• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,956

musicmonkey

Established Member
Wrighty4eva said:
Iceman10 said:
yousif_arsenal said:
Joel Campbell and Diaby play for the reserve today game against Westbrom. I understand Diaby is playing to get fully fit but why Joel Campbell?

It could be to do with him playing in the Greek Superleague last season, and even though he played in the WC, the PL is a big step up. AW probably just wants to ground him more in training and these type of games and work him in slowly. Pretty sure AW would have told him his plans, looks like he is here to stay anyway, which is the most important thing.
This sounds a Tad ridiculous wengers blooding Campbell in by playing him in an under 21 reserve game??, looks more to me that Wenger just doesn't fancy him much and will be looking to offload him when the right offer comes along.
If Wenger didn't rate him he'd have been gone by now, there's been plenty of interest over the last 2 years and Betis seemed very keen after his spell there.

Wenger also came out and said he wanted him here and put down any speculation he'd go so i'm not sure what you're basing this off?

I think it's too early to say, Rosicky hasn't featured so far but i don't expect him to get sold at the next opportunity. I think he's saving players like Rosicky and Campbell for when the fixtures really get heavy and with the way our performances have been outright poor for most of the start of the season, i certainly wouldn't be gambling on throwing second choice players in there until things are clicking more.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://player.arsenal.com/player/5373-under-21s-v-west-brom-h" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://player.arsenal.com/player/5373-u ... est-brom-h</a>

Highlights here...

Akpom looked really impressive even though it's just highlights.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Michael Gooner ‏@MickTheGooner
Reports Chuba Akpom is close to joining Feyenoord on loan. Definitely a step up & the experience will hopefully benefit Arsenal long-term.

Feyenoord?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yes!

Will be able to watch him on sky, he'll tear it up in Holland, everybody will want him next summer. :cool:

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I'd love that, would be able to keep a close eye on him and I might even catch a Feyenoord game or two in the flesh this season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Huge loan, that. He'll get lots of space though in that league, so I assume its to build his confidence more than anything.

He'll get quite a bit of playing time I feel - Feyenoord need a striker. I'd be extremely intrigued to see him play in a top flight league and possibly Europa aswell!

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Would be great. Nothing in the Dutch media yet. Last thing I read in Dutch was that Akpom was no option anymore for Feyenoord because of the Giroud injury.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
clockwork orange said:
Would be great. Nothing in the Dutch media yet. Last thing I read in Dutch was that Akpom was no option anymore for Feyenoord because of the Giroud injury.

Yeah, I read the same in the Independent, that Wenger wants to keep Akpom at the club. Suggests he'll get minutes for us but I really think he needs a proper run of games.

dutchgoon

Would ****ing love to see Chuba at Feyenoord as a Feyenoord/Arsenal fan. Would bench the current striker without a doubt.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
GunnerGetYah said:
Theo has had his speed record broken by Bellerin....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2723154/Arsenal-s-Theo-Walcott-40m-club-sprint-record-broken-Hector-Bellerin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... lerin.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that is pretty strange

Floating

Established Member
YeahBee said:
So which defenders can be used in the cup games to rest our senior defenders, (all six of them)...

Bellerin, Chambers, Monreal, Hayden? There's also the likes of Pleguezuelo and Ajayi who are highly rated, but further away from the first team.

Buhry

Established Member

Akpom looks a LOT more promising than Sanogo tbh, better technically, quicker feet, looks more composed and looks like he has better finishing technique. Might be a bit lightweight for now but I hope to see him get some chances in the league cup this year.

Iceman10

Established Member
YeahBee said:
So which defenders can be used in the cup games to rest our senior defenders, (all six of them)...

Bellerin would be a good shout for the Capital One Cup match against Southampton, Hayden borderline because of the opposition despite it just being a Capital One Cup tie. Chambers will rest one of Kos and Mert as well, even though he is a first team player I don't think he will necessarily be a regular first team player, so rest for him won't be an issue.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Surprised there haven't been more loans.

Akpom really needs the game time, dunno why he's still here. What more is he gonna learn against U21 defenses when he's already battered most of them? Needs first team football.

Iceman10

Established Member
^ Windows for loans to Championship clubs are quite wide, running from early in Sep to some time in November I think, and then a similar duration from early Feb onwards for the second half of the season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Iceman10 said:
^ Windows for loans to Championship clubs are quite wide, running from early in Sep to some time in November I think, and then a similar duration from early Feb onwards for the second half of the season.

I may be mistaken but I don't think there's a restriction for lower league clubs with loans, I think last year Portsmouth had all their players on month long loan deals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom