• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
This has been rumoured for a while. I'll be honest, I thought it was bollocks.

Apparently it's with a view to becoming a coach under Houllier. In the meantime I'm sure he can do a job if called upon.

Big name signing for once! Just a shame it's about 5 years too late for him ;)

Eirico

Having your thin squad in mind and with all of your youngsters coming through, getting an experienced player with winning mentality does seem like a reasonable move. Particulary if he's going to join your coaching set up too.

But not sure what level Boabby is at atm.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Well he was playing last seaosn and he's been trainning with you lot this season hasn't he? So I reckon he won't be far off match fitness.

We know we're not getting a player in his prime, but I think it's a sensible move.

After all, Pires is younger than McAllister was when he signed for Liverpool under Houllier, and he was a quality signing for them!

Biggus

Established Member
Bossa said:
WOW, we actually play them already next week.

Cole, Campbell, Pires, Kolo, Vieira. So many invincibles who still play in the EPL.
Yep 4-5 years after Wenger consigned them to the rubbish bin to built a bright new side of stars.

4-5 glorious silver spangled years.........

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Been a long time since I saw that goal last time. Pure quality. And what a great pass from Freddie too.

Biggus said:
Bossa said:
WOW, we actually play them already next week.

Cole, Campbell, Pires, Kolo, Vieira. So many invincibles who still play in the EPL.
Yep 4-5 years after Wenger consigned them to the rubbish bin to built a bright new side of stars.
Not one of them is better than the players we have now. Well I suppose Cole is but no one would want him back anyway.

Biggus

Established Member
I'm not saying that we should have kept the whole Invicible line up together Klaus, but there would have been been limited roles for them like Campbell for example.
I think Vieira is just there for the money, but I think Pires Gilberto and Lehmann were let go too soon.
I obviously don't want A. Hole back in any capacity.

squallkid

Established Member
Some of us wish that Cashley never left

Put your torches and pitchforks away.

The man is a ****, a greedy horrible, ungrateful, piece of **** on a stick idiot but Damn it he's the best left back in the world and if he never left Christ knows where we would be now.

But he is a **** and he did leave and Clichy has ****ed us over numerous times

Rorz

Established Member
squallkid said:

The man is a ****, a greedy horrible, ungrateful, piece of **** on a stick idiot but Damn it he's the best left back in the world and if he never left Christ knows where we would be now.

But he is a **** and he did leave and Clichy has ****** us over numerous times
Clichy, by and large, played very well the first couple of seasons after Cole left, and was showing promising signs before that. Letting Cole leave was probably the right thing to do, if he didn't want to stay. Besides, it was the deal we got that was so disappointing, not Cole leaving.

viper_001

Established Member
squallkid said:

But he is a **** and he did leave and Clichy has ****** us over numerous times

It doesn't matter if he was the 2nd coming of Maradona. No player is bigger than the club, and for a local lad who played for Arsenal since he was 9 to do that is unforgivable.

burnsjed

Established Member
Biggus said:
I'm not saying that we should have kept the whole Invicible line up together Klaus, but there would have been been limited roles for them like Campbell for example.
I think Vieira is just there for the money, but I think Pires Gilberto and Lehmann were let go too soon.
I obviously don't want A. Hole back in any capacity.

i don't think any of those players were let go too early, the problem was never the timing of when the players left, but lies with their replacements, they had all peaked, and were clearly in a down path. IMO anyway before I get accused of stating it as fact!

Lukazan

Established Member
I think Pires could have been kept on for another season, but only one more and in a very bit-part role. Isn't that exactly what was offered to him?

I think Gilberto could have been kept though.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Had Australian A-League highlights on mute on the TV the other day when a familiar looking face appeared giving an interview. It was Francis Jeffers! :lol:

He's playing alongside Michael Bridges who you'll remember breaking through at Leeds when they were in the Champions League.

dave_rwr

Established Member
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=847483&sec=england&cc=5901

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish has revealed Alexander Hleb felt embarrassed by his omission for the victory over Chelsea.

He returned to the starting line-up for the 1-1 draw against Fulham, providing the assist for Seb Larsson's goal before suffering a hamstring injury, but McLeish has warned the player he has to work for his place.

"I've repeatedly told him that he is not fit enough to start games," he said. "He was disappointed not to start against Chelsea.

"He thought it was a slight and was a bit embarrassed by that. A top player thinks he can just walk into the team, but it doesn't work like that."

Birmingham host local rivals Aston Villa in the Carling Cup on Wednesday.

Poor, poor Hleb. His career since leaving us has been like a big, expensive game of hot potato.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
He redeemed himself on Saturday though. It was a high quality assist from him where he showed why his dribbling and close control were among the best in the world.

Top Bottom