• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yea, that part really irk me.
what he said has some truth if he was playing for Udinese or other team in a small city.. but as ****ty player? Hypocrisy at its best

Uncle Mike

Established Member
mavelous said:
fans in jamaica and america are not real fans? how is this stuff flying in this age i'll never know.
Plenty of Englishmen think fans from other countries are not "real fans." They think you can only be a real fan if you go to the games.

Well, forgive me for not having $1500 lying around to just get on a plane, book a hotel room, and pay for a ticket at the Emirates, any time I feel like it. (Except in the off-season, of course.)

I know this one Spud who laughs at me for "not supporting my local team." First of all, I do support the Red Bulls -- and did before Henry arrived. Although I must admit that it was Arsenal who led me to them, not the other way around. When they were the MetroStars, I wasn't ready to follow this sport.

Second of all, I discovered (quite by accident) that said Spud lives in Leicester, over 100 miles from North London.

In that same forum, I get ripped as a "plastic fan" by ManUre fans from Ireland and Pakistan, and a Hammer living in Bournemouth. Apparently, there are "links" between West Ham and AFC Bournemouth. (Yeah, Harry Redknapp lives in Bournemouth, played for and managed West Ham, and bankrupted and relegated both of them as manager.)

And yet, in that same forum, the Liverpool fans in Belfast and Wales have no problem with me. And the Man City fan who lives in, shocker, Manchester is fine with me.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
english clubs should really be grateful for those "yanks", jamaican fans, african fans, and far east fast fans. if it wasn't for such popularity of the english league, i can't see those oil magnate twunts buying their worthless clubs, or the multibillion tv deals or other general attraction of the league that gives it huge advantage over others

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Football is a global sport and Arsenal has a fan base in every corner in the world. Gone are the days where most Gooners were from posh areas like Canonsbury and Barnsbury or working class areas like Woolwich, Islington, Holloway, Highbury, Camden, Finsbury Park and Stoke Newington. We have a large number of fans from Hackney and Wembley Park and thousands more around the country. Arsenal FC has 27M fans across the globe and as you can imagine the overwhelming majority of those fans come from outside of UK. I find it foolish to argue that if you're not from the UK then you cannot be an Arsenal fan.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
they don't even say that Som. they rather condescendingly "allow" us to be fans (i.e. use the popularity figures, the financial advantage, the brand factor), but we still cannot be called real fans because we don't live x miles from xyz club.

hypocrisy is ridiculous. worse than the french monarchy that was in millions debt to lombards, yet they were treated no better than your average rein holder

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
mavelous said:
english clubs should really be grateful for those "yanks", jamaican fans, african fans, and far east fast fans. if it wasn't for such popularity of the english league, i can't see those oil magnate twunts buying their worthless clubs, or the multibillion tv deals or other general attraction of the league that gives it huge advantage over others

Agree, the EPL would be probably around 5th or 6th place in Europe if it weren't for the overseas plastics Adebayor refers to.

But then again we're talking about Adebayor.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
mavelous said:
they don't even say that Som. they rather condescendingly "allow" us to be fans (i.e. use the popularity figures, the financial advantage, the brand factor), but we still cannot be called real fans because we don't live x miles from xyz club.

hypocrisy is ridiculous. worse than the french monarchy that was in millions debt to lombards, yet they were treated no better than your average rein holder
. I've met many fans from outside of UK who were more passionate about Arsenal than some locals. Sometimes the local fans take their geographical advantage for granted while those from outside would give just about anything to have the opportunity to see their heroes in the flesh. I was at the stadium when Blackburn knocked us out of the FA cup and next to me was an american guy who came to europe ONLY for this match and after the game he told me that he'd still do it as it was worth it!!! Remember that Kenyan guy who committed **** (RIP) when we lost to ManUre in the champions league? I'm sure that guy has never been to UK or probably never seen an Arsenal player in the flesh and yet he loved Arsenal more than his own life. Like you and jones said the premier league clubs are filthy rich and if it wasn't an outside interest nobody would be paying top dollar to watch Sp*ds, ManUre, Pool and Chavs.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I don't like 'arry at all, but his book makes for good reading at times, take a look at this:

