• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Army of Me

Established Member
Freddie played well today, but let's not get carried away - 1 good game out of 20 is not a statistic that will guarantee him a place ahead of Rosicky or Hleb.

Alfonso

Established Member
Freddie is a big game player. Lets wrap him up in cotton wool and unleash him in the big games.

the dawn raids

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Excellent game from Freddie today, though I wish he would stop picking fights with everyone. He's even worse than Cesc.

where do you think fab gets it from? :wink:

anyway he was good today. but hleb is still miles ahead of him and should play against porto and chelsea.

patrick42uk

Established Member
to be honest, rosicky but especially hleb have had their chances to put ljungberg's challenge to bed. that he's still about the first team despite not being at his sharpest says they havent been effective in doing so. lungberg played himself back into contention for a starting berth. he ha an advantage too because wenger clearly trusts him.

freddie plays because he allows us to be more direct and his precensce offers better balance to the midfield. he's getting old and losing sharpness and i do think wenger needs to replace him with a player that offers similar off the ball penetration. the experience factor and the fact he rarely gives the ball away probably makes wenger rlecutant to do so.

Lukazan

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Alfonso said:
Freddie Ljunberg will be man of the match against Sp**s. There you go, ive just said it. Shoot me if im wrong.

:wink:

Lets see what RtC says now!

Why?

Freddie wasn't MOTM today.

It's a reflection on Freddie that he has one decent game and everyone is creaming.

Adebayor, Toure, Fabregas, Clichy and Djourou were all better than Freddie today.

Alfonso

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Alfonso said:
Alfonso said:
Freddie Ljunberg will be man of the match against Sp**s. There you go, ive just said it. Shoot me if im wrong.

Why?

It's a reflection on Freddie that he has one decent game and everyone is creaming.

Adebayor, Toure, Fabregas, Clichy and Djourou were all better than Freddie today.

You really dont like Freddie do you? If Hleb did what Freddie did today we wouldnt have heard the end of it!!

Sammer

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
[
Why?

Freddie was good today. Good, not brilliant. He is always good when the whole team plays well (like against Real Madrid).

Credit for his fighting spirit, but the same applies to the whole team. He still lacks end product, but it was nice to see that he actually won some one on one´s.

I find it laughable to give him a special mention for todays game...special mention has to go to Adebayor, Cesc and (for me) Clichy.

Lukazan

Established Member
Alfonso said:
LuKaZaN said:
Alfonso said:
Alfonso said:

Why?

You really dont like Freddie do you? If Hleb did what Freddie did today we wouldnt have heard the end of it!!

No, I already said I like Freddie Ljungberg..

And no, if Hleb turned in the performance Freddie did today I'd have called it a decent but very un-Hleb-like performance.

jester

Established Member
His performance today was great, but whilst it is great, it should be his 'norm', not a one off, and that is the real shame

kel varnsen

Established Member
jester said:
His performance today was great, but whilst it is great, it should be his 'norm', not a one off, and that is the real shame

it wasn't 'great'; it was good, but i can see how some would think it was great as freddie has been ****e for nearly two years now and even the slightest improvement in form would seem like a giant step in the right direction...

jester

Established Member
I meant more 'great to see', but still think it was better than good. He was making runs and looking like the old freddie more than he has in a while

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Alfonso said:

it wasn't 'great'; it was good, but i can see how some would think it was great as freddie has been s***e for nearly two years now and even the slightest improvement in form would seem like a giant step in the right direction...

Quoted...for....truth!

That's what RtC would say. Big improvement, but he should be playing like that all the time, not once every 4 months.

patrick42uk

Established Member
if hleb put in a performance like that, which he obviously couldnt cos they are different players, he'd get a 9. why? because freddie's contribuiton can be less obvious, off the ball, whilst hleb's contribution is on the ball in a sylish manner.

ultimately, neither leads to goals or assists (i.e. direct impact) because they are both players who depend on better players to make them look good.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
I've been hyper-critical of Henry all season and taken lots and lots of **** for it, but finally appears I'm not the **** that everyone thought I was ;)

And Fred did have a good game yesterday - those runs of his were back in abundance, but as with Henry, new team, old players, didn't work .
He was getting WELL pissed off yesterday noone was picking him out.

Gurgen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
no one seems to have a problem with cesc doing it. its always one rule for the favorites and another for the others.

Cesc is 19, Freddie is 29...

patrick42uk

Established Member
so lets encourage cesc to be like that so when he's 29, he can be just like freddie.

its unproductive and should be discouraged at every level.

Sammer

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
if hleb put in a performance like that, which he obviously couldnt cos they are different players, he'd get a 9. why? because freddie's contribuiton can be less obvious, off the ball, whilst hleb's contribution is on the ball in a sylish manner.

ultimately, neither leads to goals or assists (i.e. direct impact) because they are both players who depend on better players to make them look good.

So wrong mate...

I would expect more of you patrick. You obviously have forgotten about the brilliant passes and assists Hleb has put in this season.

Now what has Freddie done so far, besides getting "stuck in" in one game against Tottenham?

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Freddie was ****ing immense yesterday, I dont care what anyone says.

It was a perfect NLD performance, full of fight, passion and commitment. That is what you want to see from players in these types of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom