• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

glaveror

psycho said:
Who would take Cesc back?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8393688/Cesc-Fabregas-could-return-to-Arsenal-one-day-according-to-Ars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ing-to-Ars</a>ène-Wenger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's some wishful thinking right there,I don't see that **** returning here in any way or form while he's still useful.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

lol Agreed. Wenger is offkey nowadays though.

I also do not get the hate for RvP tbh and I wasn't even one of his biggest fan before his last 2 seasons.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
dpt49 said:
Why do so many people hate RVP?
What's he done wrong?

How long have you got?

:lol:

Good answer. Tbh, we need to work harder to be more successful if we want to keep quality players, but this is old news.

kooldawg

Established Member
a_fourteen said:
dpt49 said:
Why do so many people hate RVP?
What's he done wrong?

He told Wenger he wanted to play with better players." Wenger told him, and the media, we would be buying "super quality" players and then every transfer window we end up with bargain basement rubbish like Chamakh, Park and Squillaci.

He is almost thirty and he was never going to win the league if he stayed here, so he moved to a club where he has more chance of a trophy.

Also he was earning only marginally more than the players I mentioned, and also several more that couldn't even get on the bench.

Who wouldn't have done the same thing?

He has more than doubled his wages and is playing for a club where winning a trophies happens quite frequently, rather than a club that considers fourth place a trophy.

Calling him a traitor is just childish.
Remember he pretty much got us our "trophy" of fourth place last season, single handedly.
He owes us nothing, and I will remember him as one of our best players.
“Arsenal showed faith in Robin when he was going through a lean time, so we should not repay them by thinking about other clubs."
- Bouchra van Persie

And he didn't, the decision to sell him to Manchester United was Wenger's and the clubs.

a_fourteen

Established Member
kooldawg said:
And he didn't, the decision to sell him to Manchester United was Wenger's and the clubs.
Statement from Robin van Persie:
"This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.
"As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.
"I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days.
"Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.
"I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.
I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch.
"I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments."

evoh_1

Established Member
a_fourteen said:
kooldawg said:
"This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.
"As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.
"I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days.
"Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.
"I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.
I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch.
"I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments."

You know he still had 1 year left right? Make out like we had to sell him as his contract was up the next month, united will walk another title on his goals and we gave him on a plate to them over a phonecall.

It is understood Van Persie was encouraged by the arrivals of Germany forward Lukas Podolski, France striker Olivier Giroud and Spain midfielder Cazorla - to the point where he was open to the idea of staying with or without a new contract.

-- David Ornstein, BBC

Arsenal sold him and have to live with the consquences for us and our supposed rivals. For example if he still was putting up the numbers with us this year wihtout a new contract he would probably end up in madrid not manchester and we could at least deal with him winning the league outside of england.

a_fourteen

Established Member
evoh_1 said:
a_fourteen said:
kooldawg said:

You know he still had 1 year left right? Make out like we had to sell him as his contract was up the next month, united will walk another title on his goals and we gave him on a plate to them over a phonecall.

It is understood Van Persie was encouraged by the arrivals of Germany forward Lukas Podolski, France striker Olivier Giroud and Spain midfielder Cazorla - to the point where he was open to the idea of staying with or without a new contract.

-- David Ornstein, BBC

Arsenal sold him and have to live with the consquences for us and our supposed rivals. For example if he still was putting up the numbers with us this year wihtout a new contract he would probably end up in madrid not manchester and we could at least deal with him winning the league outside of england.
dont do this to yourself man. he wanted out and no club will chuck 24 mil. he put a gun to wenger's head. the old boy is not mad to groom this fck for 7 seasons and then sell him to his biggest rival. i feel for wenger in this case.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
On JVP: First of all I was really pissed off when he went to our rivals. What pissed me off even more was the way he announced it and what really made the bucket spill was his talk about a childhood dream ( to play for the Mancs). A childhood dream of that kid wearing and Arsenal shirt? Understand he wanted to play elsewhere, but his 'goodbye' was a middlefinger, twice.

A statement for the fans who supported him about how gutted he was he had to leave his dreamclub (Arsenal) to achieve the trophees, he wanted, wouldn't have made the move to the Mancs any better, but would have made me milder when it comes to criticism.

Now I've to say I liked Cantona more than him. At least Cantona didn't play for us.

This doesn't take anything away from what he did when playing for us. It's just all a useless memory.

Don't get the 'crying in the EPL thread' either. Watching the Mancs annoyed me anyway, now even more.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
No matter which team he chose between Manure, City or Chelsea he would still be where he's at today...at the top of the league.

