• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,127

Wouterus

Enfield said:
Does any one of the 6 lads going on tour have a chance of making an impact this season. Either with us or on loan in the prem. It’s a pity and also a little ominous that LeCoq couldn’t get a loan to the prem. Maybe with someone like Fulham, hell we could have even sent him to Celtic and watch him in the CL
What's wrong with Coquelin going on loan to a decent Bundesliga side like Freiburg? They finished 5th last season and will be in the Europa League. Excellent choice.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yuvken said:
jmsmtthw28 said:
l I am failing to see what's special about Gedion, do you guys feel the same?
He's rated in the same bracket as Wilshere/Cesc by Wenger and youth coaches do you guys see that as well?
I don't know if he's rated in the same bracket - when did the boss ever say that? but anyway - no, I don't feel the same. He's just very different to Jack (or cesc).
We've thus far seen very little of him, and he is not a la massia or Arsenal youth product. Still what you see there is very impressive - it was his debut (!), mind.
Boss can also make mistakes (denilson, etc.), but I can see why he thinks this one is special. A good idea would be not to jump all over him with cesc comparisons in the first few months. Let the boy breath. We'll see how good this bet is in due time.
He's considered as talented as Cesc/Wilshere by our coaching staff
Maybe we haven't seen enough of him

23AndreyArshavin

Established Member
Crowley

994207_563950863668604_591012385_n.jpg

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Martinez has traveled with the rest of the squad for the Asia tour, hopefully he will be our no.3 keeper next season

yuvken

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
He's considered as talented as Cesc/Wilshere by our coaching staff Maybe we haven't seen enough of him
I know he's rated very highly - I also think he's a big promise (within the limits of seeing just a bit), but how can you tell he's really ranked as high as cesc or Jack? it sometimes looks like "signs" - such things as "making the cut" for the Asia tour - the Asia tour! - are enough to get the fans saying things.
He is 16, he was promoted to the u-21, and he's training with the big boys on occasion. He's also going on the tour. OK. But we already know people think highly of him. I just don't know if he's considered the next cesc by anyone (and I'm not sure if this even means anything).

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Floating said:
jmsmtthw28 said:
He's considered as talented as Cesc/Wilshere by our coaching staff
Maybe we haven't seen enough of him

How would you know that, mate?
ask jeorgebird, decker 80 and afcacademy on twitter and they will tell you he's very highly rated by our coaching staff, he's expected to feature in the CC this season and Wenger might even given him a start if we get favorable draw in the CC.
P.S Yuken he trains with the first team regularly not on a few occasions

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Youngsters going to the Asia tour
Ignasi Miquel
Ryo
Serge Gnabry
Damian Martinez
Kris Olsson
Chuba Akpom
Thomas Eisfeld
Chuks Aneke
Gedion Zelalem
Yennaris is the only player left out that should have been given a chance
Campebell looks set to be heading out on loan again
Iggi will be 21 in a couple of months and he has yet to go on loan, Wenger should either send him out on loan or make him our 4th choice.

yuvken

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
P.S Yuken he trains with the first team regularly not on a few occasions
Yeah, ok - all this that you mention is stuff we know, and we are well aware there's a buzz around him, boss and staff (buzz started before he even got here).
So the argument is not about big differences - just this special category of "cesc" (and perhaps Jack) - which just means "best 16 yrs old player we've ever seen" - is a bit further than just "F***ing awesome, can't wait to see what will come out of him" (put the likes of Gnabry, maybe Ox in that one). Anyway - no biggy, obviously.
Trains with them regularly - well, he's not a part of the first team, this much is clear, right?

Vela

Established Member
I think AW has took to many midfielders for the pre-season tour and not enough defenders. Hayden and Yennaris would have made more sense going.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@AFCAcademy 5m
Yennaris had an impressive pre-season tour and played some admirable football last season, so to not be chosen hopefully means early loan.

@AFCAcademy 4m
Could be the same with Hayden. I remember him saying this early last season, dying to go on loan and gain experience.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But the really interesting one in the party for me is Gedion Zelalem. The 16-year-old midfielder is already being talked about as being better than Cesc Fabregas at the same age.

