• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meek

nice post henry's girl. thats exactly what i said in the winter transfers 2007 thread.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
playing wise, he nows offers us absolutely nothing and its only wise the club sell him asap before his value drops.

person wise, he is arsenal out and out and its only right to be sad if he is forced out like that. freddie we will forever remember you.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I doubt this is tue. it's a bit drastic telling him to leave within a month. The end of the season seems a more logical time.

Mckenna

I doubt the club said anything like that (although we have no idea what Arsène's like in private), it's probably just the NOTW trying to sensationalise some little tidbit they got passed which was probably "Freddie might be leaving"

No disrespect, but Ljungberg is way past it and has been for more than a season. He's too lightweight, spends all the time on the floor and moaning at the ref who, rightly, doesn't blow for a foul. I don't know how much we'll get for him at the moment, but with his wages, I doubt it'll be that much, especially given his form too.

It does raise the point of needing a replacement, although I suspect Wenger will use this to try and give Walcott more opportunities. I know we always think Wenger's lying to us over transfers, but I've never seen him this adamant that we wouldn't be signing anyone. I suppose it depends on who leaves.

Freddie's era is over, sadly. Thanks for the memories, mate. You'll always be remembered for your 2002 FA cup clincher and your red hair.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Well Pat, there is no truth in these rumours. Arsenal prob will realse something on Mon saying that these rumours are BS.

I wouldnt be able to take it to see him in a rival's shirt. If we are going to sell, lets make sure he never plays for an EPL club.

wasnt freddie one of those singled out by PHW last season for being past it? who was the other? campbell wasnt it? where is he now? wenger monitors players physically and the moment you show decline, you are out.

listen, he did it with vieira and campbell who were bigger players than freddie so i have no doubts about his ability to do that again.

Gurgen

Established Member
I've said before we need to cut our losses. 70k a week for someone who is always injured is beyond bad business.

It's of the utmost importance that he is replaced however. Replaced by a similar player who is willing to make runs from midfield and get into goalscoring positions. If we sell Freddie before we have a replacement lined up I'll be very disappointed.

Gryphon

freddie will go :( but not now, Arsène still nedds ljungberg as a squad player but as walcott grows and the team developes freddie will be like " i have done my job here lets see if i can finish my career some where else in style"
for now i'd rather have reyes back and if thats not possible then sell reyes for ribery.

Lukazan

Established Member
I'd very much doubt there is any truth in this.

Would I like it to happen? Yes. It'd be a shame for the fact that Ljungberg is a big part of Arsenal and one of our longest serving players, but this new-look Arsenal team is leaving him behind, and fast. Best for both club and player, I think.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was most upset ,when I bought the paper and read it.
Upset over NOW ,and the headlines it had for the story about Freddie.
Our Freddie always given his 100per cent for the club and never moaned about ArsenalFC
Sadly I think he will be let go,but at end of season.
I can not see Arsenal FC being callious and telling him to go and he not wanted and find another club now.
Freddie never said bad word about his club when he on bench or not even on team sheets
Freddie can not help getting injuries,maybe hire him to help our youth and get them to be here there and everywhere

stuart

Established Member
I would be sad to see him go but it is probably for the best ... he can still be useful for the battles but i think if we are realisitc we know he will never return to the form he was once in .... i certainly wouldn't have the guts to tell him to go ... he has been such a good servant to the club and has been loyal too, with all the speculation linking him to Inter a few years ago

lagos

Established Member
Sometimes you can't blame the modern day footballer for the way they act and I include the likes of Ashley Cole

You only need to read some of the comments here to realise that fans are equally as bad. The same fans that were calling Adebayor a waste of space are now hailing him as a hero. we boo our own player (Song)instead of trusting the managers judgement and encouraging new players to settle. We have/had SQUAD players like Flammini and Cygan and we keep attacking them depsite the fact that they show commitment if nothing else whenever they step on the field. Yet we expect our star players to show loyalty to the club? Loyalty is a 2 way street. What we as fans are doing to Ljunberg now is no different from what Cole did to the club. What right do we have to expect Cole to have shown any loyalty to the club if we treat Ljunberg this way?

