• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal needs you!

A

Anonymous

Youve got to admire the clubs efforts in improving the atmosphere at Highbury, but when will they realise that nothing is going to work. People are just to lazy to sing now.

I hope this does not come across in an embarrassing way on Sky and make us look stupid.

tox

i wudn't say its simply a matter of people being to lazy to sing sol. Im in north stand and im surrounded by people who don't sing, it can be very tedious, and when u do feel in the mood to sing and start singing on your own, its pretty embarrasing doing a solo. Theres like a knock on effect. Also with alot of new season tickets holders in the stands due to debentures given out, that can hardly improve the situatuion.

The Mini

tox said:
iand when u do feel in the mood to sing and start singing on your own, its pretty embarrasing doing a solo.

It's like in the reserve games, just some murmers. Me and my friend tried singing at one point, but we were the only ones. AW was 2 rows below us and smiled up at us :cry: So magical :cry:

marhes26

Grrr this atmopshere subject really annoys me.Why cant people bo bothered?? dont they ever wonder what the players must be thinking? did you ever dream when you was younger of playing in front of a roaring crowd?? damn it.nowdays you have to dream of scoring and the crowd give you a jolly good round of applause saying bravo old chap!.i've just had a email back from one of the guys involved with this.He said it's putting songsheets on all the seats and that you can stay as long as you like,there's no time limit you have to stay to.

A

Anonymous

marhes26 said:
Grrr this atmopshere subject really annoys me.Why cant people bo bothered??

Because Highbury is flooded with day trippers, foreign tourists (many of whom cant speak English) and rich season ticket holders who expect to be richly entertained each and every game and moan when they are not.

lewdikris

Established Member
Sol - sorry, last week I was sitting amongst some defiantly un-rich old school season ticket holders... did they sing? Did they bollocks.

I'm hoping they might, but the reply I got from the guys organising it said there is no "reward" on offer. :(

He did say that there might be some tickets available for purchase floating around if you get there early though.

Anyway, even if there isn't I'm still going.

"Ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for you club...." :angel

thegame24

Established Member
when i went the people around me were looking up and laughing at the people chanting.

its so hard to get into it when nobody else is AND I WAS IN NORTH BANK.

also when you havnt been in a while you are in awe of the stars and you just sit there with a big grin on your face. there was a kid infront of me who also was the same.

HOWEVER, so many damn lazy season ticket old bastards never chant just sit there smoking fags. away fans are awesome though. weird?

A

Anonymous

Anyone see Soccer AM this morning, totally taking the piss out of the idea.
And they do have a point, i mean what is the point of stupid song sheets? This idea has been tried and tried and it just does not work.

Top Bottom