• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,774
  • Views 1,157,027

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Chamberlain came off at HT. I didn't get a stream but from reading the updates he seemed to be the main threat, he set up a few chances and nearly scored one himself. Arsène probably wants him in the squad for Monday so he said he'd only give him 45.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
CurryFlavoured said:
Chamberlain came off at HT. I didn't get a stream but from reading the updates he seemed to be the main threat, he set up a few chances and nearly scored one himself. Arsène probably wants him in the squad for Monday so he said he'd only give him 45.

Yeah, he sounded lively from the updates.

We've scored by the way - Eisfeld (who else).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
could be big result for U21 cuz Fulham U21 are unbeaten this season.

good to See AOC played well.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We had a strong team out there though admittedly. Frimpong and Olsson in midfield, AOC and Ryo on each wing with Eisfeld behind Afobe. Hayden, Yenarris and BOO too.

That's a tough team for most teams at that level to face. I think as we get more loans, we'll see a much younger, more vulnerable team being played.

Expect to see more of O'Connor, Moore, Zelalem, Crowley, Mavididi, Iwobi, Maitland Niles, Toral etc in this team.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Seriously what's the deal with Eisfeld? The guy scores regularly and seems genuine quality. Why isn't he training with the first team?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
a_fourteen said:
Seriously what's the deal with Eisfeld? The guy scores regularly and seems genuine quality. Why isn't he training with the first team?

He scores but doesn't really do much else. Drifts in and out of games and the fact that he scores a lot kinda masks that. He's clearly an intelligent footballer, so I imagine that it's his off-the-ball game that benefits the team because I'm not that impressed by him on the ball other than his finishing.

I made a comment earlier in this thread that the similarity between Eisfeld and Gnabry is that they both drift in on games and the key to one of them making the first team more often is the ability to consistently affect the outcome of a game beyond scoring. Gnabry has since gone on to prove he can do that, while Eisfeld scored but didn't put in a good performance in the 1 first team game he played this season.

I don't think it's over for Eisfeld, but he needs a loan and needs to develop his game a bit more. He's got the intelligence, movement and he can ghost into very good positions, but he needs to have a more consistent contribution to the games he plays in because if he doesn't score then he doesn't offer much outside of that.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yuvken said:
More details? never heard (how old? where from? can he be BU for Gibbsy? :) :( )
Tyrell is 15, english and an attacking LB.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTb_xfvCtUo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTb_xfvCtUo</a>
Should be a regular for the U18s next season.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@AFCAcademy 11h
Bola, Blanchfield, Da Graca, Dobson, Ejaria, Hinds, Jordan, Johnson, Mavididi, Olomola, Robinson & Willock have all benn offered scholars.

@zwz121 They have all accepted, and been taken on. Girling and Addai haven’t. Not sure about a few others.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Under-21s team to play Boro: Macey, Yennaris, Ajayi, Pleguezuelo, Ormonde-Ottewill, Maitland-Niles, Olsson, Hayden, Eisfeld, Crowley, Afobe
Arsenal Under-21s subs: Iliev, Moore, O'Connor, Kamara, Iwobi

Update
@Arsenal 1m
#Arsenal are forced to make a change. Crowley leaves the pitch on a stretcher and is replaced by Alex Iwobi 1-3 (60)
First start in the reserves for Crowley and he goes off in a stretcher

E

Enoch

Dutch coach Andries Jonker, who is currently assistant manager at Bundesliga side Wolfsburg, will succeed Liam Brady as the head of Arsenal’s youth Academy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.arseblog.com/2014/01/report-dutchman-tipped-to-succeed-brady-as-academy-director/?utm_source=feedburner.com%2Farseblognews&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblognews+%28Arseblog+News+-+the+Arsenal+news+site%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.arseblog.com/2014/01/report ... ws+site%29</a>

GDeep™

League is very weak
Brings recent high level experience having held important positions at Bayern Munich and Barcelona in the last 10 years. I don't think you can have too many Dutchman at your club either, so I'm pretty excited by this type of appointment.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Lot of Dutch Arsenal fans unhappy with his appointment. Apparently he's poorly rated in Holland and only gets big jobs because of Van Gaal rather than football knowledge. So mixed views - most wanted Bergkamp.

I have very little knowledge of this man's expertise and what he will bring to his role as head of the academy so we'll see, but the general consensus is that this isn't the right appointment and there is hope that Daily Mail are wrong. Make of that what you will....

Top Bottom