Yes Ljunberg is past his best, yes he is on big wages(which we could do without for what he now gives us on the pitch) but he is one of our longest serving players and has played his role in the past. A little more respect please in his twighlight years instead of treating him like some old rag. And this applies to all our players while they are still in an arsenal shirt!

Shadow Moses

Established Member
@ some replies here:

Football isn't a charity, it is a business. You can't expect a club like Arsenal that's in major debt to have a liability in the squad earning over £70k a week. The club needs to cut their losses and reduce wage bill as much as possible.

I'm definitely in favour of this move. The "freed" up money could be put to better use.

Christofaux

Well my view would be to see if he would take a pay cut first to reflect his status in the squad... however if a club sees a player as suprlus they might want 100% of his wages to go elsewhere.

Shredder

I don't think anyone's saying he hasn't been a great player for us, but it's getting more and more clear that he's pretty much a cripple at this point. There's always a calf, a hamstring, a thigh or whatever. He's lost much of the zap he had which enabled him to elude defenders and make smart runs. Maybe if he was truly 100% physically he could still do some of that, but he never is and will seemingly never be again. When he's saying he is fully fit he's usually on shots and injections or something.

But you lot already know all that, of course...

I don't now how you can compare this situation (if it exists at all) to the Ashley Cole situation. I didn't hear anyone boo Cole before his little tet-a-tet, did you? Furthermore, if he hadn't had that meeting, I could've maybe even sympathised with his demands. But that's a different story.

I say, you can't keep players that aren't helping you win games and, for me, Ljungberg simply isn't doing that right now. Hard as he may try, he's just along for the ride at the moment, playing-wise. That said, it would of course be completely classless to just kick him out, but that won't happen.

If he somehow gets back to 100% - great, keep him - but that seems more and more unlikely in my eyes.

Ricky_AFC

I think he should move on in the summer as he no longer offers us much on the pitch. He is all fight and heart but he doesn't score or create anything now. I would hate to see him shunted out in this transfer window and agree with lagosgooner, he has always gave 100%, gave us some great memories and is arsenal through and through and would defend us to the death. Definitely have him out in the summer and let him find a club abroad parting on good terms, but shunting him out now is very harsh IMO.

lagos

Established Member
To Shredder in particular,

you don't understand me, I'm not against a Ljunberg exit I'm against the disparaging comments like "cripple" or waste of space for someone who has served the club well in the past and who is getting to the end of his shelf life (as if we didn't know that would happen). It simply shows that fans only give a **** about a players current form and as such you can't expect that player's don't see that and hence decide to disregard loyalty and cash in while they can

As regards Ashley Cole, of course he wasn't booed while he was here because he was playing well (which is exactly my point) the only reason his departure was generated such bad feeling was primarily because he was such a good player and still in his prime i.e he screwed us before we screwed him. If he had been playing like **** before he left people like you wouldn't have given a toss.

All i'm saying in a nutshell is you can't be selective with your "loyalties" you can't show disloyalty to out of form players and expect players in form to show you any loyalty. Yes Ljumberg time is coming to an end, particularly with his wage bill, but can we as fans at least give him a more dignified exit?

Ricky_AFC

lagosgooner said:
you don't understand me, I'm not against a Ljunberg exit I'm against the disparaging comments like "cripple" or waste of space for someone who has served the club well in the past and who is getting to the end of his shelf life (as if we didn't know that would happen). It simply shows that fans only give a s**t about a players current form and as such you can't expect that player's don't see that and hence decide to disregard loyalty and cash in while they can

As regards Ashley Cole, of course he wasn't booed while he was here because he was playing well (which is exactly my point) the only reason his departure was generated such bad feeling was primarily because he was such a good player and still in his prime i.e he screwed us before we screwed him. If he had been playing like s**t before he left people like you wouldn't have given a toss.

All i'm saying in a nutshell is you can't be selective with your "loyalties" you can't show disloyalty to out of form players and expect players in form to show you any loyalty. Yes Ljumberg time is coming to an end, particularly with his wage bill, but can we at least give him a more dignified exit?

I understood and agreed with what you said. My post was just of the ranting and rambling sort, with the fact I agree with you thrown in randomly amongst my other points :lol:

lagos

Established Member
Ricky my post was directed at shredder.i only read yours after submitting mine. I suppose I should have used quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom