• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCFan4Ever

Nah I don't think he'd be a savoir or or anything like that but I do think it'd be nice to have a player like that when Wenger doesn't play Hleb.

Freddie just can't hack it anymore, we needed another good winger to go along with Hleb...that's my real point, I was just using Ribery to point it out.

marco

Army of Me said:
Freddie is useless, if he's still here next season someone needs to start questioning Arsène's sanity.

Its actually beyond me how all of you continually come out with this drivel.

how many times does he get fouled in a game.

the only teason the guy is always injured is cos he gets battered weak in weak out by taking the tackle.

is this the same freddy ljunberg who was our best player in the champions league final, one of the best in madrid.
he is a big game player, and key to us..

defenders are so worried about facing him its unreal why else is he constantly fouled.....

sorry chatting bout it in the car today with the lads and could name so many occasions of left backs in the last year losing it completely with fred cos they cant play him
hreiderson at charlton, silverstre for man u ( random head butt)
all because he gives them so many problems

best of all he is a big game player and probably the biggest game player at the club just look at his record/performances in the big games

Army of Me

Established Member
Don't you think it's kinda strange that you're very much in the minority Marco?

"defenders are so worried about facing him its unreal"

haha yea right, I could see the fear on the Bolton player's faces tonight. Every time Freddie for the ball it was just mayhem in the Bolton defence.

"why else is he constantly fouled"

Don't confuse being fouled with simply falling over or running into players.

marco

does he really fall over and run into players??

or is that they come for him
.as for being in the minority at games i have not heard one bad thing said about the guy...

he played well today v bolton despite being chopped down godness knows how many times.

he doesnt go down easily either

and the big game player?

are you forgetting the champions league final?
madrid, old trafford?????

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Marco you must be a diehard fan of Freddie, when Ljungberg shaved his head did you copy him? I bet you also model a pair of Calvin Klein boxers as modeled by the Fredster.

Surely though, you can't be blind to his lack of fitness, his lack of goals, his lack of impact and his absence from the first team? Freddie has been a great servant, we cheered for him when he scored on his debut, we shouted his name when he scored that curler in the Cup final and we worshipped him when he scored so many vital goals for us at the back-end Arsène's second double, but his time is up, which is why we bought Hleb-there is a reason. I agree he did play well in Madrid (not so sure about the CL final), but these performances were all too far and few between. And as for defenders being scared-those Calvin Kleins must be too tight!?

Joking aside, I don't really see how anyone can say Freddie really impacts our games any more, certainly not on a regular basis.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
marco said:
does he really fall over and run into players??

or is that they come for him
.as for being in the minority at games i have not heard one bad thing said about the guy...

he played well today v bolton despite being chopped down godness knows how many times.

he doesnt go down easily either

and the big game player?

are you forgetting the champions league final?
madrid, old trafford?????

CL final, he just ran down the flank times and times again. and its against oleguer. once belleti came in, where was ljungberg? and not to mentioned he should have scored. i don't remember him playing well in madrid or OT.

he played well against bolton today? if you think so i have nothing to say. :roll:

vanderguy

Marco you are really funny, NOBODY not even my sister will be scared of lgunberg with a ball because he cant dribble, he is just plain pathetic and i am more better than lgunberg, i could also pull tricks used by wide players to beat the marker while lgunberg cant :cry:

jay-d

Established Member
Scared of Freddie? LMAO. Did you see him 'trying' to outpace that big galoof looking prat Hunt? Hunt didn't even sprint and still beat Freddie, and like people mention Freddie tries his ridiculous step overs and runs into people most of the time.

He WAS a great player for us but sadly his time has come and thats not a knee jerk reaction, I've been saying Freddie has been shot for the best part of 2 years now. He's still here by default to be honest with all the changes some continuity had to remain and Freddie got fortunate.

marco

DO you not ask yourself??

why is ljunberg always injured???

maybe its because the guy has taken an absolute battering for us virtually every game.
he doesnt dive he takes the tackle every time..hence his injury record.

Though obviously that shouldnt justify his placement in our team.

at the end of the day most of you were the same people slating pires last year and look how much we miss him this year..

as for being ljunbeg greatest fan- no not at all, in fact i have regularly been frustrated with him at times, but to say that he is finished and past it,you must be on a different planet.

please watch a game in its entirety and watch what he does...his defensive player and how many times the guy is MAN MARKED

when he makes a run there is usually 2 men on him everytime hence why defenders are scared.

also wish Arsène had played him vs bolton as he should be saved for the big games- given his injuryproneness

jay-d

Established Member
How many times has Ljunberg actually got injured playing? He seems to pick up the most bizarre injuries and only about 5% are those are in match time the rest are in training/home enviroments. But seriously Freddie is not the player he was and won't ever be IMO. We really need to move on, keeping Pires would have been much much more benficial than holding on to Freddie, who should have been the one to go in the summer.

marco

Its after game when get knocks, look at bolton yesterday how many times did he get kicked or stood on ( bad foot) or elbowed/ kicked( head cut)

i know he has the migraine stuff but lots of other times he is injured through tackles.

at the end of the day we will agree to disagree..

and am looking forward to the beers being bought when freddy knocks in the winner in athens!!!

Gurgen

Established Member
One thing I never understood about people here: Freddie is past it but why do some feel the need to abuse him? Same happened to Pires last season. He was a big player for us who is simply over the hill, show some goddamn respect.

otfgoon

Established Member
Gurgen said:
One thing I never understood about people here: Freddie is past it but why do some feel the need to abuse him? Same happened to Pires last season. He was a big player for us who is simply over the hill, show some goddamn respect.

Well said, add Sol to that list.

Rohit

Established Member
Freddie may have lost his touch,his pace and may be short on confidence.He was near useless yesterday with the ball.I still thought he got into great positions in the box but his touch evaded him and he simply couldn't get it right.If only he can get some sharpness back.

Along with Adebayor he was our only goal threat yesterday.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Sol lost all my respect when he ****ed off at HT.

Freddie's finished it looks like, one good game in how many?

Thank you and goodbye Ljungberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom