• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
onetowatch said:
Cesc played for us in his formative years (16-24) and has a father-son relationship with Arsène. I have no doubt he has a genuine connection with the club. People can argue all they like about how he left and how he joined Chelsea etc (both special circumstances) but IMO it's clear Arsenal means something to him.

Of course 8 years, 3 PL's, 2 FA cups and 1 CL at Chelsea could overwrite that.

Like Ashley Cole? well I can see the similarity although Cesc and his Barca DNA was a similar but worse saga

trunks206

Established Member
Rain Dance said:
onetowatch said:
Cesc played for us in his formative years (16-24) and has a father-son relationship with Arsène. I have no doubt he has a genuine connection with the club. People can argue all they like about how he left and how he joined Chelsea etc (both special circumstances) but IMO it's clear Arsenal means something to him.

Of course 8 years, 3 PL's, 2 FA cups and 1 CL at Chelsea could overwrite that.

Like Ashley Cole? well I can see the similarity although Cesc and his Barca DNA was a similar but worse saga

I think the difference is most Arsenal fans hated Cole and gave him a ton of abuse from day one (plus he moved in the league so he was around to directly received it 2+ times a year) where's Cesc moved out of the country to Barca plus not everyone faulted him for it. Although we "passed" on him (Still think we should have signed him tbh) now that he is with Chelsea he will get the full abuse Cole got, if not worse, and his "feelings" towards the club will surely change as fans will give tons of **** for going there and teaming up with that **** Jose. It will be much much different than he's used to.

Thinking about Jose celebrating when he does something good on the pitch makes me sick.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
trunks206 said:
I think the difference is most Arsenal fans hated Cole and gave him a ton of abuse from day one (plus he moved in the league so he was around to directly received it 2+ times a year) where's Cesc moved out of the country to Barca plus not everyone faulted him for it. Although we "passed" on him (Still think we should have signed him tbh) now that he is with Chelsea he will get the full abuse Cole got, if not worse, and his "feelings" towards the club will surely change as fans will give tons of **** for going there and teaming up with that **** Jose. It will be much much different than he's used to.

Thinking about Jose celebrating when he does something good on the pitch makes me sick.

Exactly, Cole got it worse than Cesc. But you'll not see Cesc get as much abuse as Cole, as you can see there are more than enough Arsenal fans still charmed by his PR. In fact I expect people to moan how we didn't sign him (and sell Özil) for the whole next season

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Cesc Fabregas doesn't love Arsenal :lol:

Do people actually buy into that nonsense? Players don't go on strike when playing for a club they "love".

Mastadon

Established Member
He loves Arsenal about as much as a professional footballer can love a club. You can mention Totti or Giggs who represent 0.01% of the total population or you can accept that professional footballers are motivated by things other than a blind love and devotion to their club just like the rest of us are motivated by things other a blind love and devotion to our jobs/companies.

I mean seriously he moved from an Arsenal team that was interested in nothing more than 4th place in 2011 to Barca who were at their peak anybody who wouldnt fight for a similar career move given the opportunity is....All this nonsense about love is pointless he was class when he played for us and he has handled himself very well since leaving the club and has only said good things about us.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Mastadon said:
He loves Arsenal about as much as a professional footballer can love a club. You can mention Totti or Giggs who represent 0.01% of the total population or you can accept that professional footballers are motivated by things other than a blind love and devotion to their club just like the rest of us are motivated by things other a blind love and devotion to our jobs/companies.

I mean seriously he moved from an Arsenal team that was interested in nothing more than 4th place in 2011 to Barca who were at their peak anybody who wouldnt fight for a similar career move given the opportunity is....All this nonsense about love is pointless he was class when he played for us and he has handled himself very well since leaving the club and has only said good things about us.

Oh believe me I know there's no loyalty or love for clubs in modern football outside exceptional cases. But those who still go on about how much Cesc loves the club or did love the club are in complete denial. He loved Arsenal no more than Van Persie did when he was here....... once he left us people still said "oh but he still loves Arsenal", he does in his ****, perhaps he thought if he ever did return to Arsenal it'd be good PR to keep the Gooners onside (those gullible enough to believe him). That's the reason why he continued to say good things about Arsenal.

Once he left Arsenal I never bothered with him again, I didn't hate him but I didn't follow him and delusionally believe that he still loved the club like some did. Cesc didn't owe us anything and I except that because he's not Gooner, but there's still people who think he is one despite the fact he was so eager to get out of here, for 2 summers in a row. If there was ever a possibility that Cesc fitted into that 0.01% it completed vanished when he made it clear he wanted to leave a team who built a team around him and who made him captain at 21 years of age. Who gave him the freedom to do whatever he wanted, made him our highest paid player and made him central to the progress of Arsenal football club. Who made him such a figure, that if he had of stayed a few more years and won trophies with us he could have actually gone down as one of our most iconic figures. But again he didn't have to stay he was under no obligation to. But the bottom line remains and I'll say it again he loved us no more than someone like Van Persie did, and that's fine by me.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
The good: Henry is about to turn 37 and can still control a game.

The bad: He did it against Arsenal yesterday.

The ugly: Some of you would still rather have him than the in-his-prime Giroud.

viper_001

Established Member
Gunner_Brody said:
Frimpongs on trial with Sturm Graz in Austria how that guys career has turned.

Glad we finally got rid of him. That DENCH rubbish was an embarrassment to the club, not to mention that ear-bleedingly awful "song" he did with his cousin. He should've spent more time in the training ground, and less time on twitter.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/28/andre-santos-arsenal-brazil-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... l-football</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Poor old Andre, it never rains but it pours...

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IILgJS_NLS8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IILgJS_NLS8</a>

Decent interview.

onetowatch

Not sure if it's already been posted but an interesting (and long) read on where it went wrong for Cesc from a Barca fan POV. Slightly biased as you'd expect.

<a class="postlink" href="http://neymarketing.wordpress.com/2014/06/09/requiem-for-a-dream-how-barcelonas-prodigal-son-became-their-most-damaging-signing-in-a-generation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://neymarketing.wordpress.com/2014/ ... eneration/</a>

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Rex Banner said:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/28/andre-santos-arsenal-brazil-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Poor old Andre, it never rains but it pours...

The poor gay.

MaestroCesc

Tir Na Nog said:
Once he left Arsenal I never bothered with him again, I didn't hate him but I didn't follow him and delusionally believe that he still loved the club like some did. Cesc didn't owe us anything and I except that because he's not Gooner, but there's still people who think he is one despite the fact he was so eager to get out of here, for 2 summers in a row. If there was ever a possibility that Cesc fitted into that 0.01% it completed vanished when he made it clear he wanted to leave a team who built a team around him and who made him captain at 21 years of age. Who gave him the freedom to do whatever he wanted, made him our highest paid player and made him central to the progress of Arsenal football club. Who made him such a figure, that if he had of stayed a few more years and won trophies with us he could have actually gone down as one of our most iconic figures. But again he didn't have to stay he was under no obligation to. But the bottom line remains and I'll say it again he loved us no more than someone like Van Persie did, and that's fine by me.
Why do all Cesc haters always only include one side of the argument...

bethie

MaestroCesc said:
Tir Na Nog said:

What's the other side of the argument?

MaestroCesc

bethie said:
MaestroCesc said:
Tir Na Nog said:

What's the other side of the argument?
:lol: The whole argument sounds like everything we did was for him, negating the fact the only reason we did it, was because it was the best way for the team to win.

Highest paid player - He was our best player.
Made him captain - another way of trying to keep him.
Built a team around him - best way to win games.

I could go on and on, but it's already been said so many times I see no point.

Top Bottom