• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
When I was a kid I loved Wright. I had his name on the back of my Arsenal shirt with the premier league patches on the side. He wasn't the reason I supported Arsenal but it was a help. Even when Bergkamp came I didn't even acknowledge him properly because I was all wrighty loved up. Remember that twist, turn and dummy against Sp**s in 1996 or 97 against Sp**s when he put in a lovely long cross for Dennis on the other side of the pitch who cooly controlled it and smashed a low drive into the near post? Aaaaaaaaaaaargh. :worthy I was there in the West Stand as a junior gooner.

Ian Wright was a G. As was Ljungberg. :lol:
i was just watching some YouTube clips and it still gives me that magic feeling to see his score.

lagos

Established Member
All this Ian Wright loving! I suppose I should say Wright was a big hero of mine. It made my day when I bumped into him and lennox Lewis in traffic sometime around 92 or '93 and he smiled at me and gave me a wink!. (Lennox blanked me completely, who cares he was a wuss anyway) but in the last few years I've not been too happy with some of his public comments and sadly I don't quite hold him with the same reverence i used to :(

Dougan17

The last three seasons he has progressively gotten slower and slower and slower and his production has taken a sharp, sharp decline in that time. Without Bergkamp making decoy runs, demanding attention from defenders, and feeding him inch-perfect balls to run on to he is lost. He doesn't cross, his passes aren't there, his runs are not intelligent enough to lose his mark, and he doesn't have the pace to beat them anymore. Freddie is a spent force. If he won't stay on at a drastically reduced price, he won't stay on, imo.

I love the guy, I think he's been one of the hardest working guys on the field but hard work doesn't earn you a spot, hard work and the speed that he had and his nose for the goal earns you a spot, with only one-third of that, I can't justify paying him those wages anymore. It's time to sell him on to another club where he can revitalize himself and make sure he keeps his captaincy for Sweden over the next two years, something he's in danger of losing if he doesn't play first team football.

patrick42uk

Established Member
cant see it to be honest. west ham might want him, but freddie would probably be too proud to move. besides, if he stays here he'll get games and we are in the cl afterall.

i think freddie is more likely to leave in the summer.

dos1986

Established Member
£7mil and his 70k of the wage bill is too good to turn down agree with you sabre Curbs must be mad to pay that for freddie this potential deal would make cygans sale look a bargain

lagos

Established Member
deal or no deal? ... err deal (still sad to see him go) Patrick has a point though: Ljunberg might feel too proud to move to west ham except they offered him a long term deal with the high wages which I can't see them doing considering they may be relegated

no deal on the Lauren on loan bit though

off topic but if this deal goes through we must be sitting on a significant war chest

gallas £5m
cygan £2m
stokes £2m
freddie £7m

that's £16m we probably weren't expecting and in addition to whatever was there already

Christofaux

I reckon Freddy should tell the club that he will prove he merits a place here over the season or move on in the summer. If an Ultimatum has to be given i think that is the fairest.

Nutsy

Established Member
Alfonso said:
What is this, national change your avator day? :lol:

:lol: it's such a freaky coincidence aswell, i changed my avatar, much less to ya Alfonso, sticking to the Henry "shh" avatar seems to be your trademark eih :lol:

btw, Hammers want Freddie for 7 m????? :shock: tbh, i dont fancy to let Freddie leave, he's Arsenal @ heart. but his form is terrible. hmmmm

lagos

Established Member
dos1986 said:
£7mil and his 70k of the wage bill is too good to turn down agree with you sabre Curbs must be mad to pay that for freddie this potential deal would make cygans sale look a bargain

It's not so much madness as desperation. there are not many players available in the january window with the experience they require to help them out of the rot they are in. So they either pay up or chance getting relegated.

gstew

£7m?????????

I would have been ecstatic with £3m. I have always loved Freddie and he will always be in most of our hearts....but freakin' £7m????????? He is well past it and it would be stupid to turn down even half of that.

Every career ends. If you can actually get paid for a player whose career has effectively already ended, then why prolong the misery? Should we keep Freddie until he is 50 just because we love him?

We didn't get paid for Wiltord, Pires, Kanu, Campbell or Edu. If a player's Arsenal career is over, it is at least nice to get a little compensation for it.

BTW, does anyone know if we get a Bentley or Upson sell-on fee like we did for Pennant?

Grampus_Eight

gstew said:
£7m?????????

I would have been ecstatic with £3m. I have always loved Freddie and he will always be in most of our hearts....but freakin' £7m????????? He is well past it and it would be stupid to turn down even half of that.

Every career ends. If you can actually get paid for a player whose career has effectively already ended, then why prolong the misery? Should we keep Freddie until he is 50 just because we love him?

We didn't get paid for Wiltord, Pires, Kanu, Campbell or Edu. If a player's Arsenal career is over, it is at least nice to get a little compensation for it.

BTW, does anyone know if we get a Bentley or Upson sell-on fee like we did for Pennant?

If West Ham pay £7m for Freddie it will surely have to be tied to appearances, goals, not getting relegated etc.

Also, perhaps there is a chance that Inter would like Freddie and his Calvins to replace Figo along with Becks. Freddie and Becks on the same Inter Milan team...

Christofaux

Grampus_Eight said:
Also, perhaps there is a chance that Inter would like Freddie and his Calvins to replace Figo along with Becks. Freddie and Becks on the same Inter Milan team...

Sounds... sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom