• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
longrufus said:
Legend#1 said:
He had a good game, but he's still painful to watch and doesn't have any end product anymore, he's a legend but I hope this is his last season.

Would be a good man to bring on when we are ahead in a tight game, with time left in, he can give us that expeirence, grit and determination.
sounds a bit like a certain ex-Gunner in Parlour?

Pike

I would agree that Frediw gives Arsenal a lot of grit, determination, aggression, and drive. Unfortunately, he is not what he once was. I thnk his attributes are better suited playing further back in the formation. Ideally in front of the defenders.

He has that hard nose attitude that is perfectly suited for such a role. Arsenal dosen't really have a guy like that in midfield. They are pretty pedestrian, except for Freddie, but he lacks any real flair.

Has this been discuss?

Pike
Big games
Arsenal- Chelsea
Saints- Cowgirls

vanderguy

We need better and modern wingers(Ronaldo) that can win or change a game and also beat defenders one on one, not this grit and all this nonsense.

Biggus

Established Member
Sammer said:
patrick42uk said:
if hleb put in a performance like that, which he obviously couldnt cos they are different players, he'd get a 9. why? because freddie's contribuiton can be less obvious, off the ball, whilst hleb's contribution is on the ball in a sylish manner.

ultimately, neither leads to goals or assists (i.e. direct impact) because they are both players who depend on better players to make them look good.

So wrong mate...

I would expect more of you patrick. You obviously have forgotten about the brilliant passes and assists Hleb has put in this season.

Now what has Freddie done so far, besides getting "stuck in" in one game against Tottenham?

I'm with Patrick on this one.....whilst Freddie is not the player he was (and indeed may never be again) he still offers more directness and goal threat than crablike movement of Hleb.

bazza_afc

arsenal_hleb said:
Sammer said:
Alfonso said:
Sammer said:
What exaclty are you trying to say Alfonso by "let´s have faith in them"?
Freddie is only few of the current players that have won major trophies with the club. He is our longest serving player. He offers intangible advantages to the squad. He is one of the few players in our team that offers grit and determination, qualities that are not synonmous with this Arsenal side. He may not be as good as before, but he is Arsenal through and through, he will offer experience to the younger players. He prob wont be here in the summer, but untill we then i think he still has a big role to play.

Fair play, if that role is firing players up and helping them mentally to prepare for big games, or to simply give 100% on the pitch. These are definately Freddie qualities.

If he finds this role, he can be of great help - which doesn´t mean he has to play every game, but rather to come in, when certain qualities are needed.

However, it is clear that he should not be a regular first team starter any more.

the main problem is do Arsène think he is not good anymore? can Arsène see that clear fact? i believe wenger still believes in freddie. he thinks that freddie can provide alot for the team if he plays more game. he thinks freddie is good and he is a regular member.

i don't believe wenger will be brave enough to sell freddie and buy a replacement in the summer

But he's brave enough to sell his captain and replace him with an eighteen year old?

patrick42uk

Established Member
freddie isnt the same player but the qualities he offers are qualities we lack and which cost us. its wenger's mistake really, if he had rosicky and hleb in mind as the first choice wingers because it leaves us terribly unbalanced. freddie's game is different to theirs because it offers, on paper, penetration from midfield. even if when through he lacks the same sharpness or if this team lacks te awarness to pik him out often enough.

point is we are so in need of the qualities that freddie offers that he'll get games. even if clearly in decline physically.

AFCFan4Ever

It's kinda hard for him to offer us anything when he can't beat defenders anymore, has lost his pace, and loses possession a lot of the time.

In theory he's supposed to offer us something different but in reality, he rarely does.

awooga83

Established Member
Freddie offers you moaning at players or the ref or what ever and does alot of running but as said he can't beat anyone his pace has abandoned him and his finishing seems to have gone awol to. So he really is of no benefit other then as i said to wind up other players or the ref. Maybe also to show the kids hwat kind of effort they should put in as an example because of the running he does but actually contributing to our game he doesn't.

thegame24

Established Member
freddie offers you a one on one with the goalie and yet manages to **** up.

joke.

nah ljungberg aint what he used to be and he doesnt suite our new style which is like 100% possesion.

if he were at one of those **** teams that play on the counter against us he would be perfect.

Viper

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
It's kinda hard for him to offer us anything when he can't beat defenders anymore, has lost his pace, and loses possession a lot of the time.

In theory he's supposed to offer us something different but in reality, he rarely does.
Thats true,

Freddie has been pretty poor this season, and although he has shown good work rate, has he really helped us in attack?

Hleb and Rosicky have definitely beat him in this department, and are both superior players them him.

Although our 'wide men' are far too creative and apparently lack the same penetration Freddie offers, choosing Freddie over Rosicky or Hleb is pretty much stupid, as both of these players have played well in almost every game this season, unlike Freddie who has had only 1 decent game against Sp**s.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
thegame24 said:
freddie offers you a one on one with the goalie and yet manages to f**k up.

joke.

nah ljungberg aint what he used to be and he doesnt suite our new style which is like 100% possesion.

if he were at one of those s**t teams that play on the counter against us he would be perfect.[/quote]

This quality in Freddie is what will keep him here for some years to come, he can still play a part as a senior member of the squad but the old Freddie is gone

no team could buy him (and the teams that could don't want to) With him signing a new contract last year(?) midlevel teams that could use him and could afford the transfer fee can't afford to pay him, it would have been another deal for them to sign him on a bosman

Biggus

Established Member
thegame24 said:

The problem with 100% possession is at some point its probably nessessary to release the ball for a strike at goal- joke.

eddie_wills

RocktheCasbah said:
I know it's the NotW, but has anyone seen this?

Ljungberg is apparently Arsenal history.

I guess we'll wait and see...

I wouldn't be too surprised if we told him we were willing to listen to offers. But anyone at the club telling him to "find another club - now!" well, I'd be surprised.

Meek

yes, even as an aussie i have heard about how rubbish NOTW is. if thats how it went down, well then im sorry but its disrespectful to a player, who although hasn't peformed well for a while, still gives 100% whenever he plays for us.

Alfonso

Established Member
I feel bad for Freddie. He must be gutted if this is true. He is an Arsenal legend and loves Arsenal. He is Arsenal through and through. I hope he stays till the summer at least. He is our longest serving player.

Worse comes to worse, and we sell him in Jan(assuming NOTW report is accurate) then we definately need to get a replacment. But i say keep him till the summer at least because his experience is very important for us, espercailly at the business end of the season in Spring..

Christofaux

I reckon ill shed a tear if he leaves. I'll definately be following him wherever he goes. (his progress not the team he goes to, although they will instantly become a favoured team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom