• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,156,078

famous no 10

Established Member
Went to the Dartford Vs Arsenal reserves match tonight, we lost 2-1.

Firstly, we had pretty much all the possesion, Dartford are a good side, but the usual hoofed ball caught us out yet again.

Bellerin and Yennaris look decent, Aneke, although a huge lump of a player, is cumbersome...don't get the hype on that showing.

Watt looked ok, Miquel looked average, so did Bartley.

Eisfield looks like he has something, so does Gnabry.

Martinez made a couple of very good saves, then messed it all up for the second goal, along with Hajrovic.

Bimhoutine seemed like he had a good game at full back, haven't heard of him before.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yennaris will certainly go on loan but this kid is technically awesome
Don't think he will make it at Arenal in the end but he's worked very hard to get this far

Vela

Established Member
Arsenal Reserves are playing Chesham tomorrow.

Squad for the match - Shea, Bellerin, Monteiro, Fagan, Meade, Hayden, Jebb, Olsson, Rees, Roberts, Neita, Angha, Vickers, Akpom, Mugabo, Bihmoutine, Lipman, Roberts.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/arsenal-xi-squad-announced-for-chesham-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-ne ... esham-test</a>

Looks like the first-team will play the Reserves tomorrow in a behind closed door friendly.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The reserves to become the U21 side in the new League format-isn't that how it's going to be structured this season?

musicmonkey

Established Member
I could have been thinking of Botelho though i'm not sure. Botelho was certainly sold, Galindo had a trial at a Spanish league 2 team though i either haven't heard anything/can't remember whether he signed on or whether he's gone on loan.

Eirico

GunnerBP said:
I can't think of a youth setup in England that is better than ours. ManU's is good, but once you get past the golden era with the Nevilles, Beckham, Scholes, Butt and Giggs I don't think they've produced much.

Their current squad has Evans, Cleverly, Welbeck and kind of Fletcher.

Ours has a lot more, but we also bring players in when they are in their mid to late teens. They play reserve team football, but it is hard to say that we are mostly responsible for their development.

From the current squad we have Szczesny, Djourou, Gibbs, Coquelin, Frimpong, Wilshere, Song, Bartley, and Walcott, and that doesn't even count the young players who came to the club because they knew they would get a shot at the first team like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey and even Diaby.

And we also have players like Aneke, Afobe, and Miquel knocking at the door for the first team.

So I think we're really good at scouting, but also equally good at developing players.

Looking at the the England U16 squads the last couple of years, it seems like Chelsea have more players there than Arsenal every year. Seems like we are not as good as them at scouting/developing kids before they turn in to scholars and that we are losing out on the best prospects to them at a younger age. Still believe we are doing well, but I think the Chelsea set up is better for the U9-U16 player groups than ours.

evoh_1

Established Member
Gnabry has gone with the first team to germany I think this is a very good move by Arsène as he has alot of talent and hopefully will get soem game time in the koln fixture to see where he is with the first team lads.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Martinez
Bellerin
Hayden/angha (maybe)
Miquel
Toral
Olsson
Aneke
Gnabry
Apkom
Afobe (if he an find his finishing again)

These are the players I hope will make in roads into the coming years

Floating

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
Martinez
Bellerin
Hayden/angha (maybe)
Miquel
Toral
Olsson
Aneke
Gnabry
Apkom
Afobe (if he an find his finishing again)

These are the players I hope will make in roads into the coming years

Very talented crop. I've heard rave reviews about Martinez, Olsson and Gnabry especially.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
GOAL! Bolton lead! Afobe smashes home after a terrible defensive mistake! (50) 1-0

Terrible defending. Mark McChrystal gets it all wrong, and chests the ball the ball into Benik Afobe who slams the ball high into the net!

Afobe came on at half time and gives Bolton a winner
Off to a flying start

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/live-updates-tranmere-v-wanderers-7.8.12-297504.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/live ... 97504.aspx</a>

Top Bottom