• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,896

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Pearce continued: “If you don’t turn up and work hard enough in any given tournament, you won’t get any success and that was typical of today and probably the two games prior to it"

Working hard doesn't make those passes those clowns Henderson and Shelvey failed to make from 5 yards away.

On another note, Zaha was a definite bomb missed, forget a bullet.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
--------- Steele
Clyne - Wisdom - Lees - Rose
-- Chabolah -- McEachran --
Zaha ---- Shelvey ------ Ince
-------- Wickham

VS

---------- DeGea
Montoya - Batra - Martinez - Moreno
--- Illarramendi --- Thiago -------
Tello ------- Koke --------- Isco
---------- Rodrigo

It would be hard for the England NT to beat this Spanish U21, its frightening to think what they would do to our U21 side

The depth and the quality of footballers that Spain is producing is frightening but its also a credit to the vision that has taken decades to come to fruition, England should copy it but we all know they wont

Enfield

Established Member
The problem with the English youth system is the same as the problem with the senior set-up.

You aim for a tournament with unrealistic high standards, you fall flat as you are not good enough and then have a massive over reaction and probably blame it on the massive amount of non eligible players playing in the PL.

The only difference between La Liga and the PL is Messi, Ronaldo and a few ogilarchs/sheikhs. How many english lads would even contemplate leaving england, there is a team of spanish lads playing in England.

None of your managers want to leave and neither do your players. Finally didn't Stuart Pearce set a record at Man City for the longest run of home games without scoring a goal. And the FA put him in charge of something other than making the tea..

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Enfield said:
The problem with the English youth system is the same as the problem with the senior set-up.

You aim for a tournament with unrealistic high standards, you fall flat as you are not good enough and then have a massive over reaction and probably blame it on the massive amount of non eligible players playing in the PL.

The only difference between La Liga and the PL is Messi, Ronaldo and a few ogilarchs/sheikhs. How many english lads would even contemplate leaving england, there is a team of spanish lads playing in England.

None of your managers want to leave and neither do your players. Finally didn't Stuart Pearce set a record at Man City for the longest run of home games without scoring a goal. And the FA put him in charge of something other than making the tea..
If I remember correctly it was 11 games without a goal

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Enfield said:

You're definitely right, but that being said. Why would you want to leave England when the average PL wage is 30k, your language is predominately number 1 (apart from Mandarin), your friends + family etc etc are all there and so on. I can see why, I personally would leave but then again I'm not completely English

On that note, I've also noticed that Eric Dier, some Scottish kid in Madrid and some English kid who plays in Malaga are all in foreign youth teams and are said to be the best of their age groups

Giroud

Established Member
Bigbludfire said:
On that note, I've also noticed that Eric Dier, some Scottish kid in Madrid and some English kid who plays in Malaga are all in foreign youth teams and are said to be the best of their age groups

Dier broke into the Sporting team during the second half of the season but considering they were utter **** over the season that may not be the biggest achievement. Everton took him on loan the season before but it didn't seem like they were too impressed.

Problem in England is the training. There are not enough qualified coaches and believe me I've experienced the huge difference. There are now two full time coaches at my club, one with the UEFA B License and I've improved so much as player since they arrived. His nephew went on a trial for Rayo Vallecano where there are 4 full time coaches dedicated to the U14 side, I'm not sure what is the standard is around the world but that sounds pretty good to me. No wonder they produce such good players in Spain as it is likely a lot of the other clubs are set up similarly.

Enfield

Established Member
If those three lads are abroad trying to make it then it suggests to me that they have a lot more belief in their football abilities and a lot more confidence in themselves to adapt to a foreign culture than most young english lads. Belief and confidence are two hugely important traits in making it as a pro..

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@AFCAcademy 2m
Arsenal are looking to hire a new Head of Education and Welfare at the youth academy.

Arsenal secure deal for Swedish striker Raage according to reports

Arsenal have completed the signing of Swedish striker Jamaal Raage from IF Brommapojkarna, according to the player’s agency.

Raage, who turned 16 in January and has scored two goals in four appearances for the Sweden U17 side, was one of several players who trialled with the club midway through last season and, after making a strong initial impression, was invited back to London Colney for further assessment.

He has now secured his move to North London and will form part of the club’s scholarship intake for the forthcoming campaign, acting as a direct replacement for Jordan Brown, whose move to West Ham United was officially confirmed today.

Raage is already familiar to many of Arsenal’s youngsters following his trial and is close friends with his compatriot Kristoffer Olsson, who made the move from Sweden to England two years ago and is now one of the club’s key players at U21 level.

Raage is Arsenal’s second signing at youth level following the high-profile acquisition of Dan Crowley from Aston Villa earlier this month, and is likely to be joined at the club next season by Barcelona defender Julio Pleguezuelo Selva, who is close to finalising his move.

With Chuba Akpom already firmly installed as part of the U21 set-up, Raage will provide competition for Austin Lipman in the U18s next season, whilst schoolboy strikers Kaylen Hinds, Olufela Olomola and Stephy Mavididi may also receive run-outs on occasion.
<a class="postlink" href="http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/arsenal-secure-deal-for-swedish-striker-raage-according-to-reports/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2013/ ... o-reports/</a>
Crowley, Sanogo, Julio Pleguezuelo and Raage - DONE
and people say we are quite movers in the transfer market :lol:

Raage looked good against Frankfurt and Singapore.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
SomGooner will be happy about this!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/threads/jamaal-raage.314277/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/threads/jamaal-raage.314277/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently Manure tried to sign him as a 13 year old. Don't scroll down in that thread past the opening post unless you want to be bombarded with spastic efforts at 'humour'.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Me too, i'd like him to take Arshavin's place given his contribution wasn't a big one. We don't have someone who'll come on and run at opponents and provide that spark. We had the Ox for that but he's gone a little more tame recently, Arshavin's been useless for a while. Think he's got a niche in the squad to fill.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Floating said:
How good is Isaac Hayden? Can anyone who watches him give us a report?

Best young CB at the club arguably (Miquel??). He's versatile (CB, RB, DM) and is almost as good at DM. Good on the ball, quick and very composed. He's also very intelligent and reads the game well.

As is customary with young CBs at Arsenal, he's not immune to mistakes - but more often than not he's been impressive.

Floating

Established Member
MutableEarth said:
Floating said:
How good is Isaac Hayden? Can anyone who watches him give us a report?

Best young CB at the club arguably (Miquel??). He's versatile (CB, RB, DM) and is almost as good at DM. Good on the ball, quick and very composed. He's also very intelligent and reads the game well.

As is customary with young CBs at Arsenal, he's not immune to mistakes - but more often than not he's been impressive.

Sounds exciting! Love your avatar as well mate.

Top Bottom