CARL RICHARDS
This deal wasn’t Wright

One of my favourite signings, and not just from my Bournemouth days, was a striker called Carl Richards. I took him from Enfield and he was a real one-off. He was a big lad, and looked more like Carl Lewis.
I bought Carl for £10,000, went to pick him up from Enfield and while he went in to say goodbye to his manager, he left me with his mate.
‘What are you signing him for?’ said this kid. ‘I’m 10 times better than him. I’ve got 26 goals this season, he’s only got 12. I’m different class than him. Why don’t you sign me?’
I was worried. ‘I can’t buy you, I’m buying him,’ I told Carl’s mate, ‘but I’ll keep an eye out for you, don’t worry.’
So we took Carl and he was absolutely useless. He could run, but that was about it. We played about six games, couldn’t win one. Carl was terrible.

After about four games of this, he came to see me. ‘I’ve got a mate,’ he said. ‘He was asking if he could have a trial. He’s a striker, like me.’
‘And is he as good as you, Carl?’ I asked, suspiciously. ‘No, he’s not as good as me,’ he said, ‘but he’s decent.’
‘Well, tell him not to f***ing bother then,’ I snapped, and that was the end of it.
The following Saturday, we went to play Crystal Palace. ‘My mate, the one who wanted a trial, he’s playing for Palace today,’ said Carl. ‘Oh good,’ I thought. ‘No problem there then.’
Anyway, three goals later I realised Carl wasn’t much of a scout, either. His mate’s name? Ian Wright, who went on to score 238 league goals.
Yet Carl ended up doing fantastic for Bournemouth and I loved him to bits.

Source

:lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Seems to be a player re-born

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/oct/09/gervinho-roma-arsenal-giallorosso-jersey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... sso-jersey</a>

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Might have to get that book just for laughs. Arry's an obnoxious prick and a ****ing dickhead, but also somewhat of a lovable idiot.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
True jones, if you take everything 'arry writes seriously, you might as well suggest he's been the one walking on water 2000 years ago.

Bouchra

Dennis Bergkamp has coaching ambitions at Arsenal.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10365349/Dennis-Bergkamp-reveals-he-wants-to-return-to-Arsenal-to-work-on-the-clubs-coaching-staff.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... staff.html</a>

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
I always rated Gervinho, said it was a problem of confidence. Maybe the pressure at Arsenal was too much for him. Glad for him that he has found form again.

Garcia wrote before about how he helped Gervinho with his shooting technique, guess the guy knows how to get the best from him. Wenger prefers players to look after themselves.

GuNNerZ4LiFe

I always thought Gervihno was special and it was only his finishing that let him down. I really think that the African cup of nations really distracted him from playing more games. He was doing well before going there and when he came back he looked burned out and couldnt get back on for Poldi on the left. I really think Wenger took the African cup into consideration when selling Gervs to Roma. We no longer have a player that will leave for that cup in a ridiculous manner.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Always rated the guy as a solid player but it was always going to be difficult for him to get near our side. Hope he pushes on into the Premier League, it's nice seeing players like Larsson, especially if they take points of our rivals :lol:

I should probably change my avatar too!

a_fourteen

Established Member
musicmonkey said:
Always rated the guy as a solid player but it was always going to be difficult for him to get near our side. Hope he pushes on into the Premier League, it's nice seeing players like Larsson, especially if they take points of our rivals :lol:

I should probably change my avatar too!
Not technical enough for Wenger.
PS Larssons taken plenty of points off us too.

Gunner_Brody

any of you guys read bergkamps book most probably gunna order it just wondered if any of you guys had read it and opinions of it.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stillness-Speed-Story-Dennis-Bergkamp/dp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stillness-Speed ... rgkamp/dp/</a>

Wouterus

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/24/cesc-fabregas-arsenal-barcelona" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -barcelona</a>

Good interview with Cesc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom