• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saville

14henrygoal said:
:( please stay titi:(

I think he will, his wife wants to stay in England....and i dont think he will split up with her just to go to spain and face racist comments week in and week out

Neo_McKane

I think it's better for him to stay. Because, if he goes to Barca, it wouldn't be interesting to be at top of the table all the time, and, i realy doubt Barca can reach finals and win CL 2 years in a row.
And, he's too old to switch clubs, he would need at least 1 season to adopt to their style.

awooga83

Established Member
Still not really clear what he intends to do, he is mates with Ronaldinho so i don't think he will have slated him that much, only time will tell where he is going to go.

AFCFan4Ever

I don't think he's going to Barca but I'm starting to get this sinking feeling that he'll go to Real Madrid. Becks is there and what better way to slap Barca right in the face than move to their rivals and be able to go up against them twice a season. I hope he stays but I just don't know.

choi12911

AFCFan4Ever said:
I don't think he's going to Barca but I'm starting to get this sinking feeling that he'll go to Real Madrid. Becks is there and what better way to slap Barca right in the face than move to their rivals and be able to go up against them twice a season. I hope he stays but I just don't know.

Yeah I also don't think he'll be off to Barca after reading his comments. But then, where will he go if not Barca? The Serie A leader Juventus is in deep trouble with scandals. AC Milan is likely going to lose their star striker to Chelsea. Inter is always underperforming. In Spain, Real Madrid is no longer the club it was 3 years ago. Valencia is not much better than us. That leaves England. But, I don't think Henry will switch to another England team. (Can you imagine Thierry joining Chelsea? He will be regarded as a traitor by many Arsenal fans thus losing the 'legend status.')

I just don't know what he's going to do.

choi12911

One thing that worries me is the fact that Henry consistently argued (or yelled) at Arsène for a sub around 70th minute mark. (Probably Jose for Hleb) And Arsène seemed to ignore him a few times and we finally lost. Henry might feel that the result today might have been different if his opinion wasn't ignored.... I don't know. There are just so many different factors and like Arsène said, it's all up to Thierry now.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
choi12911 said:
One thing that worries me is the fact that Henry consistently argued (or yelled) at Arsène for a sub around 70th minute mark. (Probably Jose for Hleb) And Arsène seemed to ignore him a few times and we finally lost. Henry might feel that the result today might have been different if his opinion wasn't ignored.... I don't know. There are just so many different factors and like Arsène said, it's all up to Thierry now.

wow, that was VERY similar to a post i made in the match thread....

choi12911

USArsenal said:
choi12911 said:

wow, that was VERY similar to a post i made in the match thread....

Our view was also shared by one of the commentators tonight. (Forgot his name) He mentioned how Thierry kept talking or yelling at Arsène for something and he thought it was for a sub. Anyways, I really hope Thierry can stay at Arsenal and give another shot at CL glory.

kym7224

One thing is certain all the spanish newspapers Henry already agreed pre-contract with Barca were rubbish.

How can you comment like that if you already know they are your future teammates and Boss?

I don't think so. I honestly believe TH's comment he will consider his option from tonight.

Just wait and see.

jjmcjohnson

el jefe said:
That's the best news I've heard in a while. Hope he knows what he's talking about.

And I can't help but laugh at Barca fans who come onto an Arsenal forum, taunt us saying that they will sign Henry, and then get upset about how we respond. Amazing.

I always considered Barca a classier club than Real Madrid. Everyone hates how Real predictably tries to unsettle opposing players before big matches by linking themselves with them. After listening to Gio, Ronaldinho, Giuly, Deco, Eto'o, et al for a month now, it doesn't seem like there's much difference at all between the two Spanish clubs. Maybe it's a Spanish thing.

I wouldn't be suprised if they actually turned out to be very bitter Sp**s fans in spanish clothes

Saville

If he dont go to Barca, he will stay at Arsenal. What i noticed, was when Henry was speaking to Eto'o after the game....(the honest truth) it looks to me like he said to Eto'o along the lines of ''Im staying at arsenal mate, good luck with your future'' then Eto'o replied ''Ok mate, take care and seeya around'' thats what it look liked to me.

orion

His comments regarding Eto and Ronaldinho certainly did not sound like coming from someone heading to Barca in a whisker.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He isn't done here I am certain now, he has 4 years left at a good capacityand the way he speaks he knows that our youngsters are the future

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
considering his nature of getting angry after losing a match I really dont think he will be getting to Barca next season. As he hinted that we have to get stronger next year is a clear mark that he has unfinished job at Arsenal.
The chitchat he had with Eto', Giuly and Ronnie after the match did not look to me as "Hey, I'll see you soon in Barca".. Henry did not have that face on him last night, compared to fat Frank after Barca-Chelsea, who looked almost certain he dreams of playing in Barca...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom