• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
We do need a bastard like Lauren in the side, but if we're going for maximum need-filling with minimum personnel (one man), it's got to be Vieira. He'll create more chances, and he won't take any crap, from the opposition OR his own guys.

burnsjed

Established Member
I thought we were supposedly not doing the obvious?

Loken said:
Interesting question, if you could have one ex-player in their prime and fit them into our side, who would you take?

Apart from the obvious like Henry, Vieira and such. I think Pires would suit this system a lot better, running at defenders and constantly on the move.

viper_001

Established Member
musicmonkey said:
Vieira is taking over the City U21's apparently since a few of their coaching staff have left, saw a tweet from either SSN or the BBC but can't find it.

D4zNRdg.png

dpt49

Established Member
burnsjed said:
A player like Manu Petit (in the 1998 season) would do wonders for this team right now.
Petit and Vieira were the best midfield partnership I have seen in the PL.

dpt49

Established Member
Loken said:
Interesting question, if you could have one ex-player in their prime and fit them into our side, who would you take?

Apart from the obvious like Henry, Vieira and such. I think Pires would suit this system a lot better, running at defenders and constantly on the move.
Any of Adams, Keown, Vieira would be great for this team.
They were all winners, all leaders and all mentally strong players.
This is what we have lacked in recent seasons.

The invincibles and all our title winning teams were full of physically, and mentally tough, players.

I wouldn't even like to guess who our hardest player is in this side.
Probably Sagna.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
dpt49 said:
Any of Adams, Keown, Vieira would be great for this team.
They were all winners, all leaders and all mentally strong players.
This is what we have lacked in recent seasons.

The invincibles and all our title winning teams were full of physically, and mentally tough, players.

I wouldn't even like to guess who our hardest player is in this side.
Probably Sagna.

Mentally tough?
I don't know. Even the Invincibles and the sides prior to them, failed at times where you didn't expect them to. No one can argue they lacked quality then, I think these failings were partly down to mental fragility. We should be cautious and don't let the present cloud our judgement of the past.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Our team in recent years has been far from mentally weak, pretty strong I would say actually when e everything is taken into consideration. The invincibles, like others have said, had their frailties when things didn't go as planned, something you never saw in a Ferguson team at that time.

But yeah, we aren't mentally weak, I'm not having that.

jerome2158

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
Mentally tough?
I don't know. Even the Invincibles and the sides prior to them, failed at times where you didn't expect them to. No one can argue they lacked quality then, I think these failings were partly down to mental fragility. We should be cautious and don't let the present cloud our judgement of the past.

I think the memory of the Invincibles has made them stronger than they were. Now don't get me wrong...it's one of the greatest accomplishments any English football team has ever achieved.

But with that said...look at some of the teams they drew against in the league. Portsmouth (twice), Charlton, Leicester. And they never actually beat Manchester Utd.

The cup runs should have gone better as well. We should have won the double that season in one way or another. Be it league/league cup, or Champions League.

Latest posts

Top Bottom