• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,116

Bigbludfire

Established Member
yuvken said:
Bigbludfire said:
We should stop raiding that place, now it's just getting unethical and out of hand.
What exactly do you mean?

We're practically poaching their players they've spent time on due to Spanish laws for free. If someone did that to our most promising players I'd be absolutely livid, we should move on and stop taking from the same place. We've done it like at least 4 times

evoh_1

Established Member
They can spend plenty of time poaching player from south america and africa that we can't due to employment law so its all fair game, plus in the end we all know what the end game is Barca shirts pulled over them talk of slavery and DNA.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Bigbludfire said:
yuvken said:
Bigbludfire said:
We should stop raiding that place, now it's just getting unethical and out of hand.

We're practically poaching their players they've spent time on due to Spanish laws for free. If someone did that to our most promising players I'd be absolutely livid, we should move on and stop taking from the same place. We've done it like at least 4 times
If that's where the talent is then so be it. We shouldn't be judging off location but talent instead. It's essential for us to try and pluck the best young talent we can find. The main issue is Barca can't offer what we can in game time and first team chances and in some cases they won't offer the wages the player wants. Anyone's fair game imo.

It's not like Barca are the most ethical team so i wouldn't feel so sorry for them. As Evoh pointed out they get first pickings of the South Americas, i bet those clubs are getting less than what Barca get when we buy a youngster.

leo_ense

Established Member
It's also a bit hypocritical when Arsenal fans piss and moan about Barça poaching first team players. All football fans are hypocrites at the end of the day.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
musicmonkey said:
Bigbludfire said:
yuvken said:
If that's where the talent is then so be it. We shouldn't be judging off location but talent instead. It's essential for us to try and pluck the best young talent we can find. The main issue is Barca can't offer what we can in game time and first team chances and in some cases they won't offer the wages the player wants. Anyone's fair game imo.

It's not like Barca are the most ethical team so i wouldn't feel so sorry for them. As Evoh pointed out they get first pickings of the South Americas, i bet those clubs are getting less than what Barca get when we buy a youngster.

Barcelona are d****eads make no mistake about it, but these are homegrown players we're talking about that can't sign a contract until they're 18. Signing players from different places is much more ethical instead of poaching others in one place in say Cameroon or what not. We actually don't even buy youngsters in Spain, we pay compensation which is like 500k or something stupid. I have a problem being looked at as poachers of talents if you know what I mean

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Barca buys players from all over the world when they are 12-14yrs old we buy them at 15-16 , If we are poachers so are they, so is every other club in Europe

If we want to produce more players from within then England need to revamp their scouting system, we can only scout players that live a certain distance from the club and even then we are competing with different clubs for their signature

Clubs should be allowed to scout players from all over England or we will have to look outside for talent

Vela

Established Member
Barcelona had scouts watch Aneke and Afobe a few years ago. Even this season there was rumours they had a scout watching Akpom at U21 game. They were interested in buying Ignasi Miquel last summer for the B side. In 2008 Marca were reporting Barcelona were after Sanchez Watt. This was about five years ago when the double winning Youth Team were just starting.

perspolis

We lost 1-0 to the Spuds today at home.

The "losing" mentality has become the dominant culture at the club it seems.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1213/post/reserves/u-21s-arsenal-0-0-tottenham-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/121 ... ham-report</a>

What a terrific day! VP hat trick... Manure winning the league... and our youngsters coming second to the Spuds.

MaestroCesc

Tim Stillman ‏@LittleDutchVA

Biggest concern was how poor Coquelin was. Overcomplicated absolutely everything and comfortably bested by Tom Carroll.

Tim Stillman ‏@LittleDutchVA

Big error from Jenkinson for the goal too. But I guess Coquelin and Jenkinson were played because they're a bit rusty and needed a run out.

Coquelin has played since Blackburn, i reckon he will leave in the summer.

yuvken

Established Member
Anyone actually saw the game? anything Zelalicious to report?

lose to Sp**s? :thumbdown makes me nauseous even if it's under 12s playing.

evoh_1

Established Member
He was an Ok rightback but we aren't using him there and he has said he doesn't want ot play there and arsne is using jenkinson so what is the point of coquelin outside of the last chacne saloon selection?

evoh_1

Established Member
Our youth team managers are perfect examples of why promoting from within isn't always the key, they are useless and the football the kids are playing doesn't look good.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Coquelin will have to be sold, he wants to play and its unlikely he will get game time with us especially if we buy a CDM next summer

@crewealexfc
Quiet half here tonight. Crewe have grown in to the half and Chuks Aneke forces a good save from the United keeper from distance. #crewealex

@crewealexfc
GOAL!!! Chuks Aneke! #crewealex

@crewealexfc
The Arsenal loanee whips Crewe into the lead with a curling long range effort that gives the keeper no chance. Crewe 1-0 SUFC #crewealex

Latest posts+

Top Bottom