Some of you guys seem to have realised only now how good Robin is. :lol:

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Guess who's played a major role in this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262654/Manchester-United-squad-best-English-football-history.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... story.html</a>

mo50

Established Member
Very interesting interview with Tony Adams in The Independent. He touches on a lot of talking points regarding the club. Some parts I found interesting:

On joining the coaching staff:
"I went to see Arsène [Wenger] a couple of times," Adams says. "He put Steve [Bould] and Neil Banfield up there; fine, that's his decision, he is the boss. I said to the board, 'Do you want me to advise or talk to you?' I have got a statue outside! And they have not responded. I'm kind of cool with it. I know how this game works. It is bonkers.

On United wanting him:
"In 1991, Bryan Robson came up to me at an England get-together and said, '£90,000-a-year to join United'. I said, 'I'm a London lad, I'm happy'. I turned down a pay rise of 15 grand, which was an absolute fortune in those days. In 1996 Alex Ferguson came knocking again.

"In 1996, I had just sobered up. I had a meeting with David Dein and Ken Friar and said, 'What are we doing [at Arsenal]?' They said, 'We're going for it. Danny Fiszman has invested £50m.' We bought David Platt, Dennis Bergkamp; then Arsène came in, then the French guys and I got the best contract of my career. It went from £300,000 up to £1m and I thought, 'Oh my god, I'll stay! We're going to try to win the league.'

On our defending:
"I don't agree with the way he rotates his central defenders," Adams says. "It's an area of the pitch [where] you need familiarity. This is the argument I would have with him. His full-backs are too offensive.

"If I was playing alongside Steve one week and then Martin Keown, I could cope but it's different. Per Mertesacker is a zonal defender and Koscielny is a man-to-man marker. They do different things. In front, Mikel Arteta is trying to the best of his ability, but in his mind he is not defensive."

On Wenger:
"Arsène will do what Arsène wants to do," Adams says. "I played with him for six years, I have met him a few times. The more I get to know him the less I know him. I haven't got a clue how that man thinks, or how he works. He is a difficult man to fathom."

link

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
The more you read Adams talk the more you begin to accept that Arsène is indeed a dictator. Adams deserves more respect than what the club is affording him right now and fvck the statue, they only did it just to please the fans and its clear that Arsène doesn't want him anywhere near London Colney. Very sad.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I don't know, he's certainly not helping his case with all the talk in the media.

The more I get to know him the less I know him. I haven't got a clue how that man thinks, or how he works.

No matter whether the club has done him wrong or not, it's difficult to see Wenger working with someone who talks like this.

leo_ense

Established Member
To me it seems Adams was desperate for a coaching job at Arsenal, but never got the call. He is quite obviously the greatest Arsenal captain I can remember but the way he comes across sometimes can be a little childish. Whether that's out of his passion for the club, or a little bit of resentment who knows.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
SomGooner said:
The more you read Adams talk the more you begin to accept that Arsène is indeed a dictator. Adams deserves more respect than what the club is affording him right now and fvck the statue, they only did it just to please the fans and its clear that Arsène doesn't want him anywhere near London Colney. Very sad.

Just because you're a great player doesn't mean you're a suitable fit for a coaching role, maybe he is but then again maybe he isn't

Fans have a misconception that our great defenders will become Grahamesque tacticians and defensive coaches, which isn't necessarily true.

TheCourier

SomGooner said:

I'm sorry but since Adams time as our captain fantastic he has not merited or deserved any coaching role within the club. His coaching careers says it all. He's emotional and my belief after seeing the whinging he's been doing in the media since been turned down and seeing bould get the job is disgraceful and would worry those within the arsenal setup that he could be disruptive. I agree with another comment here. Just cause he was captain don't merit a coaching role.

Some should ask the question how he went about getting the role also and remember that there is only one person giving one side of the story. Arsène as always is not willing to air his laundry in the media.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
SomGooner said:
Guess who's played a major role in this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262654/Manchester-United-squad-best-English-football-history.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... story.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Makes you wonder why, if they're so good, they also require so much help. Ho hum.

jus2nang

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,20699_8417689,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 89,00.html</a>

Very good interview actually. Shreeves tries to coax him into putting the club down but he has none of it. Didn't have a single negative word and only spoke about how great the club is.

All the people that have been on his back should watch this.

Bouchra

jus2nang said:
http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,20699_8417689,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very good interview actually. Shreeves tries to coax him into putting the club down but he has none of it. Didn't have a single negative word and only spoke about how great the club is.

All the people that have been on his back should watch this.
Saw it yesterday, nice interview indeed.

I threw up a bit when he said 'Giggsy' though.

Top Bottom