German youth international Zelalem has also lived in the US - which was where he was spotted by Arsenal - and he has also has Ethiopian heritage.

The interest in him is huge. When I wrote about him making his debut for Arsenal's under-21s in April - after getting international clearance - it was the most read story on Mirror Football even on a Monday after a frantic Premier League weekend and ahead of the Manchester derby that night.

Zelalem is big, strong and powerful. He dictates the pace of the game very well. He will surely get a chance to shine over the course of the next four games.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-tour-diary-gunners-ready-2047732#ixzz2YqCyQPMb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2YqCyQPMb</a>

the hype is there hopefully Zelalem will show something to justify the hype

yuvken

Established Member
Big, strong and powerful? dude been watching Chuks Aneke and writing about the Zel?
:D

I reckon he will be big and strong in due time, as this skinny frame will wear something on it till he's 19-20, but for now he looks more like a scarecrow. Doesn't seem to bother him dictating and holding very well, though.

Warship

Definitely stoked to see Zelalem play on the Asian tour amongst some of the other guys who we got to see a good bit of in the NextGen series last season.

Zelalem grew up and played about 20 minutes from where I live here in the states (north of DC) which is cool as well.

Speaking of reserves/U21's it sounds like Daniel Crowley is really impressing in his first friendly with the squad - @ArsenalReport doing play-by-play of the action say he's basically running the show against Sutton's U21's (impressive for a 15-year old kid)

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
‏@DanielNotaro 1h
Yeah so Crowley is special. Not to overhype him but flashes of Iniesta and Cesc more so than Jack.
@ArsenalLive 1h
Crowley, impressive in the opening stages, tries to set Siemann clear of the defence but his pass is slightly too heavy (20) 2-0
@ArsenalLive 1h
GOAL FOR ARSENAL! The diminutive Crowley wriggles his way to the byline before pulling the ball back for Jebb to stroke home (41) 4-1
@ArsenalLive 1h
It's nearly five - and again Crowley is heavily involved. The 15-year-old sets Jebb through on goal but the midfielder pokes wide (43) 4-1
@AFCAcademy 9m
Jebb, Crowley and Hayden were by far the best on the pitch. I can see Crowley having a handful of U21 chances when players go on loan.
@HctrPan 15m
Dan Crowley had an impressive debut today, involved in everything apparently! Flashes of Jacky Wilshere in this kid! #Arsenal #AFC #Crowley
@PadraigAFC 1h
Dan Crowley is 15 and he's running the show for ARSENAL's U21's and already as two assists on his debut. Incredible!
Arsenal U21 won 4-3 against Sutton United with all four goals coming in the first half. Jebb, Hayden, Crowley were the best players on the pitch for the U21 and Wellington impressed alongside Raage in the second half
<a class="postlink" href="http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/debuts-aplenty-as-arsenal-u21s-edge-past-sutton-in-friendly/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2013/ ... -friendly/</a>

Meade is on trial with Swansea, hopefully he signs for them

a_fourteen

Established Member
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
He seems like he's literally living the dream by playing for us. He should at least get a few games (senior or reserve) before we write him off here.
I'd be careful writing Wellington off too soon. Remember he's only 20 and has already got more experience than his peers like Aneke and Eisfeld. If he's settled down in Europe and can get residency next year he's worth bringing over for the squad.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gedion Zelalem through ball for Eisfeld
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOYCAUogi-E&feature=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOYCAUo ... e=youtu.be</a>

Zelalem played another through ball for Akpom that was ruled offside incorrectly, technically Gedion reminded me of Özil but I thought he lacked the final ball (clearly I was wrong)

yuvken

Established Member
the hype is there hopefully Zelalem will show something to justify the hype
:lol: You asked for it, didn't you?

Started a new thread about the emergence of this guy. It's not a reserve thing anymore - it's a force of nature :D . It's more like a new era.
I'm hyping, so?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom