• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,773

Kraig

Established Member
Try re-reading Prog.

Notice the phrase "I've heard" at the start. Meaning i havent seen it myself, but have relied on comments from those that did. we lost 2-1 didnt we? So if jens did have 3-4 'bad moments' then it only cost us two goals. Wish we could say the same for Al this season.

Any particular reason for the random Almunia defense in a thread about the reserves. I know its his level and all, but i dont think hes played at this level for some time.

Also, if we had bought a keeper then we wouldnt have started playing Wally. The only reason we are in this position is due to an extreme amount of injurys in one specific position. How do you prepare for losing four keepers at the same time? Shall we just make a squad of them just in case.

Vela

Established Member
Kraig I saw you ask about reserve players making it here. There not anyone like Wilshere and Fabregas how they stood out at the reserve team level. But how often do you see players like Wilshere and Fabregas coming through. Chuks Aneke you could say is one of the most talented players in the curret reserve team he is a attacking midfielder only 17. Plays for England U18s/U19s great understand with Benik Afobe who is talented forward on loan at Huddersfield whos doing well. Afobe and Aneke been playing together since 7 years old I think.

Think Lansbury will make it here AW even said it and think he will be in the first team next season. Same with Kyle Bartley I could see him becoming 4 choice center back. Dont know about JET? Im a big fan of Luke Freeman. Arsenal got Eastmond, Frimpong and Coquelin at least one will make it here im hopeful for back up to Alex Song.

Kraig

Established Member
cheers for that vela. had heard some mutterings about jack jebb and alban bujaku looking like big talents in the u18's. i know about jet, lansbury, afobe, aneke, eastmond, frimpong, coquelin etc. just wanted to see if anyone knew of any major talents coming through. a bit like how everyone could see cesc would definately make it here. same with jack.

Kain

Established Member
Freeman is a real wildcard of the reserves, he's 19 now, needs a loan next season etc. but he’s stopped being dependant on one foot, is looking sharper than ever it’s a waste for him in the reserves needs to step up for a championship/premiership team like Lansbury,JET etc have tried to do.

Kraig

Established Member
i remember when he was first coming through being referred to as a new michael owen... as all young english strikers are.

Vela

Established Member
Luke Freeman only just turnt 19 a few days ago. And he has signed a new contract. Went on loan to yeovil early in the season scored a few but broke a part in his leg or foot? Then he came back for yeovil and was on the bench a lot after that. Returned to Arsenal and played very well for reserves. But he has not been playing as a striker because the formation. He been playing on the left wing like Arshavin/Walcott do in the first team. He look good there and even Reserve manager said that the over week. I got high hopes for him but thats just my option. Hopefully he finds a good club to get loaned out to.

Vela

Established Member
@YoungGunsBlog
England U16 v Scotland U16 on SkySports tonight. Austin Lipman the only Arsenal player involved after Kenny Swain's rotation.

Eirico

Kraig said:
cheers for that vela. had heard some mutterings about jack jebb and alban bujaku looking like big talents in the u18's. i know about jet, lansbury, afobe, aneke, eastmond, frimpong, coquelin etc. just wanted to see if anyone knew of any major talents coming through. a bit like how everyone could see cesc would definately make it here. same with jack.

Nah, none of our reserves or U18's are close to be as good as Wilshere or Cesc were. The closest is obviously Aneke, but it's been quiet around him for a while now. We need to see to the next generation, and hope that one of Jebb, Lipman, Akpom, Hayden, Ormonde-Ottewill, Gnabry, Siemann or Toral Harper is at that level. Appearantly they are all very talented, and Jebb is particulary getting high praises.

There is a chance to see Austin Lipman in action tonight btw. He's in the U16 England squad that faces Scotland at 19:35 BST.

outlaw_member

Established Member
What about the attacking talent? We've got more than our fair share of creators, but beyond JET and Afobe, which other forwards are highly touted for great things?

Eirico

Again you have to look at the U16's/U15's.

Austin Lipman and Chuba Akpom are two U15's strikers/forwards that plays regulary for the U16 team and have also made their debuts for the U18's (not 100% sure that Lipman has appeared on the field for the U18's, but he has at least been on the bench). Both are also U16 nationals for England. Lipman is very pacy, Akpom is more skillful.

I'm not sure what's Serge Gnabry position, but I believe he is more of a winger/attacking midfielder than a striker.

In the U18's we have Zak Ansah and Philip Roberts as the two most promising forwards, but I'm not sure any of them will be Arsenal quality. Ansah is a clinical finisher and an U17 England player, Roberts is a pacy Irish U17 striker. Both have suffered lengthy injury breaks this season that have harmed their development.

ricky1985

Established Member
I want to see if Lipman is actually Walcott-fast tonight. He reached the semi-final of last years English Schools' Athletics Championships in the 100M Sprint, as a 14 year old, so in theory he should be.

Loads of streams available, otherwise it's on Sky Sports. 19:30 kick-off.

ricky1985

Established Member
Kraig said:
i remember when he was first coming through being referred to as a new michael owen... as all young english strikers are.
Reminds me of Arshavin or maybe Eduardo in his style. He will be a Premier League player, but I'm just not sure I can see him at Arsenal. He's extremely talented though, and a natural goalscorer.

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
What about the attacking talent? We've got more than our fair share of creators, but beyond JET and Afobe, which other forwards are highly touted for great things?
I'd echo a lot of what Eirico said above. I really like what I saw of Akpom last week for England, explosively quick, skillful, great dribbler, very powerful and dangerous. My gut feeling on Jack Jebb is that he's very special, that's based on the England match last week and and snippets I've seen for the U18, so not much, but he looks to have that special something about him.

Yaya

Established Member
How's jack jebb first touch,close control,passing etc? does he dribble a lot? and what positon does he play in?

ricky1985

Established Member
Yaya said:
How's jack jebb first touch,close control,passing etc? does he dribble a lot? and what positon does he play in?
That's what he really excels at. I don't think he's that much of a dribbler, but he's certainly very mobile.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Vela? Admittedly he's had a rough 18 months but it's hard to write off someone who's still only 21 and has that kind of talent. I reckon he'll come around eventually.

Vela

Established Member
Arsenal sign swedish midfielder Olsson.

<a class="postlink" href="http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/03/arse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/03/arse</a> ... er-olsson/

And if NB52 or Rosicky leave in the summer would mean Vela would get more games.

DK Gooner

I rate Freeman. He's not a massive talent, but he makes things happen and offers something a bit different. He is more like Arshavin in style than Owen as Ricky stated. He has improved significantly from when he first joined us and was a bit of a shame that things didn't work out for him at Yeovil. I would like to see him get a chance some time this season if things finish early, but hopefully he can get a PL loan next season.

Klaus, I know its too early to write off Vela, but I just have the feeling that when he does make it, it won't be at Arsenal. He has talent and possibly the biggest obstacle to seeing his true potential is his lack of confidence at the moment, but it just means he has to work even harder to get a chance here. They won't be numerous and as such he needs to make them count which he hasn't done to date. Whatever he decides to do, he should take note of Aliadiere's career.

Vela

Established Member
England U16s and Scottlands U16s

<a class="postlink" href="http://embed.zonein.tv/plkgftdhgfhydfyhayer.php?id=288715&w=900&h=675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://embed.zonein.tv/plkgftdhgfhydfyh ... =900&h=675</a>

Arsenal's Austin Lipman playing

Top Bottom