann made a couple of good saves and then a great one from Wigan player a yar out. Then Arsenal defender pass ball back he missed kick it and it just went past Arsenal own post.

dave_rwr

Established Member
Miquel sent off at 20 minutes. Great. Sounds like it was an iffy call though (then again, this is Arsenal commentary).

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/899898/jens-lehmann-suffers-on-debut-for-arsenal-reserves?cc=5901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... es?cc=5901</a>

Endris

Poor Wenger, now he has to decide between praying that Almunia won't continue his season of horror and Lehmann who would be gaining match pratice in games that all count and will make or break the season. Both could backfire horribly.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Yes, it seems I heard incorrectly and instead of "doing ok" Jens had some scary lapses.

I think we may be damned with either Al or Jens in goal.

Vela

Established Member
Luke Freeman I heard had a good game before they got down to 10 men he was getting more forward causing all sorts of trouble for the Wigan defence. He was brought down for the pen. The sending off affected them seem like it was harsh sending of anyway. Arsenal had couple of pen shouts turnt down.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Sneezy should be back in three to four weeks, so mabye there's a chance that Al won't get an opportunity to **** up each remaining game this season.

mo50

Established Member
hehe, Almunia will ALWAYS find a way to **** up mate. Look at the last game for an example.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
mo50 said:
hehe, Almunia will ALWAYS find a way to **** up mate. Look at the last seasons for an example.

It's sad, isn't it?
:cry:

Once we have a proper keeper, he gets injured.
Any guy out there wearing an Arsenal jersey gets injured. Good that Arsène's always wearing suits on the sidelines.....

Kraig

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
YoungGunsBlog
Alexander Iwobi, in the Arsenal U16 squad for the Ferroli Cup, is the nephew of Nigerian legend Jay Jay Okocha
Lets hope he has Jay-Jay's skill!

Jay Jay was a player wasn't he!

Ive heard that those who saw the reserve game said Jens did alright, apart from a couple of squeeky bum time moments, but the press are seemingly happy to call it a horrendous performance. Not sure where the truth lies to be honest, but knowing our relationship with the media, id say im closer towards thinking he wasnt as bad as some have made out.

Btw, do we have anyone coming through in the reserves who could stand a genuine chance of making it here? As an example, we all knew that Jack would get into the first team. Whilst i know talents like Jack are rare, I imagine there are surely a couple of lads catching the eye right now.

M+D? Thoughts?

progman07

Established Member
Kraig said:
ricky1985 said:
YoungGunsBlog
Alexander Iwobi, in the Arsenal U16 squad for the Ferroli Cup, is the nephew of Nigerian legend Jay Jay Okocha
Lets hope he has Jay-Jay's skill!

Jay Jay was a player wasn't he!

Ive heard that those who saw the reserve game said Jens did alright, apart from a couple of squeeky bum time moments, but the press are seemingly happy to call it a horrendous performance. Not sure where the truth lies to be honest, but knowing our relationship with the media, id say im closer towards thinking he wasnt as bad as some have made out.

Btw, do we have anyone coming through in the reserves who could stand a genuine chance of making it here? As an example, we all knew that Jack would get into the first team. Whilst i know talents like Jack are rare, I imagine there are surely a couple of lads catching the eye right now.

M+D? Thoughts?

A couple of "squeeky bum time moments" are 2-3 goals to a better opposition... if Almunia has got one bad moment which results in goal, it's awful, but if Jens has about 3-4 bad moments, it still can be allright? :roll:

If we had bought a keeper in the summer, we probably wouldn't have to think about who is worse, Almunia or Jens.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom