• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Established Member
this actually seems to be a calculated risk, if we end the season with a good central midfield, don't get me started on the wingers, the it's a good idea to sell henry if you've bought a replacement, i.e. Torres signs today, Henry's sold tomorrow. but it's monumental that if you do this, you have the replacment and a functioning midfield.

Legend#1

Established Member
If Barca want Thierry so much and Thierry wants to go.. Then exchange for Eto'o.

If Eto'o doesn't work out, go for Torres.

Sell Freddie (I might have to be careful, a lot of Freddie fans all of a sudden) and get a winger who can beat his man properly and can dribble, Ribery, Joaquin, someone similar)

Sell Gilberto, bring in a DM (I'd love Yaya, but he's more box to box, but i'd take him anyway, feck all this "I'm Makalele I don't move" b/s)

Buhry

Established Member

I have allways dreamt of Torres at Arsenal and if Henry ever was to leave, he would be my number one choice as a replacement.. He is a great player and goalscorer, and a fantastic talent, A Van Persie/Torres partnership would be lethal. But of course, I hope that Henry stays.

Ratinho

Established Member
I've said it before, now Henry is possibly the best player in the world. However, would it be the worst thing for the way our team is shaping up if someone like Torres came in?

I want Henry to stay. I'm not gonna cry or think it's a crisis if he levaes for £30m~.

Tegh

Established Member
That's my exact same opinion, it's a lot of money that can be put forward to buy Torres, and another decent player.

hesham

Established Member
The more this goes on the more i think he is gona leave... It would be a Massive blow for the club.. If this happens we need a BIG NAME replacement.. none of this potential bullshit, dont care how good, wouldnt mind Messi though :).

Thing is if you think abou it weve always had TH14 scoring atleast 25 goals a season which is amazing and every thing but we have never had a second striker scoring more that 10. if we can get a partnership of RvP and Torres/Etoo/Whoever both scoring 20 goals a season.. Maybe we wont miss TH14 as much as we think..

Then again maybe we will

A

Anonymous

So do you think we would be having a better season if Henry left last summer and Vieira stayed?

Feis-al

Just the way we thought we could do without Paddy and he goes and starts shinning with Juventus. The thing is one, If Henry himself as a player thinks he is better off at Barca than Arsenal, I think 30m would make sense because 2months later, He will be the one accusing Wenger for leaving the decision to him.

Arsenal_Soldier

Eto'o is 24/5 while Henry is 28, if we got atleast 5 mil aswell with that, it would be a very class peice of buisness. Very very unlikely though

gunnerGH

Established Member
doubt etoo would be in a swap deal. Henry-Etoo-Ronaldinho would be unstopabble.

Even if we do lose him we all should be excited at the prospect of builing a new team around the key young players.

Ratinho

Established Member
Heh, if Eto'o WAS in part of a swap deal for Henry, you'd expect to get money too? Nah, think about it.

A

Anonymous

How many threads are there going to be on every little paragraph that says he's leaving.

It's not as if anyone actually has first dibs into Henry's brain.

So why are these threads not being closed on sight?

The conversation is exactly the same from all parties - those thinking it's a tragedy, those thinking it would good if a big enough money figure came from it, the usual eto swap deal, the usual torres replacement bs, it's exactly the same conversation with not even one iota of variety in opinions.

Everyone in this thread is a complete idiot for starting the exact same line of reason yet again.

Copy and paste for **** sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom