• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, Anthony Knockaert, I felt sorry for him at the final whistle though. He looked devastated tbf to him, and anyone can miss a penalty.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
He dived to win it though, if he had scored he would've cheated Watford out of an opportunity of playing in the Premier League. I have zero sympathy for him.

mo50

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JgUevnYJOvI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... gUevnYJOvI</a>

Almunia was a hero. And that was the most ridiculous 30 seconds of football this season.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Tangy99 said:
Robin talking a load of **** to the cameras after man u's game. Said Ferguson is the best manager ever, kissed his arse and generally came across as the least genuine guy I've ever heard speak. That is of course, only if you know how good he is at PR. Man U fans will believe every word.

Sorry, maybe I watched the wrong interview, but the one that I saw he said nothing even remotely disrespectful about Wenger in.

The interviewer asked him how he felt when he heard that Ferguson was retiring and he basically said that it was different for him because he was new to the club, but it was a great experience in working with him and he was an amazing person on and off the field. I listened carefully to see if he was going to have a dig at Arsenal or Wenger, but he made sure that didn't say anything that could be misinterpreted.

I know it's easy to have a go at him, but surely we don't accuse him of things he never said?

If he gave more then one interview then fair enough, but as I said, the one that I saw broadcasted he answered very carefully.

wengerboy

Established Member
mo50 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JgUevnYJOvI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Almunia was a hero. And that was the most ridiculous 30 seconds of football this season.

I would to experience a victory like that as an arsenal fan one time (was too young for Thomas!!!)

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
wengerboy said:
mo50 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JgUevnYJOvI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would to experience a victory like that as an arsenal fan one time (was too young for Thomas!!!)

You clearly didn't watch the Reading game earlier on this season in the COC.

jerome2158

Established Member
I would assume he meant in terms of significance. Woohoo, we came back against a side we should have easily beaten, in an early stage of a cup we didn't win. Exciting match for sure, but not monumental.

Almunia was always good with penalties. No denying it. He'd somehow let in a howler between his legs from 30 yards out, and then make a sprawling double save off a penalty. It never made sense.

As for RVP... a lot of bitterness in here. Of course he's going to praise Fergie and United. He did in his first year there what he likely never would have accomplished in his career here. He's not going to lift the trophy and declare his gratitude to the manager of a rival club.

outlaw_member

Established Member
It's quite strange how so many of our fringe players are neglected by purchasing clubs. I mean, the likes of Denilson and Almunia have so much experience at the highest level, yet even decent sides like say Everton or Newcastle wouldn't gamble on them.

evoh_1

Established Member
RvP is a PR machine he has a future in politics he knows what to say and how to address people, Wenger has been the greatest influence on his career as he would in reality never have won a thing without his support and development.

I'm sure behind closed doors Robin knows this and also would not have been so up for going to united only to have to work under a new man getting his feet under the table while robin gets older.

I've got lots of time for watford good few friends support them and it will be a good away day next season if they go up, also zola and the udinese owner are doing a great job with them.

dpt49

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
It's quite strange how so many of our fringe players are neglected by purchasing clubs. I mean, the likes of Denilson and Almunia have so much experience at the highest level, yet even decent sides like say Everton or Newcastle wouldn't gamble on them.
We are one of the only clubs who pay mediocre players the sort wages that top class players deserve.

Denilson is no better than a fairly competent mid table midfielder.
No club in their right mind would pay the wages that we are paying him.

evoh_1

Established Member
Everton don't pay Fellaini or Baines 50k a week, they are hardly liekyl to take on nikky B or Denilson on those wages, you need to find a nutter club like monaco or a russian job (or arsenal) to pay those wages to players of their talent.

Tangy99

Cudareli said:
Tangy99 said:
Robin talking a load of **** to the cameras after man u's game. Said Ferguson is the best manager ever, kissed his arse and generally came across as the least genuine guy I've ever heard speak. That is of course, only if you know how good he is at PR. Man U fans will believe every word.

Sorry, maybe I watched the wrong interview, but the one that I saw he said nothing even remotely disrespectful about Wenger in.

The interviewer asked him how he felt when he heard that Ferguson was retiring and he basically said that it was different for him because he was new to the club, but it was a great experience in working with him and he was an amazing person on and off the field. I listened carefully to see if he was going to have a dig at Arsenal or Wenger, but he made sure that didn't say anything that could be misinterpreted.

I know it's easy to have a go at him, but surely we don't accuse him of things he never said?

If he gave more then one interview then fair enough, but as I said, the one that I saw broadcasted he answered very carefully.

He did indeed give 2 interviews whilst on the pitch and it was the second that I found disrespectful. However, in hindsight, I will admit he was put on the spot a little and it wasn't a dig at Wenger.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Man has this guy fallen should have stayed with us, im sure wenger would have persisted and got the best out of him <a class="postlink" href="http://hereisthecity.com/2013/03/25/fran-merida-on-joining-arsenal-i-thought-i-was-right/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hereisthecity.com/2013/03/25/fra ... was-right/</a>

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
The player I truly feel sorry for is Hleb. The guy was a wizard on the ball and very important for Cesc both on and off the pitch.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
With the sacking of Roberto Mancini at Manchester City, 3 former Arsenal players are managers at Football League clubs:

Brian Kidd, Manchester City (caretaker)
Brian McDermott, Leeds United
Chris Kiwomya, Notts County

Yeah, Kiwomya was a surprise. Tony Adams has managed at Wycombe Wanderers, Portsmouth (caretaker) and Azerbaijan club Gabala. Paul Mariner was fired as manager of Canadian club Toronto FC in January.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Wrighty4eva said:
Man has this guy fallen should have stayed with us, im sure wenger would have persisted and got the best out of him <a class="postlink" href="http://hereisthecity.com/2013/03/25/fran-merida-on-joining-arsenal-i-thought-i-was-right/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hereisthecity.com/2013/03/25/fra ... was-right/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hate this little prick.

Rather then admitting he screwed his career up and chased first team football to early by leaving Arsenal, he continues to blame the club for his regression.

If he couldn't make it at Arsenal, he sure as hell wasn't going to make it at Barcelona.

He should have stuck it out and given himself more time to develop here. Instead he chose to find first team football and the rest is history.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Wrighty4eva said:
Man has this guy fallen should have stayed with us, im sure wenger would have persisted and got the best out of him <a class="postlink" href="http://hereisthecity.com/2013/03/25/fran-merida-on-joining-arsenal-i-thought-i-was-right/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hereisthecity.com/2013/03/25/fra ... was-right/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hate this little prick.

Rather then admitting he screwed his career up and chased first team football to early by leaving Arsenal, he continues to blame the club for his regression.

If he couldn't make it at Arsenal, he sure as hell wasn't going to make it at Barcelona.

He should have stuck it out and given himself more time to develop here. Instead he chose to find first team football and the rest is history.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Vieira is taking over the City U21's apparently since a few of their coaching staff have left, saw a tweet from either SSN or the BBC but can't find it.

Loken

Interesting question, if you could have one ex-player in their prime and fit them into our side, who would you take?

Apart from the obvious like Henry, Vieira and such. I think Pires would suit this system a lot better, running at defenders and constantly on the move.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom