• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i guess I disagree with that one point then.. i dont think he is better than Flamini in our squad right now... Flamini shows as much heart, is quicker and can actually PASS the ball.... Diaby, well, he's injured, so hard to talk about him and he plays a different position....

but i was quoting you because you made points that i disagreed with your opinion.... i disagreed with your qualification that Freddie has more defensive awareness than others in the squad and i think he brings nothing extra against physical teams, as he is not bigger and stronger than Rosicky or Hleb...he, again, just gets fouled a lot (mainly because he has a poor touch and holds on to the ball when he shouldnt)... so bringing you into my points had its merits since I was directly contradicting a couple of your points (that is, after all, what banter is all about)...

anyhoooooo.....

Lukazan

Established Member
Marco you are nuts.

And Freddie's performance against Hamburg was typical of where he left off before getting injured.

Hard working - Yep.
Lots of time spent on the floor - Yep.
Lots of time spent moaning - Yep.
Lots of time spent moaning on the floor - Yep.
Effective? - Hardly.

I like Freddie, and he is Arsenal through and through, but he is a squad player now, it's clear. The only time I'll be happy with Freddie in the starting line-up, assuming he starts on one of the wings, is when Rosicky or Hleb are injured or in need of a rest. Badly.

kwg

Chips&CurrySauce said:
Personally when Freddie is fit, I start to worry, as Arsène feels obliged to play him as he is one of the very few experienced players we have left..

Freddie without goals is just an average premiership player as far as I'm concerned.
but we are getting beaten by average premiership sides.

the dawn raids

Established Member
marco said:
his close control is second to none but still doesnt create enough of those pires or bergkampy type defence splitting balls

and how do you exactly propose he do that when were playing 5 midfielders and weve not got hardly anyone forward? not to mention teams playing 9 and 10 behind the ball. hes not making those passes because he cant; the space just isnt there. and even with that handicap hes still made some sublime passes this year and even scored a goal here and there.

its simple; if you cant score goals you have to help create them. hleb is better at creating oppurtunities than anyone in our side with the possible expection of fabregas when hes used in the right system. and now that ljungberg cant score to save his life, i think its pretty obvious that his new position is with his ass on the bench.

morpho

Established Member
Of course his experience is vital for our young team but i honestly cant see it go further than the training field. As sad as it might sound, Ljungberg is finished with Arsenal. Or rather Arsenal is finished with him. He has done some tremendous work for us in the past, but its time for our young guns now.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
marco said:
Teams are actually scared ****less of freddy look at the charlton game or the game the other night all he ended up doing was getting fouled.

for me we are a better team with him in there his contribution is very understated

would have him above hleb every day of the week

this is one of the worst thing i have heard in a long time. saying ljungberg is better than hleb is **** rubbish. all ljungberg does is running aimlessly to the byline and running back. whats the difference between him playing and him not playing? i could put a 10 year old idiot asking him to run up and down the byline not creating anything too. for goodness sake, he cant really beat any defender nowsaday. he runs but he cant even outrun them. for me, freddie is over. its better to sell him earlier to get a better price.

compared to hleb, whose close control, dribbling skill beats tons of defenders. even his shooting, crossing, pace, creativity, running back to help the defence surpassed ljungberg. i would say nothing of ljungberg wins hleb.

tam1886

Established Member
I think he could offer more from the centre now than on the wing. Like the AM role he sometimes played last season, supporting the striker. Its another option in midfield

lagos

Established Member
ahh you refer to the modernisation clause in the pre-nup?

the one where it says "fans reserve the right to terminate their love in event of a dip in form"

sabret00the

Established Member
lagosgooner said:

the one where it says "fans reserve the right to terminate their love in event of a dip in form"
nah, i'm referring to article fifteen. if she gets fat and lazy and starts pursuing another career that interferes with her primary role stated at the time of the engagement as a hard worker then i invoke to the right to blissfully move on based on the grounds that their either; lazy, on their arse all day, can't keep up with the pace of the relationship, can't last a full session, spends all day moaning, blames all the problems and mishaps on the children, no longer induces screaming orgasms or matter of fact reaches goals of any sorts and appears to be rather reactionary rather than proactive in the pursuit of glory. in this case i cite all of the above.

Rohit

Established Member
sabret00the said:
lagosgooner said:

nah, i'm referring to article fifteen. if she gets fat and lazy and starts pursuing another career that interferes with her primary role stated at the time of the engagement as a hard worker then i invoke to the right to blissfully move on based on the grounds that their either; lazy, on their arse all day, can't keep up with the pace of the relationship, can't last a full session, spends all day moaning, blames all the problems and mishaps on the children, no longer induces screaming orgasms or matter of fact reaches goals of any sorts and appears to be rather reactionary rather than proactive in the pursuit of glory. in this case i cite all of the above.

:lol:

lagos

Established Member
Wow! he signed that! I always thought his lawyer was a little dim he should have used Jose's lawyer who included the "screw the fans before they turn on you" clause in his pre-nup: see article 17 (right to homesickness)

Any way, you sure this has nothing to do with the rumoured love affair between the fans and a young bellarusian model

Tony Montana

Established Member
I think it's time for Freddie to move on. He's been absolute quality for us but it's time to move on and bring in fresh legs. He's not cutting it anymore and that is a fact.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
fell over, moaned. ran aimlessly down the byline, losing possesion. the worst, not getting a simple goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom