• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
For Tottenham against New York on Tuesday night, William Gallas was a nonfactor, looking rather bewildered (but then, that's a common look for him), and David Bentley was awful, and looked very unhappy to have a Yank in a 1971 Arsenal replica shirt keep calling him an Arsenal reject. (Oh yeah, he heard me.)

dpt49

Established Member
Uncle Mike said:
For Tottenham against New York on Tuesday night, William Gallas was a nonfactor, looking rather bewildered (but then, that's a common look for him), and David Bentley was awful, and looked very unhappy to have a Yank in a 1971 Arsenal replica shirt keep calling him an Arsenal reject. (Oh yeah, he heard me.)
Nice one.
I can't believe spuds paid more money for him than we have paid for any player.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hopefully true about us ditching Stuart Robson, weird to see his mug on Arse.com on a Monday talking tactics, this after a weekend spent laying into Wenger and some of the players.

Le Professeur

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Nasri is hilariously good looking

2ewiirm.jpg

blaze_of_glory

Not sure if this has been posted else where, but seems appropriate here.

All of Fabregas' assists for Arsenal (unofficial count).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRTt1f2I3yA&feature=g-all-lik" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRTt1f2I ... =g-all-lik</a>

Uncle Mike

Established Member
dpt49 said:
THunter said:
Nope, Henry for me, Dennis is a close second.
Henry was a better player, just, but Bergkamp was the first of the great foreigners in the great double winning sides Wenger assembled.

I'd have these three,
1. Bergkamp
2. Henry
3. Vieria
as the greatest players we have had.

Hopefully we might see both Henry and Bergkamp here in a coaching capacity soon.
In terms of talent and performance, Henry is the best we've ever had. However, as far as raising Arsenal's profile worldwide, Bergkamp is the most important Arsenal player.

In terms of importance to the club's history, it goes like this:

1. Founders such as David Danskin and Fred Beardsley
2. Henry Norris for saving the club in 1910 and hiring...
3. Herbert Chapman, who put in place the system that survived him and was still bringing in success 20 years later
4. Don Howe, who was really the man behind both Bertie Mee's and Terry Neill's teams, and finally as manager gave the first chances to several of the great players, including Tony Adams and David Rocastle, who were turned into champions by...
5. George Graham, no other Arsenal figure combined success, let alone such success, as player and manager

All of whom set up the possibility of signing Bergkamp, and then bringing in Arsène Wenger and everyone he brought in.

Back to the subject of Henry: I'm starting to wonder if he might be trying to get back to Arsenal. The way Hans Backe is using him over here is perplexing. I could easily see the man getting frustrated, thinking, "This isn't what I signed up for. You know I can still do it, why won't you let me?" Maybe Backe doesn't know it. But there are times when I'm sitting closer to Henry than Backe is. Sure, he's lost a step, but he's still got steps most players never had. The speed isn't what it was, but the skills are still tremendous. And I don't think Backe sees it.

The great thing about Henry being in New York/New Jersey is that he doesn't have to prove anything. The players who do, his teammates, he's been happy to help. Whatever you think of his captaincy at Arsenal, he's been a true leader and encourager here.

jerome2158

Established Member
Almunia praised Arsène and the club apparently. Good for him. I never much cared for him as our number 1, but all things considered, he's been good about what happened to him. I can't recall him fussing about being dropped or anything like that, and he never bad mouthed the club for the way he was treated.

admittedly, that is the way a footballer should behave in any case, but it's become increasingly rare, especially at our club.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
jerome2158 said:
Almunia praised Arsène and the club apparently. Good for him. I never much cared for him as our number 1, but all things considered, he's been good about what happened to him. I can't recall him fussing about being dropped or anything like that, and he never bad mouthed the club for the way he was treated.

admittedly, that is the way a footballer should behave in any case, but it's become increasingly rare, especially at our club.
I never thought he was a bad guy. Just a bad goalkeeper. With bad hair.

I wish him luck, but I'm glad he's not our problem anymore.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HtUv1QyrO4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HtUv1QyrO4</a>
had to post this, one of the reasons i became an arsenal fan ..

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Easy to forget just how good he was when you have had strikers like Bergkamp and Henry more recently than him. Brilliant player.

Airknight

Established Member
Cesc Fàbregas Soler ‏@cesc4official

I'm so happy to hear that my mate Santi Cazorla is finally a gooner. Top guy, special player. A great signing! Come onnn!

:lol: come back here you squad player.

Top